User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you use directional slashing?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 61.40%
  • No

22 38.60%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Directional Slashing

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goon directional combat is the real stuff man.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neth was assuring me that directional assist does not interfere with skill in any way. I still don't 100% believe it. To my eye it seems that Byond eats a lot more skill clicks when you use skills with directional assist. I have no way of proving that though, except for diving into the code.

So while it's useful in theory, in practice I seem to be getting enough delay from it at my mid ping for it not be worth it. So I rather try to position myself in a way to make clicking easier.

UPD: Ok, I've just did the code dive and conclusively proven to myself that directional assist does not interfere with skills.

Still, it may be questionable if you're playing some aiming-focus caste, like the warrior. Since you're using skills pretty much more than you do the slashy-slashy. You need to aim precisely anyway, so its use is questionable.

Then it does not work for hitting the tall you stand on. Maybe someone should fix that actually.

Another thing is that there is some kind of bug that eats clicks with it. Usually best demonstrated on the cades. Try spamclick slashing them with dirassist. Very often you just stop slashing for second at a time. I'm not 100% sure if that bug would also show itself on talls.
    Last edited by sg2002; 03-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use it because I feel like when I have it off, my clicks register more. Probably a placebo like all the other lies I've been told.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I think I should mention this too - you know the common wisdom that directional adds delay to all of your attacks? Well it's kinda not true. Directional gets triggered only when you not click on a nearby sprite, that is do a ranged attack. So, if you have dirassist enabled and click on the sprite correctly it would not get triggered and your clicks would be processed the same way as without it.

It may add some delay when you're spamclicking and miss some of the clicks and trigger it though.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Oh and I think I should mention this too - you know the common wisdom that directional adds delay to all of your attacks? Well it's kinda not true. Directional gets triggered only when you not click on a nearby sprite, that is do a ranged attack. So, if you have dirassist enabled and click on the sprite correctly it would not get triggered and your clicks would be processed the same way as without it.

It may add some delay when you're spamclicking and miss some of the clicks and trigger it though.
    Step one: use a mouse assist tool
    Step 2: set wheel scroll speed to maximum and resistance to minimum
    Stap 3: assign left click, delayed left click and 5x left click with random intervals to mouse scroll
    sap fuor: place fan in front of mouse when playing
    stpfv. halp hvng strokaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is absolutely a bug with clicking, I'm not sure it will ever be fixed.

When you click, if you move a single pixel while you click, the game counts it as a click+drag event (as near as I can tell) rather than a click event. Click+drag doesn't count for shooting or slashing so you don't shoot or slash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    There is absolutely a bug with clicking, I'm not sure it will ever be fixed.

When you click, if you move a single pixel while you click, the game counts it as a click+drag event (as near as I can tell) rather than a click event. Click+drag doesn't count for shooting or slashing so you don't shoot or slash.
    so is it better to stand still like in csgo and shoot more methodically?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    so is it better to stand still like in csgo and shoot more methodically?
    Well you will be more accurate as in you will have less in game shot spread than when moving and less chance of getting FFd. But as a marine you will shoot regardless.

As a xeno how ever, when you se a xeno circling you and standing directly next to you for 3 second and won't attack you...yeah that's a bug. You should be shredded, but their clicks won't register.

Except the meta autoclicker abusers. There are some xenos that always shave them on as they seem to click on you within 0.0001 millisec of standing anywhere near you. Obviously I can't prove it, but I tried it myself with some random program grabbed from google. Basically I click once, than the program will click about 300 times in the 4 seconds with random intervals so I won't get flagged. You just hover your mouse over the marine and it will 100% click.

Again, can't prove anything. But when CERTAIN xenos ALWAYS hit you without a fail, while every other xeno make mistakes...in my mind they are 100% using it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    literally better than normal slashing now btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure, I just get "You swipe at the floor" a lot