Victor Rennem
    Their BYOND Key
    EmeraldBlood
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~Two days from posting
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    Description of the incident
    Emerald spawned several items for themselves including several attachments, incendiary rifle magazines, some pouches and incendiary pistol ammo. Then proceeded to use this against players with improper escalation.

Further on, this was reported within the staff circles, and Emerald has refused to accept their fault in the situation, nor has any action taken place against this.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Have them acknowledge their fault and not proceed with such actions in the future.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are leaked logs with no context other than to cause shit. I'm locking this for now but NGGJamie will resolve this when he gets around to this.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I'm sure people will want a public message regarding this, I will give one because I have nothing to hide about this whole thing. Let me just start off by saying these logs are specifically picked to cause as much drama as possible and have no context to them in the least bit, while also leaving out plenty of things.

Yes, I did spawn in items and generally most of which I carried around that round. None of the first items were ever used and the round ended before I even did anything. The next round comes around and yes, I wanted to try out incendiary ammo and frag grenades as I've never used them since their addition to CM. I also spawned in attachments and stuff because I'd pick stuff from the vendors and realize that things like the laser sight go on the underbarrel or have a Quickfire that doesn't even fit on anything anymore. So I delete or just leave the attachments around for others to pick. It should also be noted that with the exception of maybe incendiary ammo (as I've been told that's no longer in cargo), nothing I spawned is remotely game breaking or exclusively snowflake, nor was it a gamebreaking amount of stuff. It should also be noted that nothing was spawned "to shoot other people with" as everything was spwaned independently of future actions. Just because I had the stuff on me when that time came doesn't mean they were spawned for that reason. The candlestick is not made for murder when Ms White kills someone in the kitchen with it, it's just how the cards are dealt.

So now that the first part is over, lets keep moving down the list. So now that I have all of this gear, I will play a round of CM where I shoot a total on 1 Young Defender 1 time. Outside of that 1 shot, I spent the whole round just roleplaying and never shot anything 99% of the game. Oh, I did kill two afk larva, so the ammo really helped me secure those kills. Okay, so now that I've spent the whole round doing nothing but roleplaying with Predators here and there, we get to the end of the logs. So some Marines show up and start pointing guns at the predator me and another Marine have been talking to and RPing with for like 10 minutes. I tell them that this one isn't doing any harm and they seem to just move on before turning around and shotgun the Predator in the face. They're fine to do that, so I took out my pistol to try to disable the marine shooting it. Well I never shot any of my other ammo so incend ammo is like all I have so I end up using that without remember that's what I even have on me, as I never even shot anything all game. So after the Marines killed the Predator, I start healing up the Marines who were attacked and get one to a medic (I guess they just couldn't find those logs, eh?).

So that's where the leaked logs end but not where our story ends. Now you see, these logs are not leaked because of some vigelantte guarding the people of CM from the abuse that is that round. While I will not name names (even if everyone knows who it is), these logs were leaked because I happened to have given a warning to a friend of one of the leakers online who doesn't agree that the player in question should be warned. While the player was left with not even a note in the end of all of this, this is such a unthinkable crime that they feel the need to make this a big deal. It's even more insulting with the amount of times these people with from shit, but that's not realivent to the case I guess. It is iroic that the people who leak logs to try to frame me for their issues are the same people who openly break and push rules but are often left with a warning or ignored for the most part (metacomms, for example).

Moving beyond the round itself at this point, this is probably the first time I just sat down to really play a Marine round in months. It's no secret that I really don't get to hop on the server that often and even more rare I actually play a round. So because I wanted to simply enjoy a round of CM the same time these people were having a bad day or something, this is being made into a political statement. All of this said, I'm not apologizing, nor have I denied, for spawning in those items. Either you're mad I had the items and never used really them, believe that me spawning an item that is never used is the same as never spawning it in the first place, or you're looking for a reason to be offended here. Had I unbalanced the round, it could have been a different story but almost all of that was never used. I will say sorry to the people I shot with incediary ammo. I don't know if that's more or less powerful in general but I forgot I had it with me and I tried to keep damage as low as possible. That said, this was an IC affare in the end. While if I had known I had that ammo loaded, I'd have swapped out, I forgot I even had it at this point due to never using it. But there's the context behind all of this and everyone can feel free to make of it what you will. If someone needs to cut out longs on purpose to help push their own agenda, well that should show you how desperate they are for any bit of attention and credibiltiy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably a breach of rule 2 but fuck it

We literally wanted to keep this internal with headstaff not to cause any stupid EXTRA drama that literally could be avoided. This was literally handled internally and whoever got you to post it was more vindictive than reasonable because I already fucking said you keep this internally because you turn something you can keep sorta reasonable into a literal bitch fight that serves nothing to make everyone look fucking stupid.

tl;dr fucking retards handle this internally not publicly

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was already handled prior to this report. Eventually as soon as it happened.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: