0 Thread(s)
    Since we are removing all the delays how about delay after pouncing next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Since we are removing all the delays how about delay after pouncing next
    50% chance that removing the delay would make Lurkers a lot stronger because PB buckshot would be a lot harder to pull off.
    That said, I wouldn't mind testing it for a while because I find all delays horrible with the exception of the SADAR delays.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm unsure what's the biggest issue vs marine... attack delay on pounce or no movement period

I'm all for removing or significantly reducing no-movement period, while keeping attack delay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest issue is definitely the "no movement period" part because with marine's damage being this nuts, you HAVE to move and try to kite so that you can maybe escape. Like thank fuck you removed the 4 tile cuckshot meme, because that was straight up bullshit to deal with if the marines you're facing aren't a part of the retarded 75% mass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the no-movement part.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I'm unsure what's the biggest issue vs marine... attack delay on pounce or no movement period

I'm all for removing or significantly reducing no-movement period, while keeping attack delay
    I would honestly say JUST the movement delay would be 100% awesome, cause half the time I cant even click the dude to hit him cause my sprite takes up 95% of his. So I would still beable to hit him a little faster with just the movement delay if I could step off the top of him after pouncing.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm just thinking on how marine armor balancing and this may affect each other

maybe the heavier armor the bigger is the delay before you can do both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite thing to do when scouting as a marine right now is walk behind someone with a masterkey on my M41A, wait for them to get pounced by a lurker and then leisurely PB said lurker with buck.

I'm unsure if no-movement delay is supposed to be a balance feature or not, maybe it was intended to stop lurkers pouncing doing a single hit and then running off but attack delay does exactly the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wield delays and other things meant to reduce marine fighting power should be discarded from implementation. Do it right: add things like stamina and weight capacity for both Xenos and Humans. Sure, it takes way more effort and creates other subsequent changes, but at least doesn't break the game if made right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if a lurker can pounce you and then immediately start moving, you will be stunned for roughly four to five seconds with absolutely zero way to fight back; he can drag you off screen by the time you finally get up again, and then you just get pounced again due to the short cooldown pounce has

wield delay was a relatively unnecessary change that simply made it difficult for marines to fight back against xenos, whereas the period of no movement in a lurker pounce is a VERY important part of ensuring lurker pounce is somewhat balanced by preventing xenos from cheesing somebody with a pounce and then dragging them off before anybody has a chance to fire
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator