Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current meta is not great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Oh yea should add,

I guess the reason especially xeno mains get salty when they die is because of time investment and how hard it is to get back in to the round. If you play xeno tier 2 or 3 it is very painful to get back in if you get killed from whatever. It why they removed instant kill AP, stuns, guns that do anything, etc. If you die you don't revive, you become a shitty larva that can go into hive bitch, runner that dies in one PB, sentinel that cant do shit against a mass wave of marines(talking 15-45 marines), or defender that to many is boring asf. People want those kick ass tier 2s and tier 3s to just dunk on marines, they don't want a lame tier 1 that couldn't capture a monkey. It also just sucks because if you were playing a good tier 2 or 3 and die after an hour of fighting you just left wondering, will these guys even survive without me? It even worse when you die because of bodyblock and welp welcome to dchat for the next hour. For marines though the only thing that is special is SGs and Specs. Know who is stronger? A PVT or a CO, both have a shotgun they are both equal(ish). A marine even if they permadie, if they can get back in with a cyrowave they can just jump back in and be as useful as they were before. Doesn't even include the fact that if you mess up as a marine, as long as your buddies can get you back you typically won't permadie but aliens don't get that luxury.

It just really really sucks dieing as a xeno. Aliens just need a massive overhaul on everything to make everything from drone to queen fun to play.
    I don't know about this.

I think dying as a Marine is far more rage-quit worthy.
    Marine players have far more connection and personal investment into their own characters (they should at least). By the time marines deploy, gear up and talk to people it's an equal drag compared to the aliens start.

In my opinion, an alien player is far more likely to simply restart as a larva/new alien due to non-attachment to their character as opposed to a marine player.

I will however concede that a Xeno player is far less likely to ever play Marine whereas a Marine player will generally switch over to Xeno once they die.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I don't know about this.

I think dying as a Marine is far more rage-quit worthy.
    Marine players have far more connection and personal investment into their own characters (they should at least). By the time marines deploy, gear up and talk to people it's an equal drag compared to the aliens start.

In my opinion, an alien player is far more likely to simply restart as a larva/new alien due to non-attachment to their character as opposed to a marine player.

I will however concede that a Xeno player is far less likely to ever play Marine whereas a Marine player will generally switch over to Xeno once they die.
    Marines get defibbed tho
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    They went to council discord after the fact when I said "you should discuss this with the council" and the response was "COUNCIL DOES NOT DETERMINE BALANCE CHANGES"

And then they wonder why every CO and Council member chimped out.

Also I'm not bad mouthing anyone or being toxic, and last time I checked I don't have a non-disclosure agreement, so I can say whatever I want from what I PERSONALLY SAW.
    Advocating for the WL and trying to get anything done for the WL dev wise was like bashing your head up against a brick wall expecting to transmute the clay into gold. I had some rather bad experiences with some people.

Eventually, Awan and Water came out of no where and offered their assistance, and of course Frans came back after a while and got the sprites done. I will be forever thankful to them for the work they put into the WL.
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 01-05-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    itt: jaded boomers reminisce about the good ole times

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kot View Post
    Get off my lawn

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kot View Post
    Literally whenever I look at this section of the forum it's just people who stopped playing the game going on constant unhinged rants lol
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    They went to council discord after the fact when I said "you should discuss this with the council" and the response was "COUNCIL DOES NOT DETERMINE BALANCE CHANGES"

And then they wonder why every CO and Council member chimped out.

Also I'm not bad mouthing anyone or being toxic, and last time I checked I don't have a non-disclosure agreement, so I can say whatever I want from what I PERSONALLY SAW.
    >Council does not determine balance changes
    >Synth council literally does that now

:epictroll:
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Oh yea should add,

I guess the reason especially xeno mains get salty when they die is because of time investment and how hard it is to get back in to the round. If you play xeno tier 2 or 3 it is very painful to get back in if you get killed from whatever. It why they removed instant kill AP, stuns, guns that do anything, etc. If you die you don't revive, you become a shitty larva that can go into hive bitch, runner that dies in one PB, sentinel that cant do shit against a mass wave of marines(talking 15-45 marines), or defender that to many is boring asf. People want those kick ass tier 2s and tier 3s to just dunk on marines, they don't want a lame tier 1 that couldn't capture a monkey. It also just sucks because if you were playing a good tier 2 or 3 and die after an hour of fighting you just left wondering, will these guys even survive without me? It even worse when you die because of bodyblock and welp welcome to dchat for the next hour. For marines though the only thing that is special is SGs and Specs. Know who is stronger? A PVT or a CO, both have a shotgun they are both equal(ish). A marine even if they permadie, if they can get back in with a cyrowave they can just jump back in and be as useful as they were before. Doesn't even include the fact that if you mess up as a marine, as long as your buddies can get you back you typically won't permadie but aliens don't get that luxury.

It just really really sucks dieing as a xeno. Aliens just need a massive overhaul on everything to make everything from drone to queen fun to play.
    Death as T3 or T2 is so painfull becouse there is fewer high tier slots then ever before.
    Every caste used to be fun to play before the MOBA update that removed soul and cooperation from the castes.
    (also xenos can jsut throw wave after wave of suicidal T3s agains the marines becouse they can get new T3s at full strenght INSTANTLY, you can just do pack after pack of suicidal ravs attacking FOB untill you compleatly owerwhelm the marines and still have 5 ravs at full strenght at the end)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on a more serious note: I think if CAS and mortars were nerfed/removed and OBs turned into beacon-only "abilities", and barricades had reduced durability, xeno powercreep could be toned down a lot, which would in turn slow down the game slightly and allow for more individual brightness popping up instead of wave strategy being the norm for marines. (other than the same 4 "chads" some staff seem to have complained about carrying the team on their own).

such a slight increase in round length and ability for the standard marine to feel competent would also give more more room for interpersonal interaction- not that it matters, seeing as nowadays the slightest form of camaraderie and joking beyond what is considered correct by a few people in staff is immediately culled as thoughtcrime.
    Last edited by Kot; 01-06-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how more can you eaven nerf CAS and mortar?