Byond ID?
    Ridgyax

CM Character?
    Quint 'Bad Luck' Hawkings

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Several, I typically play CM13 at least once a day

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Currently a Mentor, don't know if that counts

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TGMC, Haven't played paradise in a while

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...2030#post42030 Denied CO App

//showthrea...6507#post26507 Denied Mod App, well over a year ago

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Mmmmmaybe? I know i've eaten a few small bans in the past (EORG), but can't recall if I've taken a full day's ban.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. Paradise, doing bad things (Turning off Grav Gen as clown)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yaaaas

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ask 'em why they did it, determine if IE rules have been properly followed.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Refer them to Pred Councilers

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Request an SEA, or help them out myself, as a mentor

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep calm and carry on. I do not have to escalate things. Possibly apply a short ban (3 hours?) and if they ask for it, suggest that they file a staff report if they feel that things have not been handled properly

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Talk to the player in question, ask that they change their name next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are currently not allowed to be openly hostile like this unless there is an Event occuring.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Check the MP's computer thing to see if the proper things were entered into it that would have their thing be an actual perma confine. If not, talk to the MP in question, and tell them they aren't allowed to do this, note them if it's their first time or so, apply a ban relative to the amount of offenses they've had that are similar to this situation, and possibly a role ban

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Talk to an admin, if one is online, about potentially progressing the round further, this being possibly giving marines a Nuke,

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp that someone is ODing marines and being a general jackass. If there aren't any other mods/admins online at the time, handle it myself. If I can check hours, it may just be a bald marine, so I'd do that, as well as checking notes. If they have a history of this, I'd both role-ban then, and apply a ban that's dependent on the amount of notes they have for this situation

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Too bad, as a hostile entity to marine's, they are allowed to shoot you.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Talk to said marine, tell 'em to cut it out, check notes, apply note, possibly ban if a history of similar notes.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is a failure to follow IE rules, note them, if this is a history, ban dependent on note history

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC if mods can, telling marines NOT to mutiny, tell an admin if I can't.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Marines can be racist up to a certain point. If they're running around shouting "NIGGER" and other such terms for no reason, that's one thing. But marines discussing the finer points of being an African man (and making fun of them) is fine.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    BAN! And a note.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Larva can hang around the front lines sorta, Like not right at the front, a bit back. If they die as larva, talk to 'em, note 'em, if they have a history of it, ban for an appropriate amount of time

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This is LRP. Tell 'em to knock it off, note 'em.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xenos can know it would be called a dropship, due to hivemind.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    It is current expectations that marines are aware bugs are on planet.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Ehhhhhhh. If there's some serious logs about that marine RPing that they're getting on a pod no matter what, I think I'd allow it. But wordlessly slaying a fellow marine to get on a pod is a no-no.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell 'em to knock it off, possibly note them if things continue, or even ban if they have a large history. If they feel that I've handled things inappropriately, they're more than welcome to file a staff report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Sorry lad, can't do nothin for you. There are currently no SSD protections for any player. I've had this occur myself in the past, it sucks, I know.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Let 'em know in a private message that they are wrong about such a thing, or have a conversation about what occured. I might not have all the information to make the right call.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would refer to the admins in this situation, and likely call 'em in. If I think that the staff member in question handled it inappropriately, I'd file a staff report.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Cuz AcuteCircle told us mentors to. Figure I'd give it a go, see if I like it or not.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience, and keepin a cool head.

Anything else you
    What?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ask 'em why they did it, determine if IE rules have been properly followed.
    This answer is a little too barebone for me. I'd like for you to elaborate more on your investigative process. What do you do to the person shot? What do you do with the perpetrator other than check "IE standards"? Do you involve the MPs? What is relevant? Please give me more input on that.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Refer them to Pred Councilers
    Yes, and also.. kind of. While you can directly refer someone to the Council, a player believing they were griefed by whitelist holder or think that they have broken a rule may also be asked to write a player report on them. You can of course still investigate by getting some information and logs out of it, though that's all you can really do unless they are mass griefing someone.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Request an SEA, or help them out myself, as a mentor
    We're going off the fact that you're no longer a Mentor in this question. How'd you request a SEA? Do you make an Mhelp or ask Mentors? Would you not do it yourself?

