User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making Autoinjectors Viable

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this post makes me vomit and screams of 1 hour playtime every month

at this point, just remove medical system, just remove organ damage and any other injury other than bone break, brute damage, burn damage, and defibs.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that my opinion doesn't matter on this as I don't intend to come back to CM for awhile but.
    autoinjector is fine as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see an issue with autoinjectors right now, but I'm relatively new compared to most of you vets, and since the inject is almost always instant unless you're not trained I don't think an animation is warranted. Part of the fun of SS13 in my limited opinion is fucking up, you accidentally injected that man twice? Tough shit you made a mistake now your patient has to live with it. Failure is part of life and if you make everything hold your hand in CM then you do away with what makes it beautiful.

Also yeah off topic but the mini-med kit is pretty amazing, I can do without it for some builds like being a fobbit marine but I'd be pretty sad if it was removed, please don't. The xenos already get an auto no limit heal, can I at least get a shit-tacular form of healing that gives me the illusion that I can maybe outlast a xeno in a prolonged combat? The kits run out so much faster than you think and god forbid you are trying to heal other marines that shit evaporates faster than sweat in a desert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Revival mix canister. Medics can get them for free roundstart. No need for injectors
    I personally don't take it because I much prefer ditching the kelo and bicar pill bottles from my bag and taking the two reagent pouches of bicar and kelo. Let's me use those two slots in my lifesaver bag for something else like Iron, IA or whatnot. I've heard various opinions about the revival mix pouch from medics of all degrees of experience, ranging from 'it's hot garbage' to 'it's a must'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    But marines can already restock their injectors using a vendor???

Do you guys even play the game? When was the last time you guys played? Is this 2018 or 2019?
    I literally did say "restock injectors by other means than a vendor at the FOB". That said, looking back, it's a dumb idea because it'd make injectors just 100% better than pills if you could refill them while on the frontline. Imagine being in Caves and you didn't have to run back to the FOB to restock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to turn into a medic loadout discussion and everyone having different opinions on what is optimal, im calling it now

I've heard various opinions about the revival mix pouch from medics of all degrees of experience, ranging from 'it's hot garbage' to 'it's a must'.
    Personally, revival mix is good now, I've done a change where it shouldnt really be limited, at most, you can only use it 5 times per person, assuming said marine has no peri, which is equivalent to 15u epi, 15u peridax, and 30u inap.

And if you guys didnt know, you can just make your own custom reagent pouch with medvendor bottles and asking for a different kind of injector from Research

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryth View Post
    And if you guys didnt know, you can just make your own custom reagent pouch with medvendor bottles and asking for a different kind of injector from Research
    Or just ask Chemistry to fill your bag with all sorts of goodies. They might just do it. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    I know that my opinion doesn't matter on this as I don't intend to come back to CM for awhile but.
    autoinjector is fine as it is.
    Mei stop putting yourself down everybody's opinions matter.

And honestly while we all agree syringes are working as intended, how you setup your loadouts as medic essentially boils down to this: "To each his own".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. I'm not a person to care about 'the meta' or what the absolute best loadout is. I pick what's comfortable for me and roll with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally use pills as medic, so no thoughts on the topic of this post really, but revival mix is a pretty neat addition

Some newer people will prolly use only that prior to defib and not patching/giving other drugs as well, but lots of medics do that anyways so eh.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Minimedic was a poor idea and dev teams already talked about changing it. As it stands nobody with experience will pick anything other than minimedic kit because it beats out every other kit.
    Yeah? How about making other kits not shit then? Or you only way to solve things is to cut them or nerf them? With minimedics medics is focused on saving lifes instead of patching every bleeding marine that was FFed or scratched by runners.