Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jakkkk - Moderator Application

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorprobe69 View Post
    I agree with Grimpreaperx15 on this. I don't think I trust you enough to have access to Moderator perms. The issue is what happens when you want to quit again? You get burned out from CM, you pull another stun out of nowhere?

I don't think I can trust you with access to what we have. Internal security is a first in my books.

Therefore, I will have to be opposed to this application at this time.
    I SD'd in briefing last time because I was on my own, I didn't have anyone else's name riding on my own. With this moderator application, there are a lot of good people who have vouched for me and I don't want them to look bad for doing so.

Again, you'll just have to take my word for it, but vouching and sticking your neck out for someone is something that's very sacred to me.

Is there anything I could do to prove to you that I won't just hardgrief again one day? Is there anything anyone could do?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it is granted right for the community to give its opinion in applications such as these and as a member of a Whitelist that requires a vast amount of trust to some degree; I am willing to give my positive feedback.

I don't have any direct relations to Jakkkk but I do know he stands for what is now, a good player. He is one of the few responsible for the Synthetic Whitelist and is well renowned for doing a good job for it and keeping its standards where they belong to. One is absolutely not to be judged for past mistakes, even then when they are trying to amend their wrongdoings of the past by investing themselves in the community as a player, Synthetic and Captain first and foremost, and, of course, a Councillor.

While his past mistakes surely paint a picture and are something pertinent, it shouldn't be used as a punishment at all. There are no doubts that he can do the job and deserves a chance on the spot, as an avid and once active player of CM, I wouldn't see how the new Jakkkk would forsake the rules and code of CM. That is my input as a player and as it could be seen in the application, I don't stand alone in this line of thinking.

Whitelists are an extent of trust and they always have been, there will always be doubts but they are only answered by trial.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 01-20-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jakkk is a long time player and member of the community, despite the pred SD incident I have always known him to deeply care for the game and playerbase as a whole. He was a mentor and acquired all three whitelists before his the incident. If he wasn't trusted not to pull another stunt again then frankly I don't see why he'd be given both his CO and synth whitelist back, as well as a position on the synth council. I give this app my full support, the community can always use more moderators like Jakkk.

+1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My name is Yuri Gennady Gregorovich and I support this app +1.

SDing as Pred killing marines is a rite of passage to be a full fledged xeno main staff so its good. Let the circle be complete and weed out the cursed marine mains from staff. After that, you come for CABAL.

On a more serious note though, I think you guys have admitted worser staff members than this and people have probably done worse things than SDing Briefing alone. As I am aware, you guys already have securites in place to avoid such measures. So why worry?

Can you explain EmeraldBlood? Basedoperator? Arent they what you call a security concern in your eyes?

What Jakk did is more of mischievousness as opposed to intent of malice.

Remember when Apop lost a pred duel to a marine he proceeded to abomb the marines?
    JakeTeaKing spawning 50 Aboms?
    Jerkface giving a fake zombie virus and laughed and watched as marines turn into chaos killing each other with Jamie?

Could use a staff with a sense of humour. If you dont trust him then dont entrust him with admin/manager then, although I would like to see him admin and do something.

I would categorise Jakk's action with those honestly as opposed to a person with malicious intent. But that is my opinion.

P.S, this guy doesnt blame anyone nor the gameplay being boring or devs. He straight up admitted it. To me, that shows he is to a degree responsible. When I read his appeal he didnt make a long cringe story about how CM devs made the game boring and forced him to do something fun.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 01-21-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.