Date of Incident
    January 17, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Katie Brooks

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Backsea

Accused Character Name
    Jacklyn Sahara

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Round started at 12:45pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4, Rule 3, Rule 14

Description of the incident:
    I will start from the beginning to offer as much context as possible.

At round start, I was the Executive Officer inspecting the ship. When walking into req, I noticed a door was missing and a lot of new unfinished walls were being worked on. When I asked the RO, Jacklyn, about this, they said that they were making the bar. I saw the CE was there, Windhealer, so I wasn't surprised. However, when I asked them if they got permission from the CO, they didn't clarify. After asking the CO, the CO let it be. So far, so good.

After an Ares announcement proclaimed Commodore Zhilov Igorev, the Captain, Aden Cooper, denied it through an announcement. I don't know what particularly caused req and engineering to get the Captain to pronounce them as mutiniers, but I was assigned to go detain the CE for the mutiny.

We went to req, since I knew that both parties were going to be there. However, since there was no confirmation of a mutiny from staff, I only geared up with an M41 and approached with an MP to go get the CE, who was the CO's main concern. Locating them in req, the CE immediately ran and we gave chase, losing them due to them slipping into maintenance.

The RO then announced in the command channel that MPs were not allowed in req. When I denied this action, since they don't have that kind of authority over the Marines, they said 'well I just did, loser'. Not only am I a superior officer, but they couldn't even provide a valid argument as to why the MPs couldn't go into req, who were harboring the CE.

After heading back into req since I knew Windhealer was going to come back, the MP disappeared around one of the walls with their baton out. I assume they saw Windhealer and took another route around the new walls to try to flank and secure him. I then heard M41 fire and saw a Charlie Marine on the ground, their pulse rifle out of their hand, and the MP trying to fend themself off as MTs, CTs, and a couple other personnel fought them. I then see the RO whip around the corner with the chef behind them wielding an L42, flash me multiple times, and drag me out of req. When I went to walk back in, I started hearing taser fire. Assuming it was the MP and already seeing other armed individuals cooperating against command, I took out my M41 and wielded it. I went to say something to try to defuse the situation, but then the RO got hit by a taser bolt from off screen. That is when she pulled out her revolver and immediately started shooting at the MP. I went to correct my message to tell her to stop, but then she started shooting me. Forgoing my message, I returned fire in an effort to save myself but was put into crit from both the RO and an MT with an smg, and then shortly killed after. The CMO walked in, seeing all of this, he called them all animals. The chef, now wielding an M41, shot the CMO and the CMO quickly disarmed the chef and shot back at them. The RO then fired at the CMO with her own revolver, putting him in crit.

While dead, the CO made an announcement saying that whoever killed the Commander was to turn themselves in. The RO, of course, did not do this.

After being revived, I found the RO. They then started running. I pulled out my M41 and told them to stop moving or I would shoot, as at this point the RO had murdered two Marines and almost a civilian. RO then pulled out a MK221 and wielded it. They then started firing at me and I returned fire. It was only after that I saw that they were firing beanbags, to which I then chased them down and disarmed them.

Overall, the RO was acting extremely out of character for a career officer, was improperly escalating on MULTIPLE people which resulted in their deaths, and even refused orders from the CO.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The RO shooting me before a shot was fired from myself or anyone else at her (start with the bottom image): https://imgur.com/a/mk1GHnv

How you would punish the accused:
    Jobban from RO for not acting in order, as well as a temporary ban from the server for a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I sorted my side into 4 short parts that were relevant to my side of the story.

I and others in the req and engineering departments ended up declaring my support for the Commodore because it was a transfer of command, it happens often irl and it was an actual event after Windhealer had ahelped. Captain thought we were mutineers after that, sending the MPs and XO after us. We went on the assumption that once the XO and MPs, since it was code red I assumed they all had red alert weapons and were going to result to using lethals on us. If it was an actual mutiny we would have demanded the CO step down because he isn't rightfully our commander any more, and if he didn't then we would result into fighting.

I denied the MPs access due to the fact that they supported someone who was, in my view, going against the High Commands choice of appointing Commodore Zhilov as the new Captain of the USS Almayer, I never was given a chance to make a statement really after due to being tasered thus resulting in the next part.

MPs did use non-lethals first but I drew my 44 and shot due to two factors, one being the fact we were considered a "mutiny" and thus lethals would be used against us realistically, the other being the fact that the XO had a M41 drawn already, if you're attempting to detain someone and you have a rifle drawn, a lethal weapon. I do admit maybe my actions against the CMO were a bit harsh but it was more done in a panic, I wasn't aware of who was friendly at all. I don't see myself as acting out of character but rather in character to preserve the chain of command with regards to the USCM.

