Thread: drone gardener discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drone gardener discussion

thoughts on this new support strain?

personally I like it more than healer

sure healer can heal better, but keeping a xeno in place long enough to heal them was not easy at the best of times

now you can just fruit and forget, plus it even can heal yourself too, amongst other things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better than healer but I don't think it can compare to default since it can't build special structures, which other xeno desperately needs to not get btfo'd by CAS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has some unique stuff, have to trade off good things to get it.
    I think it's in a good place.
    I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    berserk ravs need more armor to keep steamrolling marines. Its like we forgot that a certain prae caste buffs xenos and a certain T4 heals xenos already.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's fun larping as a farmer

but overall, p good caste, wish it could build special structures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Healer is better for quick heals and supporting an attack (since it has strong pheros), not to mention they have the lesser resin fruit which can be prepared to heal others in case you have to move around.

Gardener is based more on the situations of front when it comes to healing and abilities.
    The unstable resin fruit and greater resin are mostly seen since 1. Unstable gives T3s a pretty good shield (up to 30% of their hp, MAX 200) while the greater resin fruit gives you 175 HP(good in a pinch, not to rely on imo)

Spores are pretty fucking cool, no healing or shield BUUTTTT it encourages aggressive fights, 5% cooldown reduction per slash (max of 25%) for 60 seconds and it matures in... 15 seconds. Kind of the underdog of all the fruits and imo the best (also I use it a lot as dancer since I literately just slash and use my ability )

Overall I think it's a great addition to the game, I always enjoy seeing a gardener and think the Mount and Blade warband quote..
    "IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried it, reaaaly fun!

With that said, they either need to remove healer strain or merge them (like borrower-tremor). All you do as a healer is heal, rest for 2 minutes with 5% HP hoping there is no scout to kill you and heal again. I tried 80-85% of roles including all strains, castes, planet, ship side roles, but never saw anything so boring and unrewarding than healer drone. Gardener is amazing though, they hit it spot on! Especially it gives you a purpose to play after dieing and queen is not on ovi any more to reach T2.

So for a T1, excellent. Not to weak, not to strong, has basically 7 abilities really happy with that little drone.

Who ever reworked it....can you please give some new strains to other castes like sentinel or spitter or borrower?

On the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The initial strain was based on Triiodine's request found here: https://discord.com/channels/1503155...95256506908673

It has been tweaked a few times via discussion and testing, but yeah.

Mayhap Weaver at some point, though meaningful T1 would be nice to have for the balance of the game. Considering how plentiful they are though, it's...difficult to have them meaningful without overwhelming.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I first saw that message in the discord I didn't really care about gardeners because compared to weavers they seemed rather tame.

weaver, especially its third ability, seems like it would become the new opressor/op strain and along with the likely addition of confirmed support slots it would probably end up in every single round.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it! The fruit looks great.