Byond ID?
    lexwolf

CM Character?
    Kirsten 'Angel' Vellez

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I don't

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I only play on CM-SS13

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    yes of course

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would observe to see what happens, was it a brain lag issue, a new player or somthing else.
    If the MP's handle it well then I would message the player letting them know what is going on.
    If i was greifing then I would message the player and find out what it's about.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would message the player and ask them to explain what happened. once that is done i would tell them I will look into it.
    then i would message the Predator and ask for thier side of the story, check their history and make a choice based on that.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would send them a message asking if they are new. I would send them a link to the wiki marine quickstart and answer any questions they have.

Ideally I would walk them through basic equipment and how to use it, then suggest they have a read of the wiki.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would remain polight and not argue, if i cannot sort the issue out i would escalate it to admin+

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would send them a message saying that there is a naming policy and that they need to choose a name that is appropreate.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd message them saying that they have a role and to stick to said role or the MP's will take an interest in them.
    I'd check to see if they are new and have read the wiki.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As far as I know survivors are not supposed to be violent to marines. If this is the case I would inform the survivor of that fact and see what their respose is.
    if in the worse case its just grief i'd consider a job ban

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd suggest to the MP that he "write the marine up" and let him get back on active service.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd have High Command send a message ordering them to scout the AO by using the CL.

If they refused I'd consider sending in a response team to help "convince them".

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would message the medic player informing them that greifing is not tolderated and see what they say.
    I'd consider a job ban in this circumstance.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd message the CLF and tell them I will handle the situation.
    Then I would message the Marine and remind them that the round has ended.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd message the victim that I am looking into it.
    Then I would watch the marine, if he is indeed doing this I'd message him informing him to stop. and reminding him of the community rules.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd message the victim saying I am handling it.
    Then i'd inform the killer that murdering somone for punching him is over the top and he risks a job ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd suggest a distress beacon be sent so reinforcements can be sent to aid CIC.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd message the offended person that I am handling it. then I'd message the people talking and tell them that RP is fine but to take it down a notch.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    That seems to me to be a troll, a ban i think.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message them and ask if they know how to play Xeno. direct them to the Wiki and take it from there.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd message them asking them to cut that out. Assmuming they do, then all's good.
    If not id take firther actions.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd message the Xeno a suggestion to use the word "Metal Bird" as he is a alien

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd let the marine know i am looking into it, and remind the Command staff not to be meta about things.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    i'd suggest that marines are trained to look after eachother and not be murders.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd message him suggesting that insulting me is not going to overturn my ruling on the issue and remind him of the community rules.
    I would not rise or take it to LOOC

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd say that SSD can be annoying but if he is in a safe area he should see the doctor at the FOB/LZ or Ship.
    The game cant be retconned for connection issues.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would send them a message and let them know that I saw. I would not step in and overturn anything as that would undermine the Admin team.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I suggest they take a moment to cool down. then we can take a look at it but not in a public way.
    Admin team should work as a team.t:

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I found CM-SS13 a while ago and was frankly impressed by the amount of work and love poured into it.
    The more I play it the more I want to see it thrive and if I can help that I would like to do so.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I think being level headed and calm, making dissions that are based on the rules and what is best for the community as a whole but not ignoring that the players are the lifeblood of the game.

Anything else you
    Thankyou for this oppertunity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright to begin with your Forum account is less then a month old which is a very big issue on some accounts otherwise another issue is you have no whitelist which can not prove you had any true responsibilities in my eyes and a lot of your answers could be improved on so here is three questions

1. A LT X is doing his job and a person drags a dead cultist into CIC to show the CO and LT X starts stabbing the corpse in anger and when you look into the situation he talks back to you negatively and spouts out in real life facts what is your course of action especially after he threatens you with a staff report and no other staff are on.

2. how new are you to CM before you made this forum account

3. Despite the manner and professionality you demonstrated by answering these questions with out saying YSSS and wtf and other forms of slang Personally explain to me are you willing to learn and put hours aside each day to assure the foundation of CM stays strong
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. I have been playing for a while now and never made a forum account due to being busy (before the quarintine).

1. I would remind him that I am here to help, i'd mention that real life facts should be left at the door as this is a game. As part of the command staff he should not be stabbing corpses. I would advise him that if he feels a staff report is in order he can do that and I would not fight the issue. I would not change my choice in light of him saying he will file a staff report.

2. I've been playing CM for quite a while now, ive not gone for whitelisting yet as honestly I'm a PO main (feel free to throw things).