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep calm and carry on. I do not have to escalate things. Possibly apply a short ban (3 hours?) and if they ask for it, suggest that they file a staff report if they feel that things have not been handled properly
    A player usually doesn't ask, they will just carry on flicking their tongue at you. As a member of staff, you don't have to tolerate disrespect or someone getting personal with you. You may always refer someone to rule 0.2 and tell them to file a staff report or speak to a Mod Manager if they believe you've mistreated them or gave a faulty verdict, though you don't have to sit there and explain yourself (even though it can help de-escalate a situation).

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Talk to the player in question, ask that they change their name next round.
    What if they refuse? Do you just talk to them or do you leave it as it is? Again, I need more information here from you.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue.
    Is it really, though? What if the player suddenly begins shooting up a place? Can you tell if this is just an IC issue if the player has a record of doing this while disregarding his actual job as an MT and goes out of his way to cause trouble? Do you check the notes just to be sure? Your answer to this is right, it's usually an IC issue, though there comes a moment where people doing this over and over again, especially if they cause trouble afterwards, where it becomes something that needs to be looked at by staff.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are currently not allowed to be openly hostile like this unless there is an Event occuring.
    Correct answer, though do you do anything else? Once again, you don't give a lot of insight on your moderative approach.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Check the MP's computer thing to see if the proper things were entered into it that would have their thing be an actual perma confine. If not, talk to the MP in question, and tell them they aren't allowed to do this, note them if it's their first time or so, apply a ban relative to the amount of offenses they've had that are similar to this situation, and possibly a role ban
    I'm semi-content with this answer. While your approach of talking to the MP and applying a job ban is correct if they're found to have a history of conducting false arrests such as this, you can't really check the Security Record computer for information. You'd have to pick a different approach, though this is something that we'd teach you during a Trial anyway. Would you talk to the prisoner? Would you investigate the situation and see if the prisoner did something else other than just take the attachments, just to be sure?

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Talk to an admin, if one is online, about potentially progressing the round further, this being possibly giving marines a Nuke,
    I'm sorry, but this answer is so far off from how we do things, I really can't let this one slide. We never give Marines a nuke for free. As a Trial Moderator, you have very limited capabilities to actually take action in regards to push both sides into an offensive. You can use Queen Mother for Xenos and give them an IC ted talk to encourage or order them into battle, and you have the ability to subtle message Marine Command to get them off their asses as well.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp that someone is ODing marines and being a general jackass. If there aren't any other mods/admins online at the time, handle it myself. If I can check hours, it may just be a bald marine, so I'd do that, as well as checking notes. If they have a history of this, I'd both role-ban then, and apply a ban that's dependent on the amount of notes they have for this situation
    The first half of the question is good, though then you drift off into a common mistake that many applicants do when being confronted with one of those "I'm apart" scenarios. As a general rule of thumb, on CM, you never ever handle situations where yourself are involved in, even if you're the only Moderator on the server. The only exception where this may happen is if you're the only Moderator on the server and someone is currently blowing/shooting up a bunch of Marines and it requires immediate action for damage control. Otherwise, you'll have to either ask for help in Msay, or in the Staff Discord for assistance.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Too bad, as a hostile entity to marine's, they are allowed to shoot you.
    Correct. EORG rules only apply towards friendly vs friendly, though hostile factions may carry on as normal.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Talk to said marine, tell 'em to cut it out, check notes, apply note, possibly ban if a history of similar notes.
    Pretty concise and to the point. We have a rule in place for early roundstart shenanigans, to a certain scale. While minor scuffles and tomfoolery is acceptable, things that involve many other players like brawls or massive equipment theft are an issue that need to be looked into.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is a failure to follow IE rules, note them, if this is a history, ban dependent on note history
    Good answer, though didn't you forget something here?

