User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thespy24574 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of grammatical errors, and your quirk in general is just a good way to get in trouble. You don't have any synths vouching for you either, which is enough for a -1 for me.

What troubles me the most is that you are hesitant and lack what appears to be some common sense. I ask you to write a dialogue of a scenario, that's in your hands now, it's up to you how to act. You would be a bad synth if you're constantly asking for clarification and hesitating on how to act. A synthetic doesn't hesitate or wander aimlessly because they deal in absolutes, which through your app and responses, show me that you aren't someone I'd want on the whitelist.

Get a more recognizable name and read the accepted apps. -1.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    There are a lot of grammatical errors, and your quirk in general is just a good way to get in trouble. You don't have any synths vouching for you either, which is enough for a -1 for me.

What troubles me the most is that you are hesitant and lack what appears to be some common sense. I ask you to write a dialogue of a scenario, that's in your hands now, it's up to you how to act. You would be a bad synth if you're constantly asking for clarification and hesitating on how to act. A synthetic doesn't hesitate or wander aimlessly because they deal in absolutes, which through your app and responses, show me that you aren't someone I'd want on the whitelist.

Get a more recognizable name and read the accepted apps. -1.
    By grammatical error I assume you mean the "your" and few other things I said to shorten or whatnot?

Also, this may be just me but I do not seem to see what common sense I lack. Also I don't see at any point in the dialogue (Other than asking for MPs which is not really for clarification.) And if your referring to me asking if the two dialogues boxes were okay or good. I was unsure on if it was you wanted. seeing now it didn't matter.

And I have read quite a few accepted apps, and getting a recognizable name? What? Want me to act as someone who is already well known or something!? Getting my name out is already difficult as it is. In that respect I'd like to ask HOW. Since the many ways of being department head or whatnot ain't working for getting my name out. I am fairly active in the discord as well. Seems the only way to get your name out is being a dick or doing something idiotic like running straight into queen and the rest of her hive attempting to kill her with a fucking boot knife! Jesus...

Back onto the quirk bit, I have responded to one of the first questions/answers on the thread, I said I will keep the quirk on the low. The point of my synth is to grasp how bad one or another thing really is, and then fix it to a point were it would be best. Like you're aim, if its garbage, I would say so. But then I would rebuild your confidence by helping the person to get better aim, You got to break a bone to make it stronger. The intention is not to start fights, nor I believe any would start simply by insults and whatnot. Fights usually start with physically contacting the person, like a shove or punch, then a fight ensues. Which is really not want anyone wants. Unless that odd deltard marine does but anyways.
    Last edited by thespy24574; 01-11-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally I have seen you a good amount as cmo/doctor and medical roles, as well as RO, and I know you are good at them. But I have relatively little confidence in your abilities as an engineer, which is a major part of synth gameplay

for the quirk, you have to remember that it is programmed in by W-Y upon creation of the synth. The quirks are used to make the synth appear more human and more appealing to buy. I personally have a hard time thinking the USCM would buy a synth with this personality.

in this regard I have a few engineering related questions

1. what are the three main mistakes you see other engineers do when making barricade lines or otherwise fortifying an area

2. you are one of three engineers in bravo squad, the SL has assigned you as head engineer of the squad. How do you direct the other two engineers and yourself to set up and secure the fob as fast as possible (for simplicity's sake, LV-642, LZ1). Diagrams may be useful

3. you've been asked to set up power, how do you do this, and how do you minimise the chance of it dropping out after you leave the engineering area.

4. list some reasons why LZ1 on prison station is more easily defensible than LZ2
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    personally I have seen you a good amount as cmo/doctor and medical roles, as well as RO, and I know you are good at them. But I have relatively little confidence in your abilities as an engineer, which is a major part of synth gameplay

for the quirk, you have to remember that it is programmed in by W-Y upon creation of the synth. The quirks are used to make the synth appear more human and more appealing to buy. I personally have a hard time thinking the USCM would buy a synth with this personality.

in this regard I have a few engineering related questions

1. what are the three main mistakes you see other engineers do when making barricade lines or otherwise fortifying an area

2. you are one of three engineers in bravo squad, the SL has assigned you as head engineer of the squad. How do you direct the other two engineers and yourself to set up and secure the fob as fast as possible (for simplicity's sake, LV-642, LZ1). Diagrams may be useful

3. you've been asked to set up power, how do you do this, and how do you minimise the chance of it dropping out after you leave the engineering area.

4. list some reasons why LZ1 on prison station is more easily defensible than LZ2
    In regards to the USMC buying this synth, could be multiple reasons why, like for instance, Its the cheapest at the time or they liked the personality as it might be closer to an actual marine's personality.

