User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Discussion about Development Changelog February/2019

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm indifferent to combat hugging change. It didn't solved the problem of slashing hugged marines, but atleast fast drones with one click KO behind cades are removed.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a good idea as it stops a one-click-to-remove-player-agency mechanic but without any other compensating changes its basically just a straight nerf to drone and carrier. Drones are still okayish without it but this is a big ouchie to carriers.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    its a good idea as it stops a one-click-to-remove-player-agency mechanic but without any other compensating changes its basically just a straight nerf to drone and carrier. Drones are still okayish without it but this is a big ouchie to carriers.
    How many clicks does Sadar take? I mean if you count loading the Sadar like 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drone hugging needed to go because drones with frenzy are extremely fast and inconspicuous, so having one be able to dart out from behind a corner and instahug you was very stupid. There was very little counterplay to it. Drones also have loads of other things that they can do, anyway, so it wasn't a necessary part of their kit.

meanwhile, carriers are huge and slow without actually being particularly tanky, and this was literally the only thing they can do. Changelog might as well have just said "carriers removed from game". Also, RIP Abominations, which are now pretty much impossible to get if they weren't already.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntasa View Post
    Drone hugging needed to go because drones with frenzy are extremely fast and inconspicuous, so having one be able to dart out from behind a corner and instahug you was very stupid. There was very little counterplay to it. Drones also have loads of other things that they can do, anyway, so it wasn't a necessary part of their kit.

meanwhile, carriers are huge and slow without actually being particularly tanky, and this was literally the only thing they can do. Changelog might as well have just said "carriers removed from game". Also, RIP Abominations, which are now pretty much impossible to get if they weren't already.
    I actually dont mind abominations being impossible cause they were never worth it anyways. Getting people killed just so the predator player can have an even more OP character to smash people with was never worth it in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine being upset about hugger combat nerfs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya instead of bitching about carrier losing one of its core cheese abilities perhaps we can think about ways to make it more than just hugger traps and combat hugging.

However, if you pair with a sentinel/spitter/runner, you can still accomplish your job of capturing marines.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonkified View Post
    ya instead of bitching about carrier losing one of its core cheese abilities perhaps we can think about ways to make it more than just hugger traps and combat hugging.

However, if you pair with a sentinel/spitter/runner, you can still accomplish your job of capturing marines.
    When is the last time anything we come up with was even remotely entertained none the less used?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a fan of the new types of uniforms, it's a nice fluffy update that helps to give marines some more unique appearances.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see where the removal of combat hugging takes us. I do think the carrier should be given some other ability, as losing their ability to combat hug makes them close to useless now.