Johan Blaine
    Their BYOND Key
    GrimReaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    IDK determine the punishment?
    Description of the incident
    I ordered everyone to be drone castes at round start and I got a note for disrupting the round
    Evidence
    Logs I guess.
    How you would punish the accused
    I wouldnt I dont think he did anything wrong I just dont think I deserved to be noted for trying a different strategy. Ive seen queens order people to be certain castes before and it was kosher so I didnt think ordering them in mass would be any different.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report basically sums up the event. The player ordered everyone to go Drone, and it was ahelped about. I told the player that they couldn't order the entire hive to be a single caste, as it'd be disruptive to the regular round flow. The Queen is given great power over the hive, but I felt that this was effectively the same as massive equipment restrictions.

I believe I acted accordingly here.

(No SeniorModerators or Admins were on at the time)
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The note in question:
    Ordered everyone to be Drone as Queen, did not retract the order after being informed via PM that it would be disruptive to the round and that they weren't allowed to order everyone to be a single caste. Slightly uncooperative in PMs. Consider jobban from Queen if behavior is continued.
    by Grimreaperx15 (Moderator) on Sat, February 2nd of 2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to touch on the ruling first and clarify a little bit about said ruling here as well.

Is it ok for a queen to nominate Specific xenos to go certain castes? It is. If you have a hive of say 35 xenos and only one is a drone, feel free to have your next few larva become drones.
    Is it ok for a queen to prevent certain xenos from evolving to certain castes? It is. In the same situation where you have 35 runners, its acceptable to say "Ok no more runners for a while."
    Then the question comes up can you make of hive of entirely one caste. No. And the answerer is no for a few reasons.
    1) Its not feasible. While I have no doubt that a hive of all drones would be interesting as all get out to watch for a while, I doubt very much that it would do well.
    2) Its silly. Just like we have revised our rules and now step in when a Captain attempts to do something silly and ban all of a type of weapon for marines, we step in and prevent the queen from doing the same thing for xenos.
    3) It can be a form of griefing using the queens authority. Now let me say first all do I think you were doing it grief in this instance? No I do not. But it has been done before where a queen who just "Quit" forces everyone to become drones to screw over the hive and force the side to loose.
    4) It takes away some big aspects of player agency. It can be easy to forget that the people playing xeno are in fact people. They all have their things they wish to do in a round and ways that they like to play. If you force all players to become a drone it makes those players who dislike how the drone plays have an unenjoyable round. Sometimes this one takes a hit. Sometimes you HAVE to have that person who really doesn't want to be a drone become a drone. But its a big difference between forcing the entire side do something that may be unenjoyable and one or two people having to do it.

As for the note itself. Notes are not necessarily the end of the world. We have a large staff and a lot of people playing. The only way we remember when incidents happen is by player notes. So we note everything. Chances are if a Mod has bwoinked you, it was noted down. By themselves they don't mean much. But they help us establish trends which we can then act on. At the end of the day I believe you got noted for two things. It was not for trying something new. It was for not attempting to correct the behavior the Mod told you to correct, and being "uncooperative." Had you not done those two things, I'm sure the conversation would have been a simple "Hey you cant do that. Change that order." "Ok." "Have a CM day." Looking at this, at first I thought this note was excessive, asking the next Mod to consider a jobban. But looking at your notes. I see that it is not. Your trends have been established by you already. Its not appropriate for me to say what your other notes are here, but you know what they are.

Resolved. No action taken.

Edit. It seems as if hive orders are not being properly stored in the logs. And the player did change their orders to have all xenos go drone. In light of this the Note will be changed to:
    "Ordered everyone to be Drone as Queen. Slightly uncooperative in PMs when told it was not allowed."
    Last edited by Grimcad; 02-05-2019 at 11:08 PM. Reason: New evidance.