On to the 4 questions

1. Believe it or not, I have seen lots of mishaps and in general bad FOB designs during my extended playing of MT building FOB, One of which was leaving a wide open cade to the comms at FOB. Another was not having that indent when making cade line indented behind the wall it was put up against: An image I quickly made that is what I would typically do for Solaris ridge. Purple: Plaststeel cades. Yellow: Cadelines. Red X's: Removing wall/objects. Grey X: comms. Screenshot 2021-01-11 082531.jpg
    Last one is not being Tank/APC friendly (No three wide plaststeel cades or nothin. Loss of time if they arent Tank/APC friendly as they would be ran over or had to be moved.

2. Red X's: Deconstruct. Purple: Plaststeel Cades. Yellow: Cadelines. Grey X: Comms. Screenshot 2021-01-11 083616.jpg
    I set up the west/north side of FOB, along with another Engi, I will also send the last engi to set up eastern, and south cade lines.

3. Set up power as normal I.E. Repair the generators and get the batteries, SMES, working correctly. If the surv synth hasn't already. Now, I am a tad confused, the generators will randomly break by themselves, and there isn't really a fix to this problem without going to them and repairing them. And as far as I can remember, they cant be broken by the xenos either. If this answer isn't a good one then I'd say its expected, And I probably missed something.

4. 1, only need to defend 2 directions, rather than 3 or 4. 2, The directions that ARE defendable have okay ish choke points where explosives could be used. 3. the monorail system is right next to it meaning if EVAC was called it could be used as an escape if not all of the marine/personnel boarded, through it isn't likely it would be used.
    Last edited by thespy24574; 01-11-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're already started on a good track, however unfortunately you don't meet our requirements yet. While I personally recongize your name, I'd invite you to, for your future whitelist application attempt, to become more active ingame and in discord if possible - not just in the sense of inquiring about the whitelist but to play the game in general and talk about it, y'know. I'd especially encourage that you reach out to us councillors personally, as we're more than happy to help anyone willing to put this great amount of effort into a whitelisted role.

Good luck,

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    I think you're already started on a good track, however unfortunately you don't meet our requirements yet. While I personally recongize your name, I'd invite you to, for your future whitelist application attempt, to become more active ingame and in discord if possible - not just in the sense of inquiring about the whitelist but to play the game in general and talk about it, y'know. I'd especially encourage that you reach out to us councillors personally, as we're more than happy to help anyone willing to put this great amount of effort into a whitelisted role.

Good luck,

Though I am thankful that someone says I am on the right track and all, it doesn't exactly say what I need to do in order to meet or pass the requirements. I, Quite frankly, am tired of waiting and worrying about whether this WL will get accepted or denied. And on to the point of playing the game more, I got no real solutions as High school isn't really something you can skip for IRL means. More so since my mother is really on me about school. And yes, I do put a lot of effort just to get shot down.... At some point, I will just say "fuck it" and no longer attempt to get a WL. The bar for what's accepted and not is increasingly seeming to me being impossibly high. Yes, there are a lot of synthetics and more people will attempt to be one, but the synthetic position is almost always empty whenever I get on, which is why I attempt to get this WL in attempt to fill that gap and play differently than a designated position. And if I do have this WL, I will most likely play it all the time.... Something I look forward to. Even with this amount of effort, it always seems like a let down, and is honestly making think If I should just stop if its gonna be shot down anyway.

Losing faith and will to continue to attempt to be synthetic over here, honestly feels like I'm one man against the whole of CM.
    Last edited by thespy24574; 01-13-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bar to get accepted isn't impossibly high because there are a lot of stellar applicants who get accepted. If it means anything I can tell you put a lot of heart in your application, which I appreciate and like seeing, but the issue arises when people simply can't vouch for your competency.

If you were us, and a guy just showed up and no one knew who they were, would you act any differently? We don't want to whitelist a synth and have them shit the bed when it comes to actually playing, we've had that before, and that's why I'm so opinionated about getting synthetics to vouch for you.

I have a guide somewhere on the guide section about getting whitelisted, I suggest you read it. Get a quirk next time that won't be seen and insulting or generative of conflict, and please get some synths to vouch for your next application. You can do this, I've seen people make mediocre first applications, come back next time and make one that really impresses us. Don't think of this as an impossible, too hard task, a lot of it is just keeping your head down, doing your work, being vocal in comms, and that's really it.
    Synthetic Senator

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really get anyone to confirm to me that you've actually committed yourself to being proficient at all departments beyond Medical, and your Synth's personality opens up a large red flag for rulebreaks (i.e: You aren't supposed to insult/antagonize Marines) without much room to compromise.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that needs to be said in respect to -1'ing it has been said here.
    I really do think you'll absolutely nail the application next time if you utilize the whitelist help section on the discord or by messaging us new quirk ideas. It can be hard to come up with a viable quirk that fits the guidelines, but I think you can do it.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied by council majority.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001