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC if mods can, telling marines NOT to mutiny, tell an admin if I can't.
    I'm sorry, but this answer is pretty lackluster. As a piece of information, Trial Moderators do have access to MOOC and with that, the ability to directly speak to Marines. I fail to understand what you mean by "tell an Admin" in this case. Do you tell an Admin to handle it or what? Please also provide some more insight in how you'd investigate this and on what basis.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Marines can be racist up to a certain point. If they're running around shouting "NIGGER" and other such terms for no reason, that's one thing. But marines discussing the finer points of being an African man (and making fun of them) is fine.
    Racism is never allowed. If people start dropping N and F bombs, depending on the severity and their record, bans are dished out. Unintended words or synonyms for something like for example "nigga" refering to "dude, homie, buddy" are acceptable, while directly discriminating or hostile slurs offending race, sexuality or ethical alliance are not.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    BAN! And a note.
    For how long? Do you do anything else there?

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Larva can hang around the front lines sorta, Like not right at the front, a bit back. If they die as larva, talk to 'em, note 'em, if they have a history of it, ban for an appropriate amount of time
    A larva should generally never be at the front line, as larvas are a lot more easier to kill than your average grown Xeno. If they are found close to the frontline though, it's not immediately an OOC issue. It only becomes one if they are actively observed running into their death with a malicious intent of griefing the Xeno side, and that's where we investigate. If they have a repeat record of doing this, a ban or even Xeno ban should be considered.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This is LRP. Tell 'em to knock it off, note 'em.
    Good. Xenos may never insult their Queen or disobey her orders. LRP memery is also not allowed.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xenos can know it would be called a dropship, due to hivemind.
    Also good.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    It is current expectations that marines are aware bugs are on planet.
    Wrong. Marines are aware of the Xenos existance, not of their presence on the planet. This is clarified in Rule 2 "Roleplay Standards" as well.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Ehhhhhhh. If there's some serious logs about that marine RPing that they're getting on a pod no matter what, I think I'd allow it. But wordlessly slaying a fellow marine to get on a pod is a no-no.
    Pretty much hits the nail on the head. If roleplay is involved, we may let it slide on a case by case basis, if there was no prior interaction between the involved parties, it's plain and simple griefing.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell 'em to knock it off, possibly note them if things continue, or even ban if they have a large history. If they feel that I've handled things inappropriately, they're more than welcome to file a staff report.
    Also a good answer, though you should always refer the player towards Rule 0.2 of arguing against staff. If they make a drama about it in LOOC or Dchat, you could even temporarily apply a mute, and although this isn't very common for us to do, you can also opt to just give them a cooldown of 3 hours maximum with a note on top.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Sorry lad, can't do nothin for you. There are currently no SSD protections for any player. I've had this occur myself in the past, it sucks, I know.
    Pretty much. We don't give players resurrections or heals because they went AFK, SSD, internet died or what not. We can't safely verify the legitimacy of their statement, so we'll have to unfortunately decline.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Let 'em know in a private message that they are wrong about such a thing, or have a conversation about what occured. I might not have all the information to make the right call.
    Good. Civilized debate and fixing another staff members mistake is part of our cohesion. Unless the Mod gave info with malicious intent and being fully aware of it being wrong, not trying to fix it, you can always try to rectify someone. For everything else, you take it to the Mod Manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would refer to the admins in this situation, and likely call 'em in. If I think that the staff member in question handled it inappropriately, I'd file a staff report.
    We don't file staff reports on each other. Every wrongdoing that needs to be reported is directly forwarded to the Mod Manager for review. Again, discussing things in a civilized and respectful manner is never discouraged.

Alright, this will be all until here. Now, I'll say this. Some of your answers are good, some others are either outright wrong or just about right on the middleground of being satisfactory. I get the impression that you didn't really research most of these things by looking at other apps or what Moderators had to say on previously accepted applications, which leads me to believe that you weren't putting that much effort into this whole process. You're also lacking precise detailing on how you'd do investigations in regards to certain questions, which unfortunately, for the time being, leaves me with the impression that this app was written quite hastily and just done on the fly without much thought put into it.

