User Tag List

Thread: What is your weird unique must-have loadout?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your weird unique must-have loadout?

For me as an engi, is not taking armor. Since I have no armor, I have no lights. I can either take a flare/flashligh in a pocket, but than I lose the storage space for 1 item, so instead I take a firefighter helmet/hardhat that has a light on.

Now since I would die in 2 hits with no armor or helmet, I have to take an MD on the belt, that means all the tools goes into the webbing. Alternative is to take a tool-pouch and shoulder/holster with M44 heavies to stun runners (since no armor, no weapon slot to take a shotty).

But I find it's just too easy to avoid fight. You might say I'm too vulnerable which is true, but aside from a runner, I can outrun everything and the MD will alert me if there is one. Also as an engi I'm never alone, so running behind marines are just too easy. Takes a little practice to get used to positioning, but most of the time I survive deployment with zero scratches as it's virtually impossible for a xeno to catch me.

Now as for fixing cades..I don't do that during siege. F that. Even in heavy armor it's a pain in the *ss to fix with all the spitters, boilers, praes (which devs should address in my opinion anyway. Fixing anything as an engi is not fun, not rewarding, just annoying and there is a good change you will die). If there is a safe way to do it, I will. But in that situation armor will make no difference, even if I fix it, I have to go back to heal my injuries and they just damage the cades again wile I'm away. I rather make a foam nade, throw and fix when it's up.

TLDR: Engi - no armor, no helmet, hardhat for light+MD. Speed>armor.

What's your weird/unconventional/based load out?
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-30-2020 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Based

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smartgunner with as many grenades I can get and a laser and encryption key for jtac. You have to convince the other SG to so this as well but you become a indestructible force, as long as you get some marines to defend you when the queen screeches you will be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since I played, but I had fun with a stock-less l42 with smartscope and no armour. Beautiful to pursue xenos across the world at their own pace.

I'm also in love with medkit pouches and medkits. You can fit some non-medial items in the medkit, as well as injetors which are on teh wall everywhere aboard the Almayer.

I'm positive you can't do this anymore due to update, but at one point you could have two flamethrowers. One on back, one on belly. Put a raillight on the belly flamer, when you get pouced stand up and retrieve the magharnessed one from your back.