Byond ID?
    Jakkkk

CM Character?
    Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson, Dale the Synthetic

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    5-10

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was a mentor for a good amount of time while they were staff, and I was a trial moderator for a bit before I decided it wasn't for me. I've since changed my mind.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nope.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Yautja - Denied (I wasn't a beast back then) -
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=15775

Synthetic - Accepted - https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195

Commander - Accepted - https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=16773

Yautja - Accepted - https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=16773

Moderator - Accepted - I didn't have an application for this, I was just promoted from mentor to trialmod once the upcoming changes were announced.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes, I was permabanned for SDing as a Yautja in the briefing.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd PM the player and ask them why'd they just do that, while at the same time PM a witness or two to see if their stories add up.

Depending on their response, I would have a different recourse. If a new player misclicked, I'd let them know what they did wrong and link them the new marine page, possibly the SEA too if they're on. If it was over a conflict or something, I'd warn them for improper escalation. If they aren't responsive or are just gonna immediately do it again, I'd step up the punishment a bit.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm in a whitelist council so I know the fine line between a guideline break and a server rule break, so I would tell that player that they should post a player report on the forums if they believe they broke the honor code. However if the pred was just blatant griefing I'd shut that shit down.

If it was a synthetic or CO incident, I'd have them do the same.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd send them a PM asking what's up, and if there's no response I'd instruct them how to reply. I'd then see if there's an SEA or a mentor online that I can refer this person to, and if not, I'd just use my old school mentoring capabilities to help them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    For the sake of uniformity, I think that mods shouldn't take shit in PMs, because if one person allows it, then players in general would just start causing more shit and it would be harder to dish out warnings and stuff.

I'd tell them that they shouldn't be calling me names, and that if they have a problem with how I moderate, feel free to post a staff report on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd PM him that it isn't an acceptable name, explain the rules, then ask him what they want me to change their name to. If they can't think of one, I'd just make up a random name for them.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd leave it be, as it's not a rule break. If they were to start shit however, I'd deal with it proportionally.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors aren't allowed to be hostile anymore.

However, if it was an event or they were a CLF agent, it wouldn't be an issue of rule breaks, and I'd explain to the marine what I've just stated.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd PM the MP, and whoever was in req to corroborate this guy's story. If he's telling the truth, I'd tell the MP that they need to reread marine law and that a permanent confinement isn't punishment of theft.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    To speed the round up, I'd Queen Mother the hive to take the dropship and full send it. Having the marines go to the planet would just extend the round further, and at least with the dropship hijack they can go out with a bang.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd ahelp it and let another mod deal with it, because I'm directly involved with this situation.

If I was the only moderator on, I'd PM the character and see what's going on. I understand that it's bad for me to investigate my own case, but it's that or more players just get their rounds ended because of some asshole.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd let them know that enemy factions can still attack each other even after the round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Disarming and punching people would fall under roundstart shenanigans, especially if it isn't reciprocated, so I'd PM them and tell them to cut it out, assuming the logs match up. They would get a note for it, and depending on their response (ignoring me and continuing to grief), increased punishment.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd then explain to them how proper escalation works, and then I'd note them for it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would say in MOOC that the mutiny wasn't approved by staff, and anyone who follows through with it will be punished accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If they were all together in one spot, I'd LOOC and say that being racist and saying slurs is against the rules, and should be cut out. If they were split up, I'd PM them and warn whoever said it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is just straight up grief, so I'd ban them for 24 hours at the minimum and see if it should be escalated or not based on precedent.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If they knew what they were doing and was just like "battle larva lol!!" I'd warn and note them against it.

If they were newer, I'd explain to them that they shouldn't rush at the marines with a larva, and that it costs a xeno slot to do something like that.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM them and tell them to knock it off because xenos have some roleplay standards, as well as note it down. The Queen can just deal with this as well if they're bothered by the insults through a banishment.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd hit it with that IC issue, because xenos can refer to marine equipment as they please. Xenos have some RP standards, but not as much as this person imagines.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd PM the command staff player that they're supposed to be RPing that the aliens are unexpected, and they should refrain from mentioning their existence.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd give him a note for lethal force and warn him as well, because you shouldn't be killing another marine over this. It makes sense that a marine is willing to do anything to survive, but it's unfair to the player that just got murdered.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd give them a LOOC mute for a little bit and let them calm down. If they continued to talk shit after being unmuted, I'd mute them again and PM them.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that it's an IC issue, and that they have my condolences.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd PM the staff member and talk to them about it, trying to figure out where the disconnect is. I'd want to have the staff member realize their error and correct themselves to the player.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd contact their managers because that's a situation above my paygrade.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I want to become a moderator for two reasons, and I have complete transparency whilst doing so.