Also I don't know why mention what others did, such as the CTs and MTs since I never ordered or told them of anything, they just randomly joined into the events as they transpired.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CE here

ARES announced that the Almayer was transferred to the command of this guy Zhilov, sensing the time for adventure, I decided to declare our departments support for him (Anti-bar sentiments in the CIC influenced our decision here, but mostly it was just because we wanted to have fun). I roped Sahara into this as req and engy were working together anyway and the CO declared as mutineers. We never brought up the M word ourselves, and we weren't even really doing anything except saying we had a new captain. Nonetheless, we got what we asked for and the MP's came knocking.

The XO brought a M41 pulse rifle and threatened with it which escalated the situation to a minimum standard of lethals, the XO could have gotten themselves a flash, or a beanbag shotgun but they didn't. So really I think Sahara was acting in self defence here, you came ready for a gunfight and a gunfight only, and sahara simply drew quicker and won. I'd also like to say that both marines AND MP's used lethals on me and my fellow MT's when I had only ever used non lethal beanbags. One MP even used buckshot to gun me down by cryo while I was firing beanbags back at them, they had many non lethal options available and I even told them during the firefight to stop using buckshot and they refused to relent. I ended up getting gunned down by marines and this MP and my body dragged to CIC, I don't think any of them got in trouble as it happened right at the end of the round.

Sahara wasn't acting out of character at all, we saw that a transfer of command had taken place and we decided to declare our loyalties to the new CO, getting involved in a RP thread that was thrown out by admins is not acting out of role. It really sounds like alot of this report is IC, yes the RO called you an idiot, being insulted is apart of the game and a ML rulebreak not a OOC one, why even mention that to try adding weight to this? Our only actions were talking on comms declaring our loyalties to the new captain, and we only started getting physical AFTER the CO ordered us all taken in. I also believe the CO ordered people to shoot me dead even though I had never once actually hurt anyone, but thats besides the point. Situations like this are difficult to escalate properly as everyone shipside has different levels of gear avaliable to them, which is why we were going out of our way to obtain beanbags. Once we got them thats all we used, why was it I had to break into the brig to get beanbags and arm all my fellows with them but you guys had access to beanbags from the start and never tried to use them. If anything YOUR side escalated improperly, you had far more access to non lethals than we

If their is any fault to be found with Sahara I'd like that shifted onto me and I take full responsibility for all the deaths that occurred, I was the one who roped Jacklyn into our "mutiny" afterall and I believe I was the one who told her to stay at requistions to get me a block of C4 while I went to break into brig to get non lethals, Saharas ONLY method of defence in the meantime was her pistol, you came to the fight armed with lethals (and no non lethal option, when you could have easily obtained one). At the end of the day, you guys all got revived anyway, the only one who got perma killed was me and everyone had a fun time with it, it was a chaotic round sure but thats what brings actual enjoyment and replayability to the game, especially for the more mundane shipside roles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Dreven;66862]The XO brought a M41 pulse rifle and threatened with it which escalated the situation to a minimum standard of lethals, the XO could have gotten themselves a flash, or a beanbag shotgun but they didn't. So really I think Sahara was acting in self defence here, you came ready for a gunfight and a gunfight only, and sahara simply drew quicker and won. I'd also like to say that both marines AND MP's used lethals on me and my fellow MT's when I had only ever used non lethal beanbags.[/QUITE]

To start out, I never took the M41 off my back prior to being flashed many times. And when I brought it out, the only word I could get out was "don't" when the MP started throwing taser shots around. That is when the RO started gunning people down and when I subsequently returned fire. Given how you weren't even there, I do not know at all how you would be able to clarify this. While it is true I had no lethals, I only arrived expecting to figure out what was going on and assess the situation and had intended to talk things out with you, who promptly ran at first sight of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Saharas ONLY method of defence in the meantime was her pistol, you came to the fight armed with lethals (and no non lethal option, when you could have easily obtained one).
    Her """""only"""""" defense was a custom M44. That isn't just a M4A3 pea shooter, that is one of the best pistols to use in any situation. You can even see from what I posted that the thing dropped me before my AP rifle could get them into crit. Not to mention there was an MT armed with a M39 and a Mess Sergeant with a M41, both brandishing and firing the weapons. Not to mention Joanna had no lethal gear. Don't try to make it seem like I was going in to club some baby seals. They had teeth and they sunk them into us.

At the end of the day, you guys all got revived anyway, the only one who got perma killed was me and everyone had a fun time with it, it was a chaotic round sure but thats what brings actual enjoyment and replayability to the game, especially for the more mundane shipside roles.
    Not only did the RO delay retrieving me, but they didn't even attempt to treat either the MP or me for injuries beyond a first aid autoinjector, which doesn't even work on DEAD bodies. I was close to perma when the doctor eventually revived me, and the MP was saved due to a PO proactively trying to treat their wounds. This isn't some innocent fun. I wasn't there to see the other actions of the MPs, but Joanna and I could have faired a lot worse.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start out, I never took the M41 off my back prior to being flashed many times. And when I brought it out, the only word I could get out was "don't" when the MP started throwing taser shots around. That is when the RO started gunning people down and when I subsequently returned fire. Given how you weren't even there, I do not know at all how you would be able to clarify this. While it is true I had no lethals, I only arrived expecting to figure out what was going on and assess the situation and had intended to talk things out with you, who promptly ran at first sight of me.

