Sollessa - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Sollessa

Marine Name
    Sollessa Storm

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Riswynn

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    Created as part of the RI series and modeled after the scientist Wynn Livingston, Riswynn was assigned to the Almayer not long after she was first activated to assist the crew. When the crew is asleep in cryo during long voyages she maintains the integrity of the ships engines and other systems. Once the crew is awake she primarily assist the Engineering staff in maximizing the operational effectiveness of the Almayer's systems as well as the medical bay in treating the wounded or anywhere else the Command staff needs her at. During her first operation she was deployed down to the AO to assist in the construction and maintenance of the FOB. During the operation she also assisted the medics performing field triage and treating the wounded to minimize the loss of marines from battlefield injuries. Later in the operation she was tasked with securing confidential W-Y files and was able to find and return them to the Liason after the operation had ended. After the combat had subsided she assisted in the recovery of the dead and wounded and cleaned up the operational area of any valuable materials before the Almayer moved on.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    Risywnn is methodical and patient. She completes any task that she is given by Command to the best of her abilities. She tends to be quiet while she is focused on working and only speaks when directly engaged in conversation. She spends most of her time assisting the medical and engineering departments but can also perform any of the other functions that might be requested within her programming.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I am most familiar with Engineering, SO, Medical, and then science, in that order. I've played them all.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I believe I have the experience and knowledge needed for this role and also am able to stick to the roleplaying standards that are required.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No dialogue, name is incredibly bad, never heard of you before, and overall a very low effort application.
    Synthetic Senator

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read other applications and figure out what you did wrong here

hint:

low effort
    shit really ain't a story, just a small paragraph really.
    i ain't even know how your character act from the story
    weird ass fucking name from some elvish bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, honestly, every synth is patient, we can't act nervous or something and we always do what Command orders, unless it's something weird or unnecessary. Anyway, your story doesn't tell me anything about your synth, never saw you around. If you're going with a quirk that is more dialogue-related, you need to write something with actual dialogues, I mean, your synth isn't unique, he did what every synth do, which is the basic.

Also, your APP is below the average. I'm sorry, -1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the other apps? And why does never hearing of me before matter, I've played for months, it just feels like a weird point.

Edit: I found them, eh, just delete it if you want a short story, it's not worth my time.
    Last edited by Sollessa; 02-03-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollessa View Post
    Edit: I found them, eh, just delete it if you want a short story, it's not worth my time.

Need to make sure, you're withdrawing the APP, right? Also, good luck next time.
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 02-03-2019 at 03:07 AM.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 on here, chief.

I've never seen you on the Discord or ingame, these are your ONLY forum posts, and it doesn't seem like you've put any effort into this application or you had no idea what you were doing. I'd suggest you play doctor, maintenance tech, and corporate liaison to get a feel of the gameplay and roleplay elements, and join our Discord to ask about the game from experienced players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    I'd suggest you play doctor, maintenance tech, and corporate liaison to get a feel of the gameplay and roleplay elements, and join our Discord to ask about the game from experienced players.
    If you plan on applying again, I recommend doing what Soluble said. Playing support roles will get you noticed in-game and let other people know you are capable of doing them. Joining the discord is also useful cause you'll get more involved in the community and you'll also be able to ask for feedback on your next synth story.

-1 Good luck next time.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you around a bunch, but - as mentioned - your story isn't a story and your quirk isn't a quirk.

Not going to vote if you're withdrawing it but if you're thinking of reapplying, definitely use the whitelist-help channel in discord. A lot of us would be more than willing to help.
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm withdrawing the app. I've played CE, RO, SO, MT, and Doctor all at least once. I usually play squad lead or squad engineer. It's not like I've never played them.