3. I am more than willing to put aside time to learn more about CM and help keep the game strong. Devoting time to this is not an issue for me and I think that CM deserves to have not only and inital commitment of time to help it remain strong but a sustained level of commiment to keep it strong and help push it forward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lexdalton View Post
    Thanks for responding. I have been playing for a while now and never made a forum account due to being busy (before the quarintine).

1. I would remind him that I am here to help, i'd mention that real life facts should be left at the door as this is a game. As part of the command staff he should not be stabbing corpses. I would advise him that if he feels a staff report is in order he can do that and I would not fight the issue. I would not change my choice in light of him saying he will file a staff report.

2. I've been playing CM for quite a while now, ive not gone for whitelisting yet as honestly I'm a PO main (feel free to throw things).

3. I am more than willing to put aside time to learn more about CM and help keep the game strong. Devoting time to this is not an issue for me and I think that CM deserves to have not only and inital commitment of time to help it remain strong but a sustained level of commiment to keep it strong and help push it forward.
    Thank you with answering with great speed and sorry for my delay to respond for your first answer you would ban them for LRP and the rest you stated would be correct. For your second answer that really can not be changed it would of helped to state if you put you had a guess of how long you had played in CM like a month worth of play time with in the anything you need to know box, but i checked your notes to see your actual warnings and what not you have been here at least from (2019-12-26) which proves your not a new player. Lastly fantastic not only did you show that your interested in this app by responding to me within the our of the initial posting showing me you are putting not only effort but dedication to make sure this app succeeds. As stated earlier a lot of your Common Staff Situations could be improved in a training session since i do not expect you to know everything immediately so here is your +1 I wish you best of luck!
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesthebond View Post
    Thank you with answering with great speed and sorry for my delay to respond for your first answer you would ban them for LRP and the rest you stated would be correct. For your second answer that really can not be changed it would of helped to state if you put you had a guess of how long you had played in CM like a month worth of play time with in the anything you need to know box, but i checked your notes to see your actual warnings and what not you have been here at least from (2019-12-26) which proves your not a new player. Lastly fantastic not only did you show that your interested in this app by responding to me within the our of the initial posting showing me you are putting not only effort but dedication to make sure this app succeeds. As stated earlier a lot of your Common Staff Situations could be improved in a training session since i do not expect you to know everything immediately so here is your +1 I wish you best of luck!
    Thanks for the +1!

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for not getting back to this any sooner! We've had a great slew of applications lately, but it seems the tide is finally stemmed. ...and you unfortunately drew the shortest straw. But! Now is your time. James seems to have covered most of the important bits with his question. You clearly put some effort into your app, and I'd gladly give you a +1 if you can answer me one last question!

You notice the CL died, and a quick check with mod tools reveals they committed suicide. What do you do?
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply so I assume its not when the almayer has been boarded by xenos, in that case I would send them a message and find out if it was deliberate or a mistake of some kind (brainlag, who knows). If it was deliberate and they have a poor reason I would cite rull 11 and job ban them, I'd direct them to the ban appeal forum link if they felt it was unfair.
    A good question as a total newbie I commited suicide for some reason that I don't remember and had the same thing happen, job ban is the right way to go.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answer! Looking forward to seeing you get your trial!

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I am really sorry about accepting it, I thought I was looking at Fortelian app but then typed Accepted in the wrong tab.

I will go over your answers, because you have a bunch of wrong ones.

I would message the player and ask them to explain what happened. once that is done i would tell them I will look into it.
    then i would message the Predator and ask for thier side of the story, check their history and make a choice based on that.
    You cannot resolve whitelist issues, you'd have to tell the player to make a player report. Only time you can punish whitelisted players is if they break server rules, not whitelist ones.

I'd message them saying that they have a role and to stick to said role or the MP's will take an interest in them.
    I'd check to see if they are new and have read the wiki.
    This is an IC issue.

I'd message the CLF and tell them I will handle the situation.
    Then I would message the Marine and remind them that the round has ended.
    This is wrong, the EORG rule is for marines griefing each other. It does not apply to enemy factions.

I'd suggest a distress beacon be sent so reinforcements can be sent to aid CIC.
    This is incorrect. If an improper mutiny is happening you gotta stop it, not encourage it.

I'd message the Xeno a suggestion to use the word "Metal Bird" as he is a alien
    Directly from the rules,
    Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable.
    so no, this is incorrect.

Your answers are also rather short and do not tell me how you'd deal with the rulebreak. You also don't seem to have the best grasp on the rules.

I am going to have to deny this and ask you reapply in a month once you're more familiar with the rules and put in some more effort into your answers.

Again, really sorry for making you think it was accepted, that's a huge fuck up on my part.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.