This kind of just strengthens my argument, the RO used non lethals and you escalated it from flash to pulse rifle, again, you could have got a flash yourself or obtained beanbags. Failure on your part IC to be ready isn't Saharas fault. When I ran at first sight of you I believe thats when I did a loop around maint, came back to req and saw the results of the battle, which is when I rushed to crack the brig to steal the beans. I clarified it because I spoke with Sahara after the round when you made this report? I'm sure logs will be posted soon that will show what happened exactly. Our side went to more effort to obtain YOUR non lethal beanbags that you didn't even attempt to use.

Her """""only"""""" defense was a custom M44. That isn't just a M4A3 pea shooter, that is one of the best pistols to use in any situation. You can even see from what I posted that the thing dropped me before my AP rifle could get them into crit. Not to mention there was an MT armed with a M39 and a Mess Sergeant with a M41, both brandishing and firing the weapons. Not to mention Joanna had no lethal gear. Don't try to make it seem like I was going in to club some baby seals. They had teeth and they sunk them into us.

Lethals is lethals man, making a poor choice in a pvp gun is on you. She was also well outnumbered wasn't she? Its funny that you say Joanna had no lethals, because later on Joanna was using buckshot to kill me by cryo when I was armed ONLY with beanbags. I even told her DURING the firefight that I was armed with beanbags, and others said it too, she didn't care and continued firing on me with buckshot. You drew the rifle after threatning to use it, and lost the ensuing shootout, I just really do not see how this isn't IC.

Not only did the RO delay retrieving me, but they didn't even attempt to treat either the MP or me for injuries beyond a first aid autoinjector, which doesn't even work on DEAD bodies. I was close to perma when the doctor eventually revived me, and the MP was saved due to a PO proactively trying to treat their wounds. This isn't some innocent fun. I wasn't there to see the other actions of the MPs, but Joanna and I could have faired a lot worse.
    The fact that the RO went to the effort of retrieving you and you still made this report to get them job banned is kinda kicking down hard man, they tried to help you as much as they could and as much as the situation allowed for. You had several MP's on and many officers, It is very reasonable to assume that the other bodies woulda been grabbed, Sahara also had to think of her own characters safety, as at this point I believe the CO just ordered us ALL to be shot. RO's dont typically carry a full lifesaver belt on them, what did you want them to do? They got you to medbay and you got revived, and if it wasn't for the RO you would have died permanently, thats alot more compassion than you guys showed to us later.

Literally all of this is IC, and I feel your only making this report because it didn't play out in your favour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to comment with regards to my involvement in the round as there was an event going on at the same time involving a genie.

The genie pretty much never actually left the planet the entire time and I had more or less no interaction with shipside crew, but Zhilov wished to be the captain of the almayer so I did an ARES announcement of ownership and spawned a set of commodore rank plates for him. That was my sole involvement in the report that I can see.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of just strengthens my argument, the RO used non lethals and you escalated it from flash to pulse rifle, again, you could have got a flash yourself or obtained beanbags. Failure on your part IC to be ready isn't Saharas fault. When I ran at first sight of you I believe thats when I did a loop around maint, came back to req and saw the results of the battle, which is when I rushed to crack the brig to steal the beans. I clarified it because I spoke with Sahara after the round when you made this report? I'm sure logs will be posted soon that will show what happened exactly. Our side went to more effort to obtain YOUR non lethal beanbags that you didn't even attempt to use.
    No, it doesn't strengthen the argument because up until that point I had done nothing to her. I didn't disarm her. I didn't grab her. I didn't punch her. I couldn't even speak to her. When I was able to see again, all I saw was a room full of guys with guns so I pulled my own out. You can even see that she hit me before I even fired, meaning they escalated to lethals. They even admit this, saying they thought I was going to shoot them.

Lethals is lethals man, making a poor choice in a pvp gun is on you. She was also well outnumbered wasn't she? Its funny that you say Joanna had no lethals, because later on Joanna was using buckshot to kill me by cryo when I was armed ONLY with beanbags. I even told her DURING the firefight that I was armed with beanbags, and others said it too, she didn't care and continued firing on me with buckshot. You drew the rifle after threatning to use it, and lost the ensuing shootout, I just really do not see how this isn't IC.
    She wasn't outnumbered. She, the chef, the Charlie squad Marine, and the MT that were all armed well outnumbered the weaponless MP and me. Again, stop making up shit about a situation you were never a part of. You were not there and therefore could not have seen anything that went down. It's in the rules that you cannot comment on player reports outside of what you, yourself, were involved in.

The fact that the RO went to the effort of retrieving you and you still made this report to get them job banned is kinda kicking down hard man, they tried to help you as much as they could and as much as the situation allowed for. You had several MP's on and many officers, It is very reasