Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There are no current bad marine weapons

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    thing is MH is sorta a "lazy" attachment for those who havent got a pickup macro but its convenient for those who dont know how to setup one

BCs are good and limited for a reason, last time I checked they done something like 27% extra damage per bullet. BCs on shotguns are useless

B8s often go out of stock, laser sights go out of stock fairly fast etc etc.
    speaking from about 20 req hours recently :

I have never seen LSes run out (theres almost as many as rail lights in req bruh), or any attachment other than MH BC and gyros (lowpop rounds with people wanting to do gyro shotgun memes)

b8s are also not viable at all lmao

if any attachment was to run out of stock it would be qfas and bfas for their relative popularity with qfa being frequently used on m41 and L42 builds and bfa being used on m41 meta build, m39 builds, hpr builds, and being generally a low stock attachment.

the main things req runs out of are brown/black webbings, pyro kits, heavy revolver ammo, the obvious AP ammo, aforementioned BCs and MHs (although mh is offset by pointman kits)

luckily the BC is generally used on burst builds now rather than being a straight buff to every single weapon it was applied to.

the current attachments that need buffs, in my opinion, are

- the EB, since currently the RC is a straight upgrade in all situations
    - bipod (being worked on)
    - arm brace (being worked on)
    - supressor, maybe (stealth is kinda useless when benos have thermal vision)
    - the vertical grip
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    thing is MH is sorta a "lazy" attachment for those who havent got a pickup macro but its convenient for those who dont know how to setup one
    Me.

I would like to do Macro stuff but I'm unsure of where to begin so, MH it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the Warrior poet Sun Tzu said. "Gitt good son."

That or get a better internet connection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main purpose of mag harness is to stop your gun being stolen when you get knocked out by a stray rocket/nade/missile/ob/PB shotgun to the back.

Without mag harness your chance of retaining your gun when you recover falls from 90% to 10%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong disagree.

M4A3 and 88 Mod 4 could both use a small reduction to scatter and maybe a small buff to accuracy.

The M44 would be completely useless if not for heavy ammo and then it's just an emergency escape tool for SG's.

The VP-78 is objectively worse than the 88 Mod 4 thanks to it's slow rate of fire and runs a close race with the M44 for the slot of worst pistol. All this and it's suppose to be a restricted weapon for NCO's.

The M39 also needs a rework. Low accuracy AND high scatter even with attachments means unless the xeno is withing 4 tiles range you won't land many hits, even if the bullets connect. I've tried to make the M39 work and all the time I just find myself wishing for a shotgun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    Me.

I would like to do Macro stuff but I'm unsure of where to begin so, MH it is.
    Hi, check the wiki there is a page on macros including pick up. At the VERY least I recommend unique-action so your not manually reloading the shotgun every time, saves your ass when you need to quickly reload and shoot again
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh, 88Mod4 and M4A3 are fine as is, no need to buff them anymore. M4A3 deals massive damage and kills most T1's in a magazine, and the 88Mod4 is straight up mini Mk2 with AP, little less AP but ~25 rounds with 10 less AP and high as fuck rof and easily replaceable/restocked.

M44 isn't useless without heavy ammo, infact heavy isn't used as often compared to marksman or regular due to the fact heavy deals 30 damage and zero compared regular which is 50+ and decent AP and marksman which is 80 damage and high as fuck AP.

VP is fucking horrible nowadays so no arguements there.

M39 is a damn SMG, why would it be used outside of CQC? I've never had issues with landing shots and as long as yer within 5 tiles you'll have no problem landing burst fire on xenos.

No clue what land you live in Mr Asshat but it ain't CM, unless you're really bad at using weapons.

(Also those who need pickup macros or MH........all hail spam click gang)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Hi, check the wiki there is a page on macros including pick up. At the VERY least I recommend unique-action so your not manually reloading the shotgun every time, saves your ass when you need to quickly reload and shoot again
    I have been fiddling with them since mentioning this on the boards but thanks for the useful info! Something I can pass on if I see anyone asking.

