Thread: Current meta is not great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    funny thing is this is actually true
    i need to know, please tell me
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    So basically there is 2 possibilities here:

1) He did bring a tide adding many new player - which ss13 should be thankful for for bringing in new fresh blood with many to stay for longer.

2) He did not bring any reasonable amount of tide or they came from the 30 other big name youtubers who revived ss13 as I personally came from Mandaloregaming not him.

I don't even understand comments like this. SS13 would be an empty wasteland with 2 people playing if not these videos promoting them. Is that what you want? As surely people WILL stop playing it but if we get no new people trying it out it will be deserted like many MMOs or online games before.
    I think you're inflating the importance of these influencers; there was no "revival", for the game wasn't short on players.
    Servers were doing perfectly fine before 2019 with Sseth's video, and they were doing perfectly fine before 2016 with Mandalore's video.

Servers were at a comfortable capacity when it was measured in only dozens borne from word-of-mouth stemming from communities like Something Awful and 4chan.
    Compare that to now where Byond chugs because instead of dozens, it's now hundreds.

Quality of playerbase doesn't matter when the platform plays at a slideshow pace because there's too many of them. Having a better community is great and all, but when the cost is the actual gameplay, what's the point.
    Last edited by CCRWasHere; 01-05-2021 at 05:18 PM.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    not to badmouth the coder but basically it went down as: they got killed by SG CO and then they said that having 5 SGs was too strong and that SGs were annoying and that it was unfair that CO had the ability of replacing one of the dead SGs like nothing

so they went to council discord and told the co council that the skill was being removed and that the gameplay architects were like 'ok go ahead king' because i'm a total RETARD i talked with them in several occasions to make them reconsider, and saved some of the conversation as a method of reminding myself how fucked dev team is in some aspects

lets keep in mind the coder didnt had a co wl neither.

I dont really care if i get in trouble for this, but i dont wish this to be me bad mouthing the dev team but rather a heads up that this kind of shit has happend and may happend in the future, so be aware people.

Conversation, names blurred out for obvious reasons: https://imgur.com/a/mOlzPAM
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/mOlzPAM
    "why trust someone not to abuse it when there's an easy mechanical solution"
    Glad to see how fond some devs are over the playerbase, I.E. not at all.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    If you're not trying to find a reason to murder the clown, blow up he station engine, or poison everyone with Plasma you're doing it wrong.

Also as far as players go here with standards/rules/etc..., it breeded a sense of entitledment to the point I wanted to reject almost 99 percent of staff reports with "Stop being a baby and fuck off"
    I am not saying that someone shouldn't do that on servers like TG and a few others that pretty much incentivize some of that behavior but they at least try to maintain things IC.

When someone boots up to play SS13 for the first time and their first experience is a bunch of people speaking Reddit language and racist slurs that have nothing to do with the atmospherics of the game, they are just gonna treat the game like that because that is all they know, so for them, SS13 is just a Modern Warfare VOIP or Halo Multiplayer which truly isn't.

When you go to Hippie or whatever clusterfuck chaos of a server around, people fuck around but they fuck around on the setting they have and they at least understand the most basic of things which are IC and OOC, their character, and their own personality, and so on. When you get someone fresh out at their first experience in CM and the first convo they have in-game is someone calling them a ''Nigga bald ass mf retard redditor sseth on Allah'' because they were trying to learn their job, that will be their base to treat the game/other people.

People entitle themselves because that power is given to them in a server where rules are so blank and up to interpretation that anyone can try to find a loophole on them or make a case of double standards out of them.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 01-05-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conversation, names blurred out for obvious reasons: https://imgur.com/a/mOlzPAM
    King showing what needs to be shown.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    There's worse stuff

-Developer while playing as a xeno saw something he felt was unbalanced with the APC and during the round decided while playing as a xeno to mess with the APC VV values, and broke the APC causing a major shit storm. The dev in question was pretty much unfased when admins, managers, and myself said "bruh you influenced the round while playing as the enemy team" and couldn't get through their thick skull that if they want to test stuff they should be doing while observing.

-I constantly reported a developer internally for breaking rules, to the point I said if they did it again I was gonna ban them myself when I was in management. Eventually it was decided "they would be talked to." If a mod or admin did that, there would be immediate calls for them to be removed/banned/tar and feathered

-During conversations with other managers and heads it was pretty much determined that "devs are more equal than mods, and devs are hard to come by" if you had a developer break rules, abuse powers, etc... they shouldn't be punished as harshly as say a mod/admin/etc... It was pretty much the breaking point for me when the Head Developer pretty much shit on the value of the mod/admin staff team.

-Developers would give their 2 cents about rule enforcement, but when a mod/admin gave 2 cents about development it was pretty much "shut up peasant"

-During managment days I caught/was made aware of popular permabanned players multikeying and a head said "Well its too much drama to let them appeal, just let them play if they dont cause trouble."

CM staff is a human collective, so no one is perfect (Shit I've made plenty of mistakes and oopsies) but at the end of the day there was too much internal strife, and one of these days when I get bored, I'll go to reddit and post "The Bullshit of CM"
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return to monke

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so they went to council discord and told the co council that the skill was being removed and that the gameplay architects were like 'ok go ahead king' because i'm a total RETARD i talked with them in several occasions to make them reconsider, and saved some of the conversation as a method of reminding myself how fucked dev team is in some aspects
    They went to council discord after the fact when I said "you should discuss this with the council" and the response was "COUNCIL DOES NOT DETERMINE BALANCE CHANGES"

And then they wonder why every CO and Council member chimped out.

Also I'm not bad mouthing anyone or being toxic, and last time I checked I don't have a non-disclosure agreement, so I can say whatever I want from what I PERSONALLY SAW.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-05-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yea should add,

I guess the reason especially xeno mains get salty when they die is because of time investment and how hard it is to get back in to the round. If you play xeno tier 2 or 3 it is very painful to get back in if you get killed from whatever. It why they removed instant kill AP, stuns, guns that do anything, etc. If you die you don't revive, you become a shitty larva that can go into hive bitch, runner that dies in one PB, sentinel that cant do shit against a mass wave of marines(talking 15-45 marines), or defender that to many is boring asf. People want those kick ass tier 2s and tier 3s to just dunk on marines, they don't want a lame tier 1 that couldn't capture a monkey. It also just sucks because if you were playing a good tier 2 or 3 and die after an hour of fighting you just left wondering, will these guys even survive without me? It even worse when you die because of bodyblock and welp welcome to dchat for the next hour. For marines though the only thing that is special is SGs and Specs. Know who is stronger? A PVT or a CO, both have a shotgun they are both equal(ish). A marine even if they permadie, if they can get back in with a cyrowave they can just jump back in and be as useful as they were before. Doesn't even include the fact that if you mess up as a marine, as long as your buddies can get you back you typically won't permadie but aliens don't get that luxury.

It just really really sucks dieing as a xeno. Aliens just need a massive overhaul on everything to make everything from drone to queen fun to play.