December 28, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Warrior (GA-355-P)
    Their BYOND Key
    trustscience44
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    05:46 CET
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Abuse of power, and wrongly enforced rules.
    Description of the incident
    I was a boxer warrior trying to kill a synth in engineering, after he outskills me and kills me, i get reported by some random dude that I apparently suicided. trustscience44 then tells me I get reported and asks very up front "Why did you suicide against the synth"

And then conversation goes on like this:

Me: What do you mean suicide? Am I not allowed to get stomped by someone better than me now?

Trust: It looks like you went to attack a synth

Me: Am I not allowed? Queen didn't say anything about it.

Trust: Are you suggesting that you don't nkow how to play xeno? And that the queen should tell you to not suicide into a synth? (I take it as an insult if the only reason you get stomped, is not knowing how to play the game)

Me: Wait hold up. Are you saying I'm not allowed to attack the synth, and that doing so is classified as suicide if i die? The hell are you trying to say here?

Trust: I am asking you a question.

Me: I did not intentionally try to suicide against the synth, if thats what you're asking.

Trust: It was reported that you suicided into a synth. And from the logs. it looks like you did this then were rude in dchat. Also it looks like the queen healed you but you continued to fight. (Apparently, i can't be rude in an empty dead chat, even though i see more rudeness from marines and xeno alike when alive or dead)

Me: I mean, i was trapped in there, what else am I supposed to do after she heals me? Teleport out?

Trust: DEAD: Warrior (GA-707-P) says, "nobody likes to attack survs anymore"

Me: I thought more people would try to attack him, when i saw there was nobody else, i was already trapped. So then i threw a complain into the void.

Trust: That doesn't make sense. You were not trying to capture any survivors.

You just said you knew it was a synth and attacked it. (Notice how i never used the word "cap" or any variations of it)

Me: Ofcourse i knew it was a synth, and its also a survivor that can't really be capped. I just wanted to kill it, as it was powering up the colony, switching the lights on. activly going against the hive at that point. Or is that not an RP reason enough?

Me: But sure, if you think it was a suicide when i was activly fighting back, go for it. Remmeber to report me next time someone stomps me in a fight.

Trust: K, noting this down as a warning; remember to listen to the queen (The queen had told us one thing in the hivemind, and it was "E")

Me: What exactly did the queen say about the synth? From my chat logs, she was silent about it.

Me: Well shit, looks like i died. Are you gonna report that and warn me not to suicide now?

And then I was banned aprox 1-2 minutes after that last message. If you doubt anything in this convo, you can look it up in the logs. I just put it like this so its easier to read. Its litterary copy pasted.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Unban me and tell him to do a better job.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, this is the Synthetic.

I don't believe the Boxer Warrior's intent was to suicide, as I had provoked him earlier through an open defiance of his expectations; I had shocked and configured the door to crush in front of him, which was not only a danger to him, but made me valid as a danger. Regardless, in a melee fight in CQC, I expected to lose to the Boxer who could out damage me and tank my fireaxe hits while under support by the Queen. However, I didn't realize I was winning until he fell into crit twice by Queen heals.

A similar metaphor would be like a marine recklessly attacking a Predator then losing in the ensuing melee. He made a stupid decision, sure, but it definitely wasn't intent to suicide.
    Last edited by optimisticdude; 12-28-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello talking as a witness here since i was the first person who met the synth planetside.
    The north side of engineering has been blocked by two generators if i recall correctly, South east and west doors were shocked. I got shocked by the doors when i tried going inside.
    There was no escape for the warrior when he fought that synth. Its just do or die at that point.

Also fixing power for the colony will recharge APCs so that computers are online, floodlights will be fixed and raise defcon by at least 20-30% which can push marines into defcon 4 really early
    So the reasoning that the synth was an active threat was valid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like honestly, I can't find fault in the RP reason of attacking the synth. He was quite litterary helping the marines in their objectives, and I thought i could kill him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheLove View Post

Me: Well shit, looks like i died. Are you gonna report that and warn me not to suicide now?
    Why did you wait 10 minutes to send this? I am not your best friend. I am not your mom.

There was no reason to send that and because you were rude, and just warned, which you seemed like you did not care about at all, you were banned for 3 hours.

Further, the players here providing evidence for you is actually against you.

This evidence that was posted, suggests you knew what you were getting into and still continued despite the hive starting with 6 xenos and having no queen until 12:10.

Further, you stated; "Of course i knew it was a synth, and its also a survivor that can't really be capped. I just wanted to kill it, as it was powering up the colony, switching the lights on. activly going against the hive at that point. Or is that not an RP reason enough?"

Further as a Xeno witness;

Sakuyoi says that the engineer room was blocked from the north with generators and all the doors were shocked.

You said you got in through the South.

Explain how you saw the one xeno get shocked but decided to go through two sets of shocked doors with a synth waiting on the opposite side with a fireaxe to fight you.

You went through two sets of shocked and bolted doors, correct, thats the South, not just one?

My question for the Synth as a witness, Why did you watch the Xeno get stunned by a shocked door and not kill it?

A shocked or doorshut xeno is a 100% dead xeno. They had enough time to recover and fight.

If Sakuyoi got shocked multiple times entering, Then how were you not shocked multiple times as a warrior, clearly you stated you knew they were shocked at that point after seeing Sakuyoi get shocked.

If I was a synth I would have attacked the xeno just as all survivor synths do, since xenos are not your friend.

Seems like one xeno knew not to go in there and stated it as a danger, yet you accidently battle royal'd your friend to the death, Not buying that.

You are stating that as a warrior you went through two sets of shocked doors to a synth that was just standing still waiting to fight you, not buying that either.
    Last edited by trustscience44; 12-28-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can answer every easily about the shocked doors. As a boxer(You could see me jabbing and punching in the combat logs i posted, indicating that i was a boxer), you don't actually get stunned from being shocked. And no, I did not see another xeno get shocked.

Another thing is that one of the "layers" of shocked doors had a window i jumped though beside it, and the synth opened the other shocked doors. I thought it would be a good 1v1, but I fucked up with my macros and payed for it. I was about 1 hit away from regening health from KO punch and stuff.

Anyway, are actual people who review these gonna look at this? Or am I just gonna debate trustscience44?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I didn't just "wait" 10 minutes to send this. I looked around to how to post this, and spent some actual time making the report, if thats what you're talking about.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will deal with this report once logs are posted.

For now just wait.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >A shocked or doorshut xeno is a 100% dead xeno. They had enough time to recover and fight.

They got mild shocked, that's basically just a scratch; no good to take initiative there even when I had positional advantage with him walking into a room where his escapes were window ledges.

I played extremely defensively as it's part of my grander strategy on LV. Simple as.

>If Sakuyoi got shocked multiple times entering, Then how were you not shocked multiple times as a warrior, clearly you stated you knew they were shocked at that point after seeing Sakuyoi get shocked.

If I was a synth I would have attacked the xeno just as all survivor synths do, since xenos are not your friend.

The warrior was already long dead before the marines dropped, this shit was pre-drop. Also once again, bigger strategy, plus by going through the self-opened door, he'd essentially trap himself in two layers of inescapable defense where I had full advantage. I played the long game and he took it poorly.

Also "attack first", that's illegal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Queen makes a report stating to return to the Hive:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Boris encounters the Synth and actively engages in Engineering:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Only log asking about the Warrior's death:
    Spoiler Spoiler: