Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Discussion about Development Changelog February/2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Community Discussion about Development Changelog February/2019

What the title says, your opinion about the recent changes performed on this month.

Recent Changelog Here.

The removal of the Hugger Combat was a thing completely Necessary and I like it, though Carriers will still be able to perform combat hugging after a Queen screech, this leave it a bit balanced.

the Addition of a Supply drop Console to req looks great taking Lowpop or a inefficent Command for example.

For now looks great.

Add your Opinions below

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah carrier is worthless now. Its funny the burrower came in and stole all the carriers abilities. Now They need to just give the burrower the ability to carry eggs and delete the carrier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Nah carrier is worthless now
    good riddance

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like seriously who the fuck would want to play carrier and walk around moving eggs until someone else stuns someone so you can face hug them. You dont even have abilities to build anything. You literally do nothing for 95% of the round. The people stunning people dont need you to walk up and hug someone they can just take the stunned person to an egg themselves. Seriously just delete the carrier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm, that carrier salt.

Probably one of the best changes made in a long time, finally making good on that promise to remove hugger combat.

Everything else seems fine in theory, can't comment much as I never play req.

I find the addition of bayonet sheathes to be confusing to say the least. Just seems like a noob trap for someone who doesn't know any better when drawing from their locker for the first time. Pointless options water down gameplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely removing hugging was stupid. Probably, adding a small delay, while both should stand for a second, would also solve the problem of combat hugging. :thonk:
    ASRS? I don't care, I don't play RO. Although, I've seen so many M56D for the first time...
    New sprite are cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuAlastor View Post
    Completely removing hugging was stupid. Probably, adding a small delay, while both should stand for a second, would also solve the problem of combat hugging. :thonk:
    ASRS? I don't care, I don't play RO. Although, I've seen so many M56D for the first time...
    New sprite are cool
    It's not completely removed. You can still instahug people who are down, so carrier can still synergize with queen screeches. Or you could tackle the guy - that works too.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like an unnecessary nerf to xenos, time to murderize carriers and drones even harder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, ye, can't express my thoughts correclty... Wanted to say "completely killing hugging" together with carrier, I guess.
    This is another update that makes usual benos weaker and "combat queen" stronger. (now we have a caste that relies on a queen almost in everything). Now carrier is good only in pair with prae, because other castes who can "control" marines on the ground are much faster and carrier can't keep up to them.
    Poor carrier. He's more useless than a burrower now.

I think "combat hugging" should have been fixed, but not like that (probably, decreasing speed of benos with hugger in hand like they pull a body, I think that would have solved combat hugging completely)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    Seems like an unnecessary nerf to xenos, time to murderize carriers and drones even harder
    Drones shouldn't be able to meme marines with combat hug, IMO.
    But true, this nerf killed carrier. They should either leave combat hug to carrier only, or rework it so carrier would still have options