Cheers!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk about guns I just use throwing knives lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Uhh, 88Mod4 and M4A3 are fine as is, no need to buff them anymore. M4A3 deals massive damage and kills most T1's in a magazine, and the 88Mod4 is straight up mini Mk2 with AP, little less AP but ~25 rounds with 10 less AP and high as fuck rof and easily replaceable/restocked.

M44 isn't useless without heavy ammo, infact heavy isn't used as often compared to marksman or regular due to the fact heavy deals 30 damage and zero compared regular which is 50+ and decent AP and marksman which is 80 damage and high as fuck AP.

VP is fucking horrible nowadays so no arguements there.

M39 is a damn SMG, why would it be used outside of CQC? I've never had issues with landing shots and as long as yer within 5 tiles you'll have no problem landing burst fire on xenos.

No clue what land you live in Mr Asshat but it ain't CM, unless you're really bad at using weapons.

(Also those who need pickup macros or MH........all hail spam click gang)
    First,
    Scatter matters so long as you are not standing perfectly still the entire time you are firing.
    This will come up a lot.

M4A3 does deal massive damage. When it hits. For reference the pulse rifle has a base accuracy of 16. Pistols have a base accuracy of 5. That's fine, but it also has a high scatter (for pistols) that you can't reduce to 1 even with attachments (you can do this for the mod 4). Why is this a big deal? And scatter value above one will sometimes scatter to a different tile, the intensity of the scatter is then decided by the scatter value. So a scatter value of 20 means you could shoot someone standing next to you while a scatter value of 3 means you only fire in a small cone in front of you. With a scatter of 1, the mod 4 does not scatter when fired while moving. With a scatter of 2 the M4A3 does scatter around half it's shots 1 tile. It's only 1 tile but it does make a big difference when half of the bullets go somewhere else. I'm only suggesting the M4A3 be brought into line with the mod 4.

The missed shots are amplified by the fact that a M4A3 mag only holds 9 bullets. Compared to the mod 4 holds 19. The mod 4 has the ammo to afford a few misses. Theoretically a M4A3 can kill a runner or drone with a single mag. If none of the shots scatter, and if all the shots that do land are not dodged. In reality I've never done it and I have been maining pistols for the past month. If the devs lowered the scatter on it by 1 I think that would be a major improvement. As it stands 88mod4 is the only good pistol right now.

M44 heavy can stun T1's at close range and daze T2s. It's poor mans slugshot. It's saved my life before as a medic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    regular which is 50+ and decent AP and marksman which is 80 damage and high as fuck AP.
    The default M44 has a 100 RPM and holds 7 shots. It has an unwielded scatter of 7. The default shot deals 55 damage with an AP of 5. That's not decent AP. That's awful. Every other pistol has higher AP. The M4A3 holds 9 rounds, that deal 40 damage, with an AP of 10. unwielded scatter of 5 and an RPM of 600.

Marksman only deals 55 damage. Not 80. It has 35 AP, and that's really good. The problem is that's great damage, on a low accuracy low RPM small mag gun.

The M44 does have great wielded stats, that can make it viable as a primary weapon with lots of attachments but at it's peak it's low accuracy, slow rate of fire and small mag means shots get dodged and it's only a slight annoyance to crushers. tl'dr bruh just use a L42 as primary.

As for the M39, yes you can land hits on you're screen but if you look in the text box you will see in blue "The high-velocity submachinegun bullet misses XX-420!x3".
    The M39 is suppose to be a SMG. Yet it has worse scatter and the same base accuracy as a pistol. Contrary to popular belief SMG's are not less accurate than pistols. It should have accuracy close to what the shotgun has. The scatter could use a slight decrease as well. I'm only suggesting 1 maybe 2 points.

You can fix the M39 with attachments but it always comes at the cost of fire rate, scatter, or accuracy. At that point you are just better running around with a shotgun for CQC.
    Last edited by Balance Asshat; 01-14-2021 at 02:22 PM.