Their BYOND Key
    Pfanner
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    17:25 Central US Time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    Spawned as runner, decided to go for the acider strain and started slashing the caps that were about to burst.
    Then I see a captured marine but he isn't infected and ask if I may gain acid stacks on them to quickly rack up acid for the incoming hijack fight. Out of all nearby xenomorphs that were near,only one objected it but many more were fine with it since we already get infinite larva that spawn way much faster than a captured marine who isnt even infected and which would take too much time to even burst. I kill it for my stacks and all goes well, nobody went ballistic,neither the queen. Some minutes later Pfanner PMs me the reasoning behind my kill on that specific marine. Explained it is meaningless and having it die from an acid runner is much more beneficial than waiting for it to get infected and wait 15 minutes to burst while the round already ends at that point. He says I'm getting noted and that I should have asked the Queen for permission instead.

Now lets make a few things clear from this:
    - We were already preparing to crash onto the Almayer, captures are almost meaningless at this point (especially ones who haven't even been infected yet) as they never actually burst in time before the round ends.
    - The pool is a much better larva production machine and would get 15 larvas out before that marine would burst
    -The hive benefits more from the acid runner gaining stacks on the marine than infecting it during hijack, this especially becomes more reinforced since the adding of the hijack free pool larva

At this point you are wondering why exactly do you need to ask the Queen to kill an uninfected marine to gain acid stacks as it benefits the hive more it being dead from an acid runner than waiting it to burst in 15 minutes when the battle is already over at that stage
    Now here comes the reasoning why the following protocols were broken.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server: Self explainatory, I assume the rule I broke in this incident was the no griefing rule, that I was griefing the hive.
    Now you can say that is fair reasoning however, take a look at the entire situation and realize that in all seriousness, nobody would care less about that one captured while we have the new pool feature, especially if a xenomorph actually benefited from killing it (Ravager with rage stacks,acid runner with acid stacks etc.)

To quote: (- We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.)
    It seems a bit silly to enforce such a rule as the majority of the people who witnessed and knew about the incident had no problems with it and even actively encouraged it as we benefit more from it.

next point,
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue:
    If you look at the greater picture here, this isn't that serious at all nor should anyone get punished for this even if it's just a note. Boohoo one uninfected died and 2 minutes later we already get even with the larva he could have gave us.

I wouldn't have any issues with this whole ordeal if it occured before we got free larva pool but even then it is questionable as told earlier,the round would end before we would benefit from the marine bursting and heck the guy decides to report this first before taking it to the queen, they actually never told the queen about it and were just quiet after everyone else said they had nothing against it.

I have nothing against Pfanner here and I can see why I got reported (even though this should have been more of an IC issue and I would get banished at worst.)
    Evidence
    Logs
    How you would punish the accused
    I just want my note removed,that is all.
    It's just too silly to be punished at this late in the game for a very tiny issue only one person had against it and they haven't even told the queen about it and rather reported it first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will pull logs
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so, I'll keep this short despite the fact that your initial statement was pretty long.

So, the reason I applied the note wasn't neccessarily because you did something awfully wrong, it was more so for general record keeping as we usually do in staff for warning people. Although, I will admit that it might have been a tad unfair on my end, as I genuinely forgot about the fact that Xenos now have a Larva Pool that increasingly has more noodles added to it for as long as the hijack process goes on. For that, I will obviously apologize.

The Ahelp was sent in by one of the players who believed that slashing the (by that point uninfected) host to be a violation. I didn't contact the Crusher in that regard (as you said, he was the one who told you it's fine) because as far as my understanding goes, the Queen is the one who should authorize the killng of captured hosts, not anyone else. If that is wrong, then it was most definitely an error in my judgement.

I asked the Queen if she were OK with you killing the host, the Queen replied with a firm no, though she didn't deem it anything significant and I should give you, at most, a warning, and I agreed with that.

While most players generally slash Marines that are in the last stage of bursting, and that is allowed, slashing a captured host, whether or not there is a larva pool or not, is generally understood as a malicious action against the Hive, because if the Queen wants captures, even if they might be useless to have, is still her will.

So in that regard, I kept it rather concise, quickly asked the Queen if she was fine with it, she said no, I gave you a short warning and notice on your record, and that was it. Though I understand that this was really short of a serious infraction to begin with, so for the sake of not drawing this report out to insufferable lengths of bickering, finger-pointing and sharpshooting for details, I'm willing to have the note removed as it clearly wasn't as impactful as it occured to be.

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were just doing your job, I was given an impression that you were scolding me over this silly thing that doesn't need any staff intervention. I'm wondering if you asked the queen about slashing/killing caps in general or when doing it for a specific reason that brings more benefit since both are widely different and the former is a bad thing to do.
    Pretty sure most Queen players would be fine on what I did eitherway as we lose nothing from doing it and it can deny the marines a life if they somehow manage to push to the crashed dropship and free the captures.
    and in hindsight this pretty much occured in the round
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    I'm wondering if you asked the queen about slashing/killing caps in general or when doing it for a specific reason that brings more benefit since both are widely different and the former is a bad thing to do.
    No, I just straight up asked them if they were OK with you slashing the Runner, nothing else. That'll be in the logs as well. Carlac temporarily asked me and tried to make me aware of another Xeno having killed a host that was close to bursting, though then he quickly realized that this was someone other than yourself. Slashing hosts that are close to burst in the last stage is OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Logs

PO-W8 wonders about slashing humans, then slashes humans + reaction + complaints about low numbers [RED combat logs]
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp + PM conversation [Red is Unknownity -> Pfanner][Green is Pfanner -> Unknownity]
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    PO-W8 wonders about slashing humans, then slashes humans + reaction + complaints about low numbers [RED combat logs]
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp + PM conversation [Red is Unknownity -> Pfanner][Green is Pfanner -> Unknownity]
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Judging by the logs the queen was only informed about the kill from Pfanner and without any additional context behind the reason for it. If they told the queen my reasoning behind it, their judgment could have been different.
    Guess the only way to know what would be their true thoughts about this if the player who played the queen would post here.
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    Judging by the logs the queen was only informed about the kill from Pfanner and without any additional context behind the reason for it. If they told the queen my reasoning behind it, their judgment could have been different.
    Guess the only way to know what would be their true thoughts about this if the player who played the queen would post here.
    Can probably find and tag him.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killing uninfected captures is just no RP from xeno and metaing that you get infinite caps so that you can stack acid is 0 RP.

Resolved, no action taken.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.