User Tag List

Thread: Wobb - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wobb - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Wobb
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Unsure
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xeno
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Mixed/Multiple
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    N/A
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    N/A
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    Perceived intent to re-offend.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I played a round despite being overly tired and a bit out of my right mind and after being stunlocked and captured by a lone runner and being immediately spawned as a larva after accidentally ghosting after being nested acted in freeing a single capture in the hive where I otherwise in the past have just blustered from similar and/or identical experiences and moved on with the course of normal game flow.

I was issued a warning. I attempted to relate my frustration with how runners can simply stunlock with certainty where marines have no capacity to fight back against it. Due to my phrasing and my periodic silence this was perceived as the intent to re-offend. It went from a warning to being ghosted from the character I was playing to being xeno role-banned to being fully banned from the server all in the course of around 15-20 minutes.

I am mostly making this appeal to clear the ban. I'm not sure if I'll return to the server after this experience, and if I do I'm not sure in what capacity I will do so. Due to it being a role-ban, the exact details were never disclosed in an easily available fashion, and thus I apologize for the absence of certain information in this appeal.

In a functioning cognitive state, it is not my intent to lessen or diminish the experience of other players, and I admit that I acted foolishly. I generally play roles such as Doctor with the direct intent to enhance the experience of players by offering competency in the role, and if I were to return such would remain my intent. I apologize for inconveniencing both other players and the administrators who had to deal with this issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, I was assigned your ban so I'll be going over some stuff with you.

This is the ban in question which is two days old:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Your full notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The banning staff member was Admin Somenerd.

Playtime Dec: wobb -> 408.11 Hours OR 17.00 Days
    Playtime Nov: wobb -> 0.00 Hours OR 0.00 Days
    Playtime Oct: wobb -> 0.00 Hours OR 0.00 Days

So what I've gather is that you had stated intent to grief the xenos in chat (admins PMs, LOOC, whatnot). You then did so as a runner. You were given a cooling off period by another staff member.
    While I understand your frustation at feeling the xenos aren't balanced (as I do more than often), it is important to know that this is just a game and there are better ways to vent frustration rather than trying to ruin the game for others.

You admitted it was foolish which is fine; you see the problem though I am mostly concerned with your state of being. Playing games is good for relaxation and fun, although it is also good to take a step back and realize it is just a game sometimes. Mental health is more important than stressing over an online game. Anyways, before I lift the ban I have a few questions for you.

How will you plan to deal with stuff like this in the future?
    When did you start playing CM?
    Do you recognize a CKey named Deepwoods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cherry.

For the sake of transparency and moving forward, I will admit openly that Deepwoods was a CKey I used in the past. I stopped playing SS13 for a period of several months because I realized I had an issue that needed to be resolved and tried to grow as a person in the absence. I made this account with the hope of a fresh start, but very recently have learned that this was futile barring technical obstruction due to how BYOND logs player data. In reviewing the server rules I realize that this is a technical violation, but as I don't recall there being a standing ban on that CKey relating to this server save for one relating to Discord over me being an overly dramatic jerk, I'd like to request leniency in this regard and will comply with said rule if requested. The intent was not evasion, but rather the reality that my past with this game honestly brings me a deep amount of shame due to my inability at the time to handle things appropriately and my propensity for misplaced grandiosity and drama. I assure you that the CKey was not the only thing set aside by those feelings. I am not proud of my history, nor do I casually hand-wave it.

I will make no excuses intended to deflect the reality that the events that led us to this thread are entirely on me. While I was tired due to a messed up sleep schedule, I am no less culpable for my actions than if I were drunk. I knew going into that round that it was a bad idea, and lo and behold that intuition proved right. I should've just not, but because I did and I put myself in that situation I slipped. Where I would've and have a hundred times laughed it off or grit my teeth or walked away or maybe just salted a bit, I took the course of a misplaced act of apathetic rebellion against the game balance born of frustration and a weakened capacity for judgement, and in doing so I griefed. If I wanted to make a statement regarding my feelings regarding game balance and the nature of the fairness of certain mechanics, there is a place to do that appropriately. That wasn't it. Nor was the ahelp that followed.