I'll unfortunately have to remain Neutral on it with a tendency to a -1 for the time being, but would love to see what my fellow staff members have to say on this, with some of them giving you some out of the box examples to answer.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright then! As Pfanner already said, some of your answers are really quite short and not quite correct, though I think I can understand why. Your notes look fine. Your playtime in December, however, is a concern. You are aware that CM staff is required to have a certain minimum attendance each month? Namely, ~30+ hours over 10+ days each month (so 3 hours for each of those ten days). Though taking some days/weeks off during holiday season etc is obviously an option.

Next up, a few not so common scenarios. Please be a bit more in-depth about how you would handle them to the best of your knowledge of how staff works right now. But not to worry. You don't have to get everything exactly right, as you'll be provided with internal guidelines and a trainer if you get your trial.

1: Research has a great round, both creating a corrupted hive and finding a rare chemical which spawns the automatic PMC ERT with orders to retrieve said chemical. Things get heated between the PMC and some random Deltas hanging out in research and watching the corrupted xenos. Shots are fired, half the PMCs die, the deltas die, several MP die, the corrupted xenos get lose and start killing researchers and nurses in medbay, the XO orders all marines back from the surface to assist in getting the situation under control. Your are the only mod available. What do you do?

2: The CO was arrested, and sends a fax to High Command demanding an admiral and provost be dispatched because his MPs mutinied against him. You are the only mod available. What do you do? Keep in mind that Moderators can not spawn mobs.

3: While observing, you notice an agent (they have a special symbol) plant C4 across the Almeyer. The ship is on blue alert, the Mp are looking for them. What do you do?

Good luck with your answers!
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 01-03-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wholeheartedly agree with what pfanner said. you certainly need some more internal review on your replies, find out precedence from other applications and above all gain entry experience for which you may then also use in your moderatorship. Along with the whole matter if you haven't put effort in your application you certainly won't have much effort when it comes to the role itself. Your attitude also shows some sort of decisive impartiality that may be a problem for being a moderator.

Address these issues next time around, and i'll +1. But until then -1
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FortyPercent My motherboard was dead in my PC for almost the entirety of December, hence my lack of hours.

I didn't look at the rules to copy off of them, or other peoples posts to see what they did. It's not how I would react to these things at this given time, and would not be an accurate representation of how I would preform moderation duties, and I felt it would be unfair, and even dishonest to portray myself as someone who is extremely knowledgeable when I am not at this time.

I will be answering questions and things that have been asked of me to elaborate on in order, starting with Pfanners post.

MP Detaining- I'd check logs of the incident. Was there RP of the situation? (Hostage situation, MP makes a move when they've been told not to, else someone gets shot, granted, I've never seen or heard of anything like this occuring), were IE rules actually properly followed (Fisticuffs-->melee-->guns) or did they escalate immediately to weapons, was this in defense of someone else getting shot. If it's found to be that the player just immediately whipped out their weapon and started shooting, I'd have to determine if this was a griefing incident or not (Did they start shooting up briefing) or were they an agent who started shooting an MP. (I'd be a bit less harsh on the agent, as long as they did not have a history of occurrences like this.) If they don't have a prior history, they'd be informed of the IE rules and how they work, and inform that that they'd be receiving a note, as well as filling out that note on situational details. The MP would be allowed to continue to process the detained person, though I'd keep an eye on what they put in for the MP report, make sure it's appropriate for what actually occured.

New player Request SEA- I'd request one via Msay, which I believe has just been recently added, or by asking in the mentor-channel in discord. If I was currently observing the round, I would probably ask for an admin to make me an SEA, and once that player deploys, I would cryo, unless I saw another player that needed help.

Rude Player- Personally I would probably attempt to explain the thought process behind the actions I had taken to help them see where I got to the result that we ended up at. It can be better than just saying 'too bad deal with it' in some cases, especially in cases where it's a person without a note about that topic.

John Doe- If they refuse, I'd change their name for them (I've seen it occur before with a player named 'Unga Dunga'), and inform them that carrying on with the name John Doe would result in more serious punishment. If they have notes of having names that aren't permitted, I'd apply a ban based on the log of notes they have on that subject. If I see it again, they would receive a ban, again based on their log of notes on the subject.

MT with Gun- Fair enough. Obviously checking their log of notes to see if they're doing this frequently and in a malicious way would determine what to do from there.

Hostile Surv- I'd talk with 'em, tell 'em that they can't be a hostile survivor unless a admin was running an event specifically with hostile survivors, and slip a note in their Ckey. Now, they can refuse to go up with the dropship, but you can't really harm the marines beyond disarming them, I think.

Stagnating Round-I'm not quite sure what I'd say, really. I'd try to get both sides on the offensive at the very least with what I'd tell the aCO and the Queen. Also my answer cut off as well, I might have forgotten to type in after the comma, maybe give xenos a boiler to 'shoot down' the almayer. I do know that I can't spawn in anything, much less edit things to allow such a thing to occur, but I thought I'd just fill in my answer a bit more so as to seem less like I'd only try to influence things with marines and give only them a boost.

OD Medic-Noted, but in the case of the medic ODing everyone, wouldn't that be similar, at least partially, to someone shooting up the almayer? It would take much longer for it to have any real effect, due to drugs ticking over time, but it could still result in mass casualties.

Ahelp Marine on Marine IE- I was unaware that Ahealing the party that has been killed was a thing for this. Last time I was murdered in IE (I was XO mutinying CO with a group of marines, random Alpha came up to me and slugged my head off in two shots), I was not revived.

Improper Mutiny- I wasn't sure if I would have access to MOOC as a T-Mod, which is what I meant by telling an Admin that the improper mutiny was occuring so that they could MOOC to tell marines to knock it off. If T-Mods ARE able to MOOC, I would certainly tell them to knock if off if, if things continued to roll, I would sleep people if that is in my repertoire of things I can do, and deal with the offending individuals on a case by case basis.

Racism- I do apologize for my answer. I occasionally drop a 'nibba' here and there when a marine does something really stupid, but I haven't seen situations where the racism gets more involved. Noted, Racism ain't allowed, GTFO.

Marine Griefs Briefing-I don't know what the length of a ban should be for this, but assuming that they don't have a note history of this, at least a ban. I think we'd have to determine if this was a multi-Ckeyer as well, an potentially apply a more serious ban/go through steps to prevent this from happening again. Marines affected would be ahealed, with an MOOC being posted asking for marines affected by the attack to Ahelp to be healed, in case we miss anyone.

FortyPercents Questions

1:That's a toughie, and I'm having a hard time coming up with what I think would be a good answer. I'm not sure how I'd handle the XO ordering marines back to the station, because if there are a large number of corrupted xenos wreaking havoc on the ship, it's sensible to call marines back to the ship. Having everyone come back might be overboard though. I would have to check logs to see who shot first, and determine if IE rules were actually followed, or if someone just started shooting the other party. Frankly, due to what sounds like the large size of the situation, i'd ask in whatever chat mods and admins have for some assistance in handling all of the marines, MPs, and PMCs, especially due to my inexperience with serving as a mod.

2:I'd check logs first of all before making a response fax. While the MPs aren't allowed to mutiny, due to having IC loyalty to the MP, if the CO did something illegal, they can still be arrested for it. Granted, there's very little that a CO can do illegally at this moment in time, I think. I'm not very familiar with MP laws and rules, beyond loyalty to the CO. If the CO was arrested by MPs just screwing around, and mutiny cuz they just don't like him, or an order he gave ('Marines get on the normandy, we're going back down'), I'd MOOC for the MPs to release the CO immediately. If they fail to do that, I'd talk with the individuals in question and likely hand out some notes, and unlikely, a ban. This sort of thing doesn't happen often.