1. I want players who just genuinely play the game for a good time to have a good time, and not be fucked over by some asshole who gets their kicks out of ruining other people's fun. Being a moderator would allow me to pursue this and help players have a better time. Getting back into CM has made me realize that some players are just so innocent and are amazed by this new game they're discovering, I want to take care of them and make sure that they are taken care of.

2. I need to be a staff member in order to become a synthetic senator, and I want to pursue that as well.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important quality for a moderator is humility. If a moderator gets too power hungry, it's the direct player base who experiences the negative affects of that, other staff aren't really too affected by that. A moderator needs to keep their cool, and acknowledge that they aren't some all powerful being.

This is a game, made for fun. Get rid of the people who harm this fun, and leave it at that.

Anything else you
    I've already said everything I wanted to say. Thanks for reading through this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 great guy with experience

(my opinion on mod apps totally matters guys I'm staff )
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd PM the player and ask them why'd they just do that, while at the same time PM a witness or two to see if their stories add up.

Depending on their response, I would have a different recourse. If a new player misclicked, I'd let them know what they did wrong and link them the new marine page, possibly the SEA too if they're on. If it was over a conflict or something, I'd warn them for improper escalation. If they aren't responsive or are just gonna immediately do it again, I'd step up the punishment a bit.
    Decent response, though don't forget about notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm in a whitelist council so I know the fine line between a guideline break and a server rule break, so I would tell that player that they should post a player report on the forums if they believe they broke the honor code. However if the pred was just blatant griefing I'd shut that shit down.

If it was a synthetic or CO incident, I'd have them do the same.
    Perfect.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd send them a PM asking what's up, and if there's no response I'd instruct them how to reply. I'd then see if there's an SEA or a mentor online that I can refer this person to, and if not, I'd just use my old school mentoring capabilities to help them.
    Dito.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    For the sake of uniformity, I think that mods shouldn't take shit in PMs, because if one person allows it, then players in general would just start causing more shit and it would be harder to dish out warnings and stuff.

I'd tell them that they shouldn't be calling me names, and that if they have a problem with how I moderate, feel free to post a staff report on the forums.
    You may always refer players to Rule 0.2 at your convenience if you believe they become too argumentative. It's also a good idea to note that type of behavior down in their record if you do happen to apply one during the course of giving a warning for a rule break.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd PM him that it isn't an acceptable name, explain the rules, then ask him what they want me to change their name to. If they can't think of one, I'd just make up a random name for them.
    Or alternatively, see if they change it themselves next round, though this is just as acceptable.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd leave it be, as it's not a rule break. If they were to start shit however, I'd deal with it proportionally.
    Good.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors aren't allowed to be hostile anymore.

However, if it was an event or they were a CLF agent, it wouldn't be an issue of rule breaks, and I'd explain to the marine what I've just stated.
    Good.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd PM the MP, and whoever was in req to corroborate this guy's story. If he's telling the truth, I'd tell the MP that they need to reread marine law and that a permanent confinement isn't punishment of theft.
    Good. Keep notes here as well. MPs are a lot more easier susceptible to job bans if they don't follow Marine Law than anyone else.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    To speed the round up, I'd Queen Mother the hive to take the dropship and full send it. Having the marines go to the planet would just extend the round further, and at least with the dropship hijack they can go out with a bang.
    Yes.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd ahelp it and let another mod deal with it, because I'm directly involved with this situation.