Regarding your concerns, I do appreciate them, and you are 100% correct. It is just a game. There should be no true or genuine ill will between players or between rounds. Nothing should be taken personally unless it's directed with an undeniable intent to be person. We all play to enjoy the flow of the game and maybe to roleplay a little bit. Maybe to pull a hail mary from time to time. Maybe to a salt in dchat a little bit when we inevitably get got now and then. And that's part of why I stepped away and didn't just bounce back after the day ban, as mentioned in the appeal. What happened made me realize I needed to take a step back for a little break and just let that sink back in. Because it does help. As intense as some rounds may get, things shouldn't get tense, and definitely not tense enough where things like that happen. Diminished states or not.

In closing I'd like to thank you for your time and apologize for you having to deal with this situation. And I'd also like to offer apologies to those administrators who had to deal with me at the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, I was the Moderator issuing you a day ban for the incident that is connected to you receiving your job ban.

I'd like to chime in on something here that I think is fairly important to this case as I believe it'll matter a lot in your appeal.

You and I had a very long and exhaustive conversation about your behavior in Ahelp PMs which let me to believe that you're having a lot more than just a problem with how our game and RNG systems run. You seemed irrational in some of your wordings and I had the impression that you're going through a very rough time, as you didn't want to let up on the idea that you had a talking to and you seem really distressed about your way with the server and the internet. I'd like to point a few key points out from the conversation I had with you:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is something that left me puzzled. You're basically admitting that you're feeling the urge to grief the Xeno players because you're essentially getting screwed by RNG, every time it happens. You also admit to reacting the way you do because you were immediately spawned as a Larva, which is an option every player gets to disabled mind you. Then you say you had no period to cool down, even though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You were told this, and of course, this:

Spoiler Spoiler:

on multiple occassions.

Then of course, not to mention you speaking about wanting to "go dark" for some time and then re-appearing under a new ckey, basically admitting to the potential of you multikeying in the future:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

With this in mind, you kept saying you had no intentions of griefing, yet when confronted about you talking about how you're going to grief the other side, this turned out from it:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Then follows a lot of complaining about how the game works, and you saying:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

which basically leads us back to the moot point of you agreeing to having the intent of griefing others out of spite.

And to come to a conclusion as to why you were banned for a day with approval from the Admin Manager, it's because of statements such as:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The way you talk and behaved really gave me the impression that you were either under some type of influence, emotionally unstable or generally upset to a degree where we couldn't safely verify that if let go, you won't be causing any trouble. You repeatedly neglected us wanting for you to just leave and take some time off, and following the next round (the one where you and I talked) joined as a Marine and started killing yourself naked in the middle of medbay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobb View Post
    Hi Cherry.

For the sake of transparency and moving forward, I will admit openly that Deepwoods was a CKey I used in the past. I stopped playing SS13 for a period of several months because I realized I had an issue that needed to be resolved and tried to grow as a person in the absence. I made this account with the hope of a fresh start, but very recently have learned that this was futile barring technical obstruction due to how BYOND logs player data. In reviewing the server rules I realize that this is a technical violation, but as I don't recall there being a standing ban on that CKey relating to this server save for one relating to Discord over me being an overly dramatic jerk, I'd like to request leniency in this regard and will comply with said rule if requested. The intent was not evasion, but rather the reality that my past with this game honestly brings me a deep amount of shame due to my inability at the time to handle things appropriately and my propensity for misplaced grandiosity and drama. I assure you that the CKey was not the only thing set aside by those feelings. I am not proud of my history, nor do I casually hand-wave it.

I will make no excuses intended to deflect the reality that the events that led us to this thread are entirely on me. While I was tired due to a messed up sleep schedule, I am no less culpable for my actions than if I were drunk. I knew going into that round that it was a bad idea, and lo and behold that intuition proved right. I should've just not, but because I did and I put myself in that situation I slipped. Where I would've and have a hundred times laughed it off or grit my teeth or walked away or maybe just salted a bit, I took the course of a misplaced act of apathetic rebellion against the game balance born of frustration and a weakened capacity for judgement, and in doing so I griefed. If I wanted to make a statement regarding my feelings regarding game balance and the nature of the fairness of certain mechanics, there is a place to do that appropriately. That wasn't it. Nor was the ahelp that followed.