3:I'm entirely sure of what an Agents objectives might be. I do know that they have an objective to destroy an airlock or specific objects, so if they're planting C4 on those specific things, it's fine. If the Agent is planting C4 randomly on what they perceive high value targets, and not actually following their objectives, I'd start talking with them. It could be that they're new, or that they're griefing. They'd get a note after being warned regardless in this situation, and a ban if they're just griefing.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this! let's look at your answers.

1:That's a toughie, and I'm having a hard time coming up with what I think would be a good answer. I'm not sure how I'd handle the XO ordering marines back to the station, because if there are a large number of corrupted xenos wreaking havoc on the ship, it's sensible to call marines back to the ship. Having everyone come back might be overboard though. I would have to check logs to see who shot first, and determine if IE rules were actually followed, or if someone just started shooting the other party. Frankly, due to what sounds like the large size of the situation, i'd ask in whatever chat mods and admins have for some assistance in handling all of the marines, MPs, and PMCs, especially due to my inexperience with serving as a mod.
    It is a pretty tough question, yeah. But. You did quite well with your answer. Investigating how stuff went up in flames is your main task here. Starting out by ruling that the XO had the right to call the amrines abck is fine, too, you can just send him an order from HC later on to redeploy. You will also be able to call for support over on the staff discord, though they might not turn up right away, depending on time of day. All in all, happy with this answer.

2:I'd check logs first of all before making a response fax. While the MPs aren't allowed to mutiny, due to having IC loyalty to the MP, if the CO did something illegal, they can still be arrested for it. Granted, there's very little that a CO can do illegally at this moment in time, I think. I'm not very familiar with MP laws and rules, beyond loyalty to the CO. If the CO was arrested by MPs just screwing around, and mutiny cuz they just don't like him, or an order he gave ('Marines get on the normandy, we're going back down'), I'd MOOC for the MPs to release the CO immediately. If they fail to do that, I'd talk with the individuals in question and likely hand out some notes, and unlikely, a ban. This sort of thing doesn't happen often.
    The CO actually can't be allowed without HC saying so. One of the big differences between XO and CO. MP are required to be absolutely loyal to the CO (or the admiral, if there is one on the ship), unless they report his crimes to HC and HC tells them to arrest him. You could give them a retroactive go ahead if the CO fucked up bad, but even then you ought to make sure the MPs in question do not do it again. Other than that, your answer was good!

3:I'm entirely sure of what an Agents objectives might be. I do know that they have an objective to destroy an airlock or specific objects, so if they're planting C4 on those specific things, it's fine. If the Agent is planting C4 randomly on what they perceive high value targets, and not actually following their objectives, I'd start talking with them. It could be that they're new, or that they're griefing. They'd get a note after being warned regardless in this situation, and a ban if they're just griefing.
    Also a fine answer. Staff CAN check the objectives that traitors have, so it'd be quite easy to see if they do or do not work towards that. But you got the right idea beyond that.

All in all, I'd say you aren't entirely firm in your grasp on the server rules and ML, but firm enough to warrant a trial, and you seem to have the right mindset for the job. Though you absolutely should read up on those two rulesets again. There will be a test

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Reviewing everything I have a few questions

1. why should we let you in especially with the some instances I noticed you were acting unprofessional in some instances like the discord question by saying YAAS.
    1.5 why should we also let you in after seeing you put little to no effort on looking up some common marine laws. (even with understanding you will have some to basic training on this issue)

2. Is your Mother board currently fixed?

3. A LT X is doing his job and a person drags a dead cultist into CIC to show the CO and LT X starts stabbing the corpse in anger and when you look into the situation he talks back to you negatively and spouts out in real life facts what is your course of action especially after he threatens you with a staff report and no other staff are on.
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I haven't found myself playing a lot of CM lately. TGCM, sure, but not regular CM. It just hasn't been all that fun, comparably. I've played maybe 3 rounds this entire month, tops, and didn't play those 2 rounds consecutively. Maybe some other time i'll get back into the game, but not right now. Withdrawing application.