User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think Forest's "Balance change" was fair?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ye

3 33.33%
  • na

6 66.67%

Thread: Do you think forest's actions were alright?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think forest's actions were alright?

Despite numerous players saying his actions weren't correct, biased etc etc, the report was denied on the basis of "Admins have the authority to intervene for the purposes of round balance round flow, and this is within his purview"

so, heres a poll: Who thinks his actions were alright? If your not familiar with what happened, he made a massive tunnel to give xenos a flank to an entirely undefended part of FOB when marines walled the nuke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to not vote on this until I hear his side but intel and the mini intels did work that round. There were constantly corpses being sent back to the ship and since the push was so fast we grabbed all the intel and shuffled it back. Honestly it depends on the reasons for him doing it. If he just hated defcon the yea, thats not ok, but marines were going to win that round one way or another. I enjoyed the fight what he did caused and its not like marine minor/xeno minor mean anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a planetside OT, I personally made this Nuke Pocket to reassure marines victory, so I been pretty offended, when other players revealed to me, that whole section of map been deleted in favour for xenos. At first I just thought, that xenos managed to destroy just through rear side of colony wall, but things turns out differently.
    Also, as marine main, I can confirm, that this spot is well known around other marines, as well as xenos, so it's not justifiable for admins to just make short cut for xenos around all layers of defence, that marines accamulated during whole round, considering the fact, that xenos have all means to break through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're supposed to defend the nuke, not hide it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Betcher View Post
    Im going to not vote on this until I hear his side but intel and the mini intels did work that round. There were constantly corpses being sent back to the ship and since the push was so fast we grabbed all the intel and shuffled it back. Honestly it depends on the reasons for him doing it. If he just hated defcon the yea, thats not ok, but marines were going to win that round one way or another. I enjoyed the fight what he did caused and its not like marine minor/xeno minor mean anything.
    Based on what was said during the round, it was done because marines put the nuke in a corner and then built walls to protect it.
    He could have very easily removed the walls if he felt it was unfair that the xenos couldn't immediately spot the nuke, but literally making a giant tunnel that bypassed the marine defenses and went directly to the nuke was not really cool in my eyes. Had a couple people who were standing there not been paying attention, the xenos would have flooded into the LZ, and they almost did anyway.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unwritten rules suck and this should have been better communicated to marines before hand(for example survivor + monkeys rule, JTACing through the fog rule, etc etc)

or hell just teleport the nuke out of the walls or delete the constructed walls in the wall pocket

while the admin had good intentions this is pretty heavy handed
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    admins reserve the right to balance the game. he made it fair for the xenos, not just a win for marines because they hid the nuke
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually also disagree with a lot of things that happen in Staff from time to time, but I genuinely don't see any wrongdoing here.

Xenos have absolutely no way of knowing of where the nuke is located in the game. You could be hiding it somewhere far away behind 5 layers of reinforced wall and you'd never find it if no one told you.

I think this was one of the few edgecases where the application of Rule 0 came in quite handy, making it fair for everyone. (plus that cadeline outside the nuke was already beefy enough)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    admins reserve the right to balance the game. he made it fair for the xenos, not just a win for marines because they hid the nuke
    Doing something that very nearly almost handed the xenos a win on a silver platter is NOT making it fair for the xenos, unless your idea of fair for xenos is APOP's vision of it.

If not for a couple people paying really close attention to what was happening with the nuke, the round would have turned into another xeno steamroll. Forest just lucked out that it didn't.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread title should be “I’m not happy my report is denied so let me rile up the community.”

Admins have the power to do what they do and it’s not changing
    Get over it
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids