January 12, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Goddward Power
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaper
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Just now
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling
    Description of the incident
    Basically I noticed Atomic Bomb just laying around, so I thought it would be funny to forcefeed the PO, assuming he would just start sluring for a bit over radio. Turns out, Atomic Bomb is apparently poison worse than Chloral Hydrate, and I had no idea of this until I was shown logs of it containing Uranium. This is a SS13 drink pretty sure, and it has been ages since I've played there.

I tried explaining saying I did not know that a drink, something that usually just causes sluring, or knocking somebody at worse cases like drinking an entire bottle of vodka, would knock out something worse than Chloral Hydrate in a single sip. I assumed this would be like forcefeeding a sip of vodka and watching him slur before stopping. I have seriously no idea why Developers think a bar drink should be more lethal than Chloral Hydrate, and why it can be made so quickly, as I've seen on Windhealer's bar after leaving the Alamo.

tldr I thought Atomic Bomb caused sluring and I would absolutely not have done it if I knew it can knock you out in a single sip. I've tried explaining this to Grim but he permabanned me anyways using "I thought it would be funny to see the PO sluring" as evidence I did not learn that this drink can be used for griefing
    Evidence
    Admin logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    Just a ban revert.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no comments on this report except that the players note history will speak for itself that I took appropriate escalation steps in this ban.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And as I have said in the ahelp, I did say that I believed alcohol being broken and knocking people out was fixed, and this happened MONTHS ago pretty sure, especially considering Agents get tranqulizer guns and chloral hydrate rugs, and they dont knock people out forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that most of our playerbase hasn't played /tg/ or any true ss13 servers.
    Its likely that this was just an accident and they didnt mean any harm apart from just actually wanting the PO go talk funny in comms.

Our alcohol system is broken that 3-4 sips? of beer would knock you out.
    CM code has changed all over the years that it may had made the drink lethal which is not really lethal in other servers.

Searching for the atomic bomb drink in the /tg/ wiki doesnt say that its lethal. It only makes you asleep. While in CM it is LETHAL because it might be because it has "Uranium" in it.
    vmxvaz.jpg

tl;dr new code broke alcoholic drinks. Kills everyone that drinks it

just saying my output since i feel like context matters here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Related change to knockdowns. Alcohol knockdown may have been overlooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

wrong link
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that I didnt even know this, I didnt look at any wiki when I gave the drink, I assumed most "lethal" drinks from vanilla CM were disabled or removed alongside other legacy features such as atmos. I just assumed it was fine, but nope, its equivalent of cyanide apparently

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you're a member of staff, please refrain from posting on the report. I know you're just trying to be helpful, and it's appreciated, though we still have report rules to follow.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, the uranium is not supposed to be in that drink. It was obviously poorly mixed by the bartender and all uranium didn't react.

Uranium does ~mild~ clone damage, which in the dosage shown, shouldn't have caused significant harm.

However, in regard to the Atomic bomb itself, it surprisingly does not double dip in Ethanol and Alcohol property (though any leftover B52 would, which is likely).

That said, the Atomic bomb on its own would have done the following:

Confuse (random direction when moving) and dizzy the drinker (screen shake), cause him to stutter, and if given in sufficient quantity, cause the user to sleep after ~a minute.

This is all ancilliary to just giving a PO on duty the drink without consent, that being said.

Coroner report finished.