User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making Autoinjectors Viable

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when minimedic gave you pill bottles? Pepperidge farm remembers.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Remember when minimedic gave you pill bottles? Pepperidge farm remembers.
    *pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think Autoinjectors SHOULD be viable for every chem you might need.

They're pretty useless for bicar and kelo, because you will obviously use those during basically every treatment to mend wounds. Thus, your 3-4 applications of the injector will run out in a heartbeat. Pill bottles are far better for them.

Meanwhile, Injectors such as for Epi, Dexa+ and Peridaxon are far more viable because they're chems which are far less used and may need to be applied in a heartbeat (Dexa+ instantly removes all oxy damage, and can thus stop somebody from asphyxiation in one moment to another). Epinephrine injectors are equally as good because you can hold your defib and put the paddles on someone, ALL WHILE taking out your Epi injector and stabbing the guy with it. Dont need to be two-handed like with pills for it. A small benefit perhaps, but it's been kinda ingrained in my healing routine, of sorts.

Overall: Injectors MAY need a small tweak, but they're ok. It'd be a nice tweak if you could restock them in the field somehow besides vendors at the FOB. But as people above have already mentioned, you can't really buff injectors much because it would make healing even more braindead than the simply appliance of labelled pills already is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    But that further makes medic dumbed down, which is why I'm against it
    lowering the skill floor =/= lowering the skill ceiling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    Is there a skill to playing medic?

While I want to brag I can solo a 600+ (300 brute 300 burn) Marine, its really nothing unique because playing Medic is pretty much straight forward. A checklist of things to do and treat.

Besides anybody can play it competent. Problems only arise if the player is bald and abit slow on treatment or as many people say, non communicative and willy nilly pilling without even scanning.

Don't get me wrong, its definetly a QoL improvement but I feel like its not needed with the current Meta.

Besides, you'd make xeno mains cry that Marines are healing fast (huehuehue).

On a seperate note, have you git lab'd your suggestions? If not you should definetly post it. Or in discord #ideas
    Last edited by shogun-liquid; 01-11-2021 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    You can have something which lowers the skill ceiling while lowering the skill floor, so you're uh, using that wrong.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is nobody mentioning that auto injectors don't need medical skills?

With every other form I need a medic to treat me, but with auto injectors I can just loot a med-vendor and off I go to heal myself with 0 medical skill. I can't even open a pill bottle without that skill.

Speaking of marine kits - Please add the bipod to the L42 sniper kit....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Why is nobody mentioning that auto injectors don't need medical skills?

With every other form I need a medic to treat me, but with auto injectors I can just loot a med-vendor and off I go to heal myself with 0 medical skill. I can't even open a pill bottle without that skill.

Because its common knowledge. Even bald Marines know how auto injectors work by the virtue of the first aid pouch (or SS13).

Problem is, it takes time for non-medical personnel to inject themselves (with the exception of the first aid injectors). What we're mostly talking about is in the heat of combat, treating Marines after getting boiler'd, brute'd, spat at, or general healing, and specialized injectors like Dex+ and Epi and avoiding ODs in the midst of trying to heal people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >making autoinjectors viable
    i think you should play more PFC. Look around and see how many people take minimed kit
    lots of medics take revival kit too.
    Injectors are already viable and efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post

Meanwhile, Injectors such as for Epi, Dexa+ and Peridaxon are far more viable because they're chems which are far less used and may need to be applied in a heartbeat (Dexa+ instantly removes all oxy damage, and can thus stop somebody from asphyxiation in one moment to another). Epinephrine injectors are equally as good because you can hold your defib and put the paddles on someone, ALL WHILE taking out your Epi injector and stabbing the guy with it. Dont need to be two-handed like with pills for it. A small benefit perhaps, but it's been kinda ingrained in my healing routine, of sorts.
    Revival mix canister. Medics can get them for free roundstart. No need for injectors

Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    Overall: Injectors MAY need a small tweak, but they're ok. It'd be a nice tweak if you could restock them in the field somehow besides vendors at the FOB. But as people above have already mentioned, you can't really buff injectors much because it would make healing even more braindead than the simply appliance of labelled pills already is.
    But marines can already restock their injectors using a vendor???

Do you guys even play the game? When was the last time you guys played? Is this 2018 or 2019?