Henry 'Leo' Barnes
    Their BYOND Key
    Omicega
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    About 17:00, yesterday.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. or 3.
    Description of the incident
    I had a minor argument the other day with Omicega over him being given a meme medal. The reason I mention this is because the day after that, I was bwoinked over nothing essentially and I can�t help but feel they�re holding a grudge against me. I�m 100% sure that the logs showed nothing and yet he still persisted in talking to me like I was the one who had done something wrong, it just ruined my round.

I was standing in the north REQ line and since it wasn�t opening, I headed to south line, where I spotted a BC just laying on the ground. I thought someone had left the there and decided to take it, when I reached my own prep I was then disarmed by a marine, but I just moved on. The same marine then showed up with the CO claiming the BC was there and I had stolen it. I was pretty argumentative IC and it ended with the leaving and on his way out he ordered me to give the BC back. A few seconds pass, two MPs show up and they start arresting the marine for this incident, so I figured I might as well keep the BC.

According to the staff player in question, what they were accusing me of doing was round-start shitlery.
    Evidence

I missed the last two PMs, but that is where he explains that what I was doing was �round-start shittlery�
    How you would punish the accused
    A trial admin should now the difference between an IC issue and round start shitlery. I would like my note I recieved for this removed, the rest is up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let someone uninvolved post the logs. The one thing I will say, though, is that I didn't note you for roundstart shitlery, and if you got that impression then there's been a misunderstanding. I noted you for your evasive response to what I saw as a pretty open-and-shut question. BCs do not appear out of thin and and if the CO himself and a marine barge into your squad prep over one I think it's fairly clear who originally owned it.

If I remember correctly what I said in the last PMs is that I would have considered it as roundstart shitlery if you'd stolen the BC right from under the guy's feet like he claims. I don't think it's far fetched to lump blatant attachment theft under that umbrella, particularly when it doesn't seem to be between two friends joking around. Like I said, though, that's not what I noted you for at all.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not that it counts for much but from reading the logs Omi did nothing wrong whatsoever in their investigation and if anything went through extra steps to ensure as much information was found as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the note that was applied following the incident :
    Evasive in ahelps when needed to chip in on an investigation. Very reluctant to be forthcoming with information.

Taking this new information into account, as well as Omicega's reponse, could you please clarify what exactly you are reporting? The way I understand it, your report is based on the assumption that you were accused of round start shitlery.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharinoma View Post
    This is the note that was applied following the incident :
    Evasive in ahelps when needed to chip in on an investigation. Very reluctant to be forthcoming with information.

Taking this new information into account, as well as Omicega's reponse, could you please clarify what exactly you are reporting? The way I understand it, your report is based on the assumption that you were accused of round start shitlery.
    My report is based on the fact that I was bwoinked and spent 20 minutes of the round talking about something that was clearly an IC issue. I understand being thorough and that logs don't show everything, but I fail to see how this could take 20 minutes in any case and clear me up based on "video-evidence". It felt like I was being consistently talked to in the hopes I would slip up or something and catch a non-warranted punishment.

That's what the main report is about here. I wasn't sure what rules this would fall under.

The note seems to be based on that I wrote "Maybe it was his BC?", which was a snarky reply, I agree. I shouldn't have said that, but being confused about the situation doesn't mean I'm "Very reluctant to be forthcoming with information" nor "Evasive".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occasionally as a CM player you may be bwoinked when we need more information on a situation that's playing out. We are not omniscient. I don't appreciate having my time wasted any more than you do and you could have made both our lives easier by not being snippy with me in the first place. If you feel like I was fishing for you to admit something you shouldn't have, that's on you, but at the end of the day you're the one who had the power to nip the line of questioning in the bud two minutes into our exchange.

A note is a note, not a punishment, but I stand by what I said and what I wrote -- I think you skimmed around the issue at hand when I'm convinced you knew full well what I was getting at from the very beginning. I don't think finding a BC on the ground near requisitions is a confusing thing at all -- frankly, I think it's obvious where it might have come from and that at some point it belonged to someone else.

I'll leave it up to the appropriate management staff to decide on a final verdict, because at this point I've said everything I have to say that's directly related to the issue at hand. I have more that I would like to add but not a lot of it is strictly relevant and I wound up backspacing it all out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Captain and also the guy who gave out the BC in question.

Here is what happened from my PoV:

• Ricardo Williams asks for a BC, so I give it to him
    • Ricardo Williams throws his BC 2 tiles away from the turnstile at req.
    • Henry Barnes walks up, swipes the BC and then books it.
    • Ricardo Williams gets very agitated
    • Later in the round, Ricardo Williams approaches me and demands I get his BC back
    • We both go to Henry Barnes prep.
    • I order Henry Barnes to return the BC
    • Henry Barnes does not comply.
    • At this point I realize the only way this is ever going to be settled is if I either kill Henry Barnes, Ricardo Williams puts Henry Barnes in hard crit or if an MP comes.
    • I don't really have the patience to babysit this retarded situation so I tell MPs to come to the prep and I walk away

That's all I can really add.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing any protocols being broken here. I can't believe this needs to be explained but YOU the player do not get to decide if something is an IC issue. The staff member handling the issue determines if it's IC. You decided to be snarky and difficult. Staff members are not here to deal with your dismissive attitude just because you think you know better. If you don't want to get noted, next time you get contacted leave the attitude at home and be forthcoming and honest instead of making things more difficult for staff.

Resolved.