If I was the only moderator on, I'd PM the character and see what's going on. I understand that it's bad for me to investigate my own case, but it's that or more players just get their rounds ended because of some asshole.
    Generally even if you are the only Moderator online, you're still required to attempt at getting another staff member online to take over. Involving yourself should only be done if the grief is of larger scale and requires immediate intervention. Good response though.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd let them know that enemy factions can still attack each other even after the round end.
    Yes.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Disarming and punching people would fall under roundstart shenanigans, especially if it isn't reciprocated, so I'd PM them and tell them to cut it out, assuming the logs match up. They would get a note for it, and depending on their response (ignoring me and continuing to grief), increased punishment.
    Solid.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd then explain to them how proper escalation works, and then I'd note them for it.
    Up to you if you wish to aheal the victim or not. Some do, some don't.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would say in MOOC that the mutiny wasn't approved by staff, and anyone who follows through with it will be punished accordingly.
    Works.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If they were all together in one spot, I'd LOOC and say that being racist and saying slurs is against the rules, and should be cut out. If they were split up, I'd PM them and warn whoever said it.
    Yep.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is just straight up grief, so I'd ban them for 24 hours at the minimum and see if it should be escalated or not based on precedent.
    That's good. Keep in mind if the grief is of significantly large scale (such as tossing a grenade or so into Briefing, killing multiple players) it can immediately be punished with a month ban pending permanent.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If they knew what they were doing and was just like "battle larva lol!!" I'd warn and note them against it.

If they were newer, I'd explain to them that they shouldn't rush at the marines with a larva, and that it costs a xeno slot to do something like that.
    Good. If they have a standing record of doing this on purpose, a xeno ban may also be appropriate.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM them and tell them to knock it off because xenos have some roleplay standards, as well as note it down. The Queen can just deal with this as well if they're bothered by the insults through a banishment.
    +1

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd hit it with that IC issue, because xenos can refer to marine equipment as they please. Xenos have some RP standards, but not as much as this person imagines.
    Yep.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd PM the command staff player that they're supposed to be RPing that the aliens are unexpected, and they should refrain from mentioning their existence.
    Yep.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd give him a note for lethal force and warn him as well, because you shouldn't be killing another marine over this. It makes sense that a marine is willing to do anything to survive, but it's unfair to the player that just got murdered.
    Only response I have an issue with here. Preservation of RP is one of our protocols. In a scenario like this, it's good practice to investigate what led up to the shooting. If it was a justified reasoning such as roleplaying out your own survival to prevent your inevitable death, I'd totally rule that an IC issue and leave it at that. Though no prior interaction is definiely always grief.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd give them a LOOC mute for a little bit and let them calm down. If they continued to talk shit after being unmuted, I'd mute them again and PM them.
    We usually don't mute people from chats, though you can definitely do that if you wish. If they don't quit bitching, you're free to ban them for violation of Rule 0.2 to have them calm down.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that it's an IC issue, and that they have my condolences.
    Yes.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd PM the staff member and talk to them about it, trying to figure out where the disconnect is. I'd want to have the staff member realize their error and correct themselves to the player.
    Solidfury7.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd contact their managers because that's a situation above my paygrade.
    If the argument doesn't escalate to personal ad hominems, totally acceptable response.

I genuinely have nothing to add here. This is a pretty solid application, with pretty much no errors as I can tell. You're a long standing player of the community, Council Member and have a steel-strong understanding of what we do here. Safe for that one tinor hiccup with the RP escalation scenario, this is one of the more example applications.

Solid 1+ on this on. You'll do just fine in the Trial.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's a solid synth council member and very nice to everyone.
    definitely someone worth giving a shot at for this
    +1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to atleast 5 characters.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. Nothing to add here. Jakkk is a good player.

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would quote some stuff on your Application, though Pfanner mostly covered your answers as a whole already. I don't really see any glaring issues from your application itself. The only thing of note was the SD thing as a predator but I'm gonna somewhat disregard it as you are a Synth councilor so I am assuming it was just an oopsies.
    I'd love to see this go to a trial +1
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from the Retired SEA main
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 I can see no major issues and know you are a good player

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all the kind words and +1's, I'm glad to know that you all have faith in me to do well as a moderator.

In other news, thank you bigboyyo for bringing to my attention that I accidentally placed the same link twice to an application, this is my Yautja one from way back in the day: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=17817

I also realized that I should've included my ban appeal somewhere, probably under applications. It isn't really an application, but for the sake of transparency it should've been on my application.

//showthrea...Permanent-Ban)
    Synthetic Senator