User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: araclain - WL issue

Ceyella
    Ok, let me put it like this as you keep writing essays to be a jerk to us and talk about how you are a CO and we are not.

If “bob” joined as XO, and made a announcement medals are being replaced with cats, then made follow ups on this, would “bob” be heavily noted, or JBanned?

Yes. They would.

Now, you as CO, with higher RP expectation, did the same thing.
    So I am informing council.

This isn’t personal as you make it out. This isn’t some rip against you for being an approved CO. CM is trying to improve on this stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm writing essays to describe to you why this is a farce. I feel so compelled to do this because you are actively trying to deceive people about my behavior, and that I take personally. I'd like to remind you that it was you yourself who pinged me on Discord and said "you have the right to go defend yourself" or whatever. My being a jerk to you is nothing compared to you lying about me to the community. Your stated goal of,

This isn’t personal as you make it out. This isn’t some rip against you for being an approved CO. CM is trying to improve on this stuff.
    does not withstand scrutiny because, as I have illustrated at length here and any retrieval of logs will demonstrate, the things you are saying about my behavior are. not. true.

So let's continue with this process.

If “bob” joined as XO, and made a announcement medals are being replaced with cats, then made follow ups on this, would “bob” be heavily noted, or JBanned?
    Well, XOs can't give medals, so this doesn't actually make any sense. But let's presume it does:

You actually, unironically, believe that if an XO latejoined and tried to handle the shipside situation with a single announcement about cats, they would get dinged? I mean really? In a round where an admin has been spawning cats? Sorry, no, I don't agree with this assertion. Since my return to this game two weeks ago I have seen numerous XOs behaving in ways that are actually low RP--like going against the orders of their CO and being huge softgriefing shitters--and no one seems to care. Obviously this depends enormously on what moderators are online at the time and how vindictive the crew is feeling post-round. It is too subjective to say with any certainty. But your premise,

Yes. They would.
    is not founded on any evidence. The fact that anyone would be upset over something so minor from an aCO still baffles me. I guarantee you everyone else in this round except for you saw that announcement and thought literally nothing of it, including any moderators online at the time.

But more than this, XO and CO are different jobs. It is the XO's job to run the CIC and manage the marines. It is the captain's job to run the ship--not just the marine forces, but medical and the MPs and research and req and engineering and all of the MTs and the Mess Sergeant and the SEA and also roleplaying with the Colonial Liaison and ideally sending faxes to High Command and also talking to any survivors--do I really need to go on? I have the authority to see to the matters of the ship as I see fit. Leaving my staff officers in command of the CIC is one of those things that I am fully within my powers to do. It is something that COs do all of the time.

Handling our feline situation, along with all of the other shit I was busy doing this round--which for some reason you're no longer mentioning, I don't understand why that is--IS THE JOB OF THE CO. Attending to these duties is NOT LOW RP.

To once again bring it back to cats, if I really have it, I would like to point out that giving away the cats to the marines was the most obvious, in addition to being the most fun, way for me to deal with the situation as a whole, and all without having to break character. We have 18 cats in the CIC; what do I do with them? Give them away. Apparently that's low RP. No doubt you would have preferred it if I'd BE'd them one at a time and thrown them all into the incinerator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XO from operation here. CO was fine the whole operation and did fine. We were making sure marines were getting their supplies. We had a good briefing and standard operation proceeded. CAS was flying. Nordica died 1000 times. Mortar was firing. Usual ungas getting lost and dyeing to skirmishers. Futile attempts at getting a kill squad together. Ordering marines crayons to boost morale.

Cats entered the CIC at one point and some other people came in too. We had a good time and marines evaced a lot of the cats. If anything CO helped the event and didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. I'm pretty sure OP was FUBAR when cats entered the room anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll review the logs and post a comprehensive log of things important.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command is notified of cats being brought up on the ASRS

Spoiler Spoiler:

Every announcement done by command after the cryo'ing of Braden Stephenson (other CIC staff marked in red, araclain marked in green.)

Spoiler Spoiler:

[Past that spoiler Araclain is green, and Ceyella is red]

Initial reaction to Brooke Wells

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fugitive bombs CIC (which both Ceyella & Araclain take part in solving)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

captain destroys research hive, and then organises more about the bomber fugitive. And then makes the first order about cats.

Spoiler Spoiler:

reaction of cats from the captain (at requsitions, after hearing about them)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Captain distributes cats for feats of valor, sort of
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Captain organises evacuation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I have left off about everything after evac, but that's because it's mostly unimportant and summed up in the post-evac announcements.
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 01-10-2021 at 03:25 AM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this isn't enough to settle this """dispute,""" I'd like to add that the only announcement I can possibly conceive anyone having any sort of RP quality problem with:

ALL MARINES WITH CATS REPORT TO EVAC. EVERYONE ELSE, TO BRIEFING.
    was made because there were 4-5 marines in the CIC telling me, after I'd ordered everyone to briefing over comms (I think--might be misremembering), that all marines with cats should evacuate. It was clearly what they thought would be fun for the round. Since I'm not in the business of stepping on people's fun, I said yes, and then. Like someone who understands how roleplaying works.

[00:31:02]SAY: Ceyella Meer: Just what me need some gimmicky idiot with no ide whats goingo n (CKEY: Ceyella) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    I honestly don't know what your problem with me is. Although I recognize your name I hardly remember you from when I was active ~2 years ago. But this proves to me that, despite your protestations, you really do have something against me. I don't see anything even remotely wrong with my conduct this round in these logs. I suppose I could have taken the CIC bombing more seriously, but enough shit was going on that--ironically--this seemed inconsequential (I was right, by the way; it never happened again.) I suppose I probably should have used the tablet for this announcement:

[00:40:22]ANNOUNCEMENT: Araclain/(Brooke Wells) has announced the following: i have woken up to an utter cat-tastrophe on the Almayer. Please listen to your SOs while I hanlde it.
    but I would like to point out that part of the character of Brooke is that she likes to make silly puns, which demonstrates that even while dealing with the cats, I will still in-character.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was present in the round as CMP.

Personally I thought Wells' cat shenanigans were hilarious and did not strike me as lowRP or whatever you'd call it. (My best moment was when someone went "Seriously command, fuck you" and the response was "You sound like someone who needs a cat")

As mentioned, she used only shipside comms and the Tablet.

It wasn't dumb memes, copypastas, spam or whatnot. There was plenty of engagement all with cats.

Was it weird? Sure, but in CM standards it didn't even tip the scale that much.

Did it seem like OOC or lowRP or whatnot? Didn't seem like it to me at all.

I'm not super familiar with Wells' character, but I have seen her a few times since and it seemed consistent to me. Lady likes herself some cats :U

Also, did it impede the flow of the round/screw marines? No, it didn't seem like it either. It's not like SO's don't have other ways to relay information and as mentioned, the groundside broadcast from the center CIC console was not used for the kitties at all as far as I've seen.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council has discussed this report and has decided to issue Araclain a warning for toxicity show to others regarding this report in discord.

In regards to the cat situation, the Council has deemed the majority of actions not LRP, with an exception being the final evac announcements- they were found to be borderline LRP, but not excessive.

In regards to the CO impeding the round/operation, the Council does not see that.

Resolved.