Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutator Discussions

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Thing is, 2x speed breaks the careful balance of all castes.

snip
    some of the castes needed speed boosts. Everything except boiler should outrun a marine. before the update a young warrior in agility was the same speed as a fully armored marine. how can a marine keep up with a 4 legged alien. that makes no sense. Things like runners/lurkers however did not need speed boost thats a fact. I dont know why they dont just remove mutators from specific castes to keep from unbalancing things but they dont.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only that, but a Drone with 2x speed and Frenzy pheromones is fast enough that it can close in and get a hugger on someone before they can respond or, even worse, fast enough that even if you do shoot it it's probably still going to be able to slap a hugger on you and run off before you can kill it.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Castes that need speed upgrades are the ones who shouldn't have it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    some of the castes needed speed boosts. Everything except boiler should outrun a marine. before the update a young warrior in agility was the same speed as a fully armored marine. how can a marine keep up with a 4 legged alien. that makes no sense. Things like runners/lurkers however did not need speed boost thats a fact. I dont know why they dont just remove mutators from specific castes to keep from unbalancing things but they dont.
    Warrior was never supposed to be fast.

The trade off is that a warrior can grab you and infinitely stun you (lunge + punt), with punt's cooldown being faster than the stun. On top of that, you can break bones in one click (almost guaranteed due to punch) and/or when you've captured a marine, you can delimb them by waiting for a bit while grabbing them, which makes them easy captures due to pain crit.

Warrior is also a team caste; by that I mean you can't be a lurker and just go it alone. You have to have support from a runner, sentinel, etc. to pull off a grab. Thats why Warriors are EXTREMELY GOOD if they use boiler gas cover, because they go into gas so no one sees them, grabs then punts someone into gas to insta kill / stun them 5ever if neuro gas, then run away quickly while still under boiler gas cover.

Speed mutators just makes the caste even more braindead as you go near runner speed while not in agility mode, and in agility mode, you go runner speed +. This just breaks the balance Warrior was based around; its abilities, not its speed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree, however I'm seeing a stark rise in marines without armour who will often chase down most classes beyond Runner and Lurkers.

I personally also enjoy that we have a little bit of customization regarding play styles now.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I would agree, however I'm seeing a stark rise in marines without armour who will often chase down most classes beyond Runner and Lurkers.

I personally also enjoy that we have a little bit of customization regarding play styles now.
    It's hard to call it "customization" in my opinion. Only Queen do that, rest just takes "meta" loadout. Flaw plasma for drone, health, speed and armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is I've been noticing is if you don't take meta mutators you're screwed. Had a round as an elder lurker with 2x health and armor buffs and a marine critted me with a three round burst from his pulse rifle. Probably had a barrel charger, but that ammo buff means if you don't take it you're toasted if you get hit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's hard to call it "customization" in my opinion. Only Queen do that, rest just takes "meta" loadout. Flaw plasma for drone, health, speed and armor.
    Because yall cried that we could take a mutator more than once and got it removed. Of course there is no customization now. When theres only 5 mutators and you can take 4 you are gonna end up taking the same thing every time.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Warrior was never supposed to be fast.

snip
    Then why do they have agility mode? LOL

Im not saying thing should go "fast" whatever that is. Im saying that they shouldnt be slower than a marine because that makes 0 sense. Marines counter to speed is range, not being able to outrun it. Yall seriously make no sense sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's really no customization in mutations right now. You're a Mature Warrior and you don't have 2x health, 1x armor ? You drop to 2 BC M41 AP bursts regardless of Queen's Warding. You're an Ancient Defender with 2x health, 1x armor, crest down ? Who cares, you're gonna get chunked 40% from 1 BC AP M41 burst.

And that is just M41, let's not ignore the new hot meme of SMG, which is greater than M41 if you can get a steady supply of AP. No wield delay, barely any wielding slowdown, great fire rate, same burst, and you can carry it in a holster for your belt slot.