User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: silencer_pl - Commanding Officer Application

Developer & CO Council Member naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been thinking for a while over this, and here’s my own thoughts.

While you’re a good CMP, and have been endorsed by staff as a good player with a pretty clean record, you haven’t played XO since the beginning of December, and your 5-6 rounds as XO is worrying to say the least. I understand you have a lot of experience in leadership and ML, but in my opinion being an acting Executive Officer isn’t the same as XO itself, and proper XO experience is crucial to going to CO.

So your application is by no means lacking; however your experience is. I recommend you withdraw this app and spend some time racking up hours as XO or SO and get the feeling of the position under your belt.

For now, though, I leave a -1. I can’t in good faith accept someone with very little recent experience as an XO. Sorry. Please don't let this discourage you from applying -- you can still get the job if you got more hours as XO clocked in in recent times. I just don't think you're ready yet.

P.S. In the future if you reapply, you’re allowed to use the same application twice provided it doesn’t need a revision — you won’t need to make a brand new app from scratch.
    Last edited by naut; 01-10-2021 at 01:14 PM.

CO Councilor & Spriter.

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, first time ive ever replied to a CO app so im a bit new to this, but I wanted to leave my feedback.

Ive seen you around a ton, you play CMP as much as, if not more than I play SEA. Thats great actually, and im super confident in your ability to keep a cool head, study every detail, and keep a cool head. Along with that I know you as a pretty good player and good person. The problem that everyone else has brought up is the lack of experience in other departments, and especially CIC staff. Ive seen you aCO a bit and your fine, but its hard to get a gist of what you commanding feels like since ive only seen aCO on a few split occasions.

XOing and aCOing is very similar, but being an XO means commanding the OP from round start to round finish, if no CO is present. While you can do this as an aCO, being a recognized XO is probalby the best thing you could do for yourself in getting your app actually accepted. Not only that but having the respect of the people your commanding makes people actually listen to your orders and plans to the T.

On this front, ive noticed you playing SL and SO a lot more after you posted this App and received feedback. People seem to respect you and follow you pretty well, but ive yet to see you XO (thats prolly cause other people are grinding it right now). The only thing ive noticed a little eh was the lack of comms sometimes. Communication is probalby the most important part of actually commanding, or doing anything really. Just keep a little more active over squad comms and the like, you will be a lot more engaged as an XO.

Thats all I really wanted to say, so heres my verdict. I think the admins/councilers beat us if we leave neutral votes so im gonna go ahead and give this a +1. Also the application itself is REALLY high effort and it shows, so good work on that!

Before I get beaten by the rest of the COs for +1ing it the truth is without more experience and/or becoming a recognized command player, this APP will FAIL. But I have every confidence that if you put in the time you will make a great CO. Its your choice if you want to withdraw now and apply later for a smoother application process in the future, but please re-use the app itself. Its pretty neat.

TLDR Everything else is great, but please play XO and stay active over comms.
    Last edited by taterthetank; 01-11-2021 at 04:45 PM. Reason: stuff?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have much to say, you have insane hours and you are a great CMP, but you need to rack up XO hours before applying, not during the application. I know you can do it for the next one, but this one was too early.

Elected CO Councillor or something contact me if you need any help at Memesky#2166

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

She might not have lots of hours but a great Commander regardless.
    Aden Cooper

Admin & CO Council Member Somenerd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

You've got a great app and I have no doubt you'll do your best when given the opportunity, but I think it would set a bad precedent to support this if you have little actual command experience.
    There's a bit of a joke sometimes about this being the CMP+ Whitelist, but I'd rather it not literally become that. I like the whitelist to set a certain standard for competence in command, roleplay and Marine Law.

I recommend that you get some more command experience in as Executive Officer and show us what you can do, then reapply! I'm positive you'll do great next time! -1
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

Whitelisted Commodore and CO Councillor, Admin, and Nerd!

Senior Admin & CO Senator
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Denied.

Play XO some more and then re-apply.