Elder Warrior(NPC-930)
    Their BYOND Key
    SimpleCities
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    January 6, 2021 6 AM Central US time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    No specific protocols, just dumb things he did
    Description of the incident
    I was a xeno during this so I don't know what happened to marine side other than from what I heard, all I know is Simplecities made a QM telling xenos that marines werent arriving, which lead to xenos heading to LZ1 then to LZ2 to hijack, but werent able to due to marines not deploying yet I think. After we had checked LZ2, marines dropped in LZ1 which caught us all confused and was in the colony, legitimately throwing xenos off.

My issue is the misinformation he had stated which he later on changed to "maybe", as far as I know, marines were not intending to deploy, which they should be deploying in the first place, instead of reinforcing this, simplecities let them with their idea and just informed xenos of this which caused everyone to the confusion when this didnt even continue. This lead to an interruption of the game flow.

I should also take note that we were informed of this before 12:24, rather than just waiting it out until marines arrive. At this time, this shouldnt even have been relayed to xenos.

I didn't want to make a report, but his comment later in the round made me think otherwise
    Evidence
    QM telling xenos of marines not coming down

https://gyazo.com/0b92d030ef29efa1a02c604d7ab38b9c

QM telling us that marines MIGHT NOT come instead

https://gyazo.com/91cbc1b60d4c085b5c04931619bd1d92
    How you would punish the accused
    Up to staff, but this staff report is merely for him to take responsibility for his actions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to add that he was the only admin on at the time, so making a QM like this would imply an admin event or a sort, which doesnt seem to be the case

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pull logs for this one when I can. Give me some time. Seems like a fuck of a cluster.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Operation starts, Cassimir 'Ugly' Taylor is the only SO available during roundstart, acting Commander:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PO asks which LZ is being assigned, SO asks if they really need to deploy:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Marines contest the question, as it should be obvious that Marines deploy to a distress call:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Eventually, after more people kept asking about when Briefing will start, the SO proclaims the idea of not deploying, schedules Briefing for 12:30, saying they will commence operation "bball" today, basketball match:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

At this point, SimPleCities makes the first announcement. Unfortunately, the content of the message is not logged:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Marines seem content on the idea of having a basketball match instead of deploying. After 2-3 minutes, Simple makes another announcement, this time addressing the Xenos (1st screenshot):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Xenos are visibly confused by the announcement. The Queen suggests to "go to them" if they don't want to come down:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

At the same time, some Marines defied the orders of the SO, and headed onto the Alamo to deploy regardless:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alamo departs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

After that, SimpleCities makes a USCM High Command report, though the Marines don't seem to be responding to it in any form. Time passes, and Simple is seen making another Queen Mother report (2nd screenshot):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Xenos are becoming irritated after the second report, not understanding whether or not they could now move in on the LZs or not. This is also where Kryth becomes involved and confused:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

And 2 minutes later, the Marines appear out of the blue despite the QM announcement at LZ1, guns blazing:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Everything that follows after this is just combat, Xenos dying, Marines dying. Marines are eventually forced to evac as they can't hold ground and not many more reinforcements coming down to assist.
    Last edited by Pfanner; 01-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfanner View Post
    Everything that follows after this is just combat, Xenos dying, Marines dying. Marines are eventually forced to evac as they can't hold ground and not many more reinforcements coming down to assist.
    True, except that marines are forced to evac, which they did not evac and marines actually won

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryth View Post
    True, except that marines are forced to evac, which they did not evac and marines actually won
    [06:58:40]GAME: Round end result: Marine Major Victory

Yeap, my bad, missed that one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

To put this in perspective, there was about ~45 online: 8 Xenos, 30 Humans, 4 Observers (but non-responsive.

At this point, SimPleCities makes the first announcement. Unfortunately, the content of the message is not logged:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    [06:10:50]ADMIN: SimPleCitES/(Yoi Uon) has created a Everyone (-Yautja) command report
    This was a fluff announcement from the W-Y Director character summarized to, 'Not my job,' in response to marines having to deploy or not.

The Marines seem content on the idea of having a basketball match instead of deploying. After 2-3 minutes, Simple makes another announcement, this time addressing the Xenos (1st screenshot):
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    [06:12:49]ADMIN: SimPleCitES/(Yoi Uon) has created a Normal Hive Queen Mother report
    Indeed, was screenshot 1. Me basically telling the xenos that the marines weren't going to deploy (as this is what it seemed like). My job is to make sure the round progresses. So the xenos were informed of the knowledge I had at the time. I did not however say in any form, 'All the T3s and the Queen should de-ovi and immediately hijack the shuttle' it was more of an informative announcement than anything else. Eventually the shuttle had to land and who knows what would be on it, on top of that the LZ can't be weeded/shuttle can't be hijacked until 12:40, so doing the aforementioned is just silly overall.

[06:15:52]ADMIN: Kirsten 'Angel' Vellez (XXX) launched a shuttle using the 'Alamo' flight controls.
    Launch time to be noted.

After that, SimpleCities makes a USCM High Command report, though the Marines don't seem to be responding to it in any form. Time passes, and Simple is seen making another Queen Mother report (2nd screenshot):
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    The USCM-HC Report was basically summarized by, 'There are no RMP shuttles in your sector, yet, so have fun with your BBall game, for now'. If the people didn't want to deploy as the squads had ~18 marines max, then I was not going to force them on lowpop. I decided to do a event of sorts where I would send a RMP ERT to make them, once there were more observers. Though some squads actually ended up deploying anyways regardless, it was two which I didn't expect so I ended up sending out the following.

[06:16:08]ADMIN: SimPleCitES/(Yoi Uon) has created a Normal Hive Queen Mother report
    The second picture is this QM report, me seeing the shuttle with people taking off (only with 8 people - 1 to 1 ratio with the xeno populace). I informed you all that they may indeed be landing. This was to be interpretted as, 'they are landing'. Sort of like when you ask someone if something happened and they say no, then a little later they say maybe. That is what was conveyed here. If you all actually rushed the Alamo with the queen, you would of killed all the marines onboard at the time.

[06:17:48]HIVEMIND: XXX/(Runner (XD-618-Y3)) : Talls

A full two minutes was given ahead of time for all the xenos to head back, I wasn't sure why they all rushed to the front originally, likely because of the queen's announcement. QM announcements are like calling someone out in a FPS. In a FPS, you can say someone is in a location. When your teammate gets killed by the person you called out not where you called them out, your response shouldn't be, 'my bad, I lied,' it should be, 'he was there, but he has legs'. Information, while it may be accurate when given, can change. Just like this case, the information provided to the xeno side was accurate at the time it was given. It wasn't done with malicious intent as my actions never are. Everything I did was done so to keep everyone on the server content. The QM announcement was given so xenos wouldn't be bored or go 'where is the actions?' 'where is the fight?'.

I personally like to deal with things IC rather than OOC, and that's inevitably what led to this report.

I didn't want to make a report, but his comment later in the round made me think otherwise
    Just to clarify, I didn't say it with malcontent my message on the discord of, 'I'll explain it in the report'. I just would rather not have a back and forth on the discord and just put all my concise ideas and thoughts in one place which is done so here. Mistakes were made, yes, though from miscommunication and misunderstandings on all sides. If anyone on the xeno side ahelp'd I would of explained what was happening (which I don't mind giving clarifications for things), though no ahelps were made until far later in the round to my recollection.

Sincerely,
    SimPleCitES

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logging has been improved for future situations.

I have spoken with Simplecites regarding this situation and I do not believe their actions to be malicious. They know what to do better next time to reduce confusion and make it clear what's going on.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001