Regarding your concerns, I do appreciate them, and you are 100% correct. It is just a game. There should be no true or genuine ill will between players or between rounds. Nothing should be taken personally unless it's directed with an undeniable intent to be person. We all play to enjoy the flow of the game and maybe to roleplay a little bit. Maybe to pull a hail mary from time to time. Maybe to a salt in dchat a little bit when we inevitably get got now and then. And that's part of why I stepped away and didn't just bounce back after the day ban, as mentioned in the appeal. What happened made me realize I needed to take a step back for a little break and just let that sink back in. Because it does help. As intense as some rounds may get, things shouldn't get tense, and definitely not tense enough where things like that happen. Diminished states or not.

In closing I'd like to thank you for your time and apologize for you having to deal with this situation. And I'd also like to offer apologies to those administrators who had to deal with me at the time.
    I appreciate your text that you've posted here while I was typing this up, and I assure you neither me or SomeNerd hold any ill will towards you. You were clearly just in bad spot during a bad time and intoxicated by a lack of sleep mixed with frustration from the game. I personally support you being unbanned from Xeno since you've opened up a lot in this and I trust that you'll know better next time, especially in regards to handling your temper and knowing when it's best to just let it rest and take a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Pfanner. I'm sorry about what happened with that. The way things escalated was my bad and I started panicking once that got underway. And I wasn't in the right sort of way to begin within, so it all just snowballed and I went a bit cuckoo. And I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Thank you for clicking me off for a bit. I needed that.

Regarding the thing about being spawned as a larva, normally I have the whole period of being captured where I'll get over that stuff. And the issue there was that I was in the middle of typing and the input ghosted me, and then the game immediately respawned me. So on top of already not being all there at the time I then had no period to readjust and get ready to play for the other side. In that moment the salt took hold and instead of joking about it I acted in a leap of stupidity. Normally I'm able to spin around and play the other side, even if it leads me to play a bit more aggressively than I otherwise would. I should not have been playing that round to begin with. Especially not on the ground, even if at all. It won't happen again. I'm not even going to joke about it anymore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobb View Post
    Regarding the thing about being spawned as a larva, normally I have the whole period of being captured where I'll get over that stuff. And the issue there was that I was in the middle of typing and the input ghosted me, and then the game immediately respawned me. So on top of already not being all there at the time I then had no period to readjust and get ready to play for the other side. In that moment the salt took hold and instead of joking about it I acted in a leap of stupidity. Normally I'm able to spin around and play the other side, even if it leads me to play a bit more aggressively than I otherwise would. I should not have been playing that round to begin with. Especially not on the ground, even if at all. It won't happen again. I'm not even going to joke about it anymore.
    And I'm sure you'll do just fine this time around. I understand you got frustrated with the fact of being thrown into the otherside when you had just gotten into the period of complaining about them, giving you no time to readjust and collect your thoughts. Regardless, as it stands, I personally support the ban being lifted and you being given another shot at this.

This and of course also provided that you won't be multikeying as you spoke about it, meaning no multiple accounts, just Wobb and that'll be it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking over this within the next few days and setting down a judgement after reading through all the replies and information.
    If I don't do so within three days from now, please ping me on the CM Discord @SimPleCitES.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to lie, when I came back after sleeping to read all the replies after my first post I had already made up my mind on what I was going to do. I was just too tired and lethargic to write out a response then, so apologies for the wait.

Anyways, onto the job ban appeal.

You admitted what you did was wrong.
    You didn't do it with malicious intent.
    You apologized as well.
    You understanded the problem and plan to improve.
    You are professional and serious about it.

These things are the grains and foundations of any appeal really.

Before I continue, I will make a few points:

You shouldn't be using Deepwooks anymore, as you are always aware it is against our rules to do so. You are not in trouble for this.

Although we don't usually ever issue bans in the form of breaks, this was a rare case where that was done. In the case where you need some time off again, it would just be best to ahelp you need to go or cryo yourself.

It is fine to make jokes, as long as they don't break any rules directly (18+ etc etc), if it is clear you are making a joke.

Both staff members that talked to you, Pfanner and Somenerd, agreed that they were fine with your ban being lifted.

With all this being said,
    your appeal is accepted and your Xeno and Queen Job Ban has been/will be lifted.

Your appeal was probably one of the best ones I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Lastly,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Admin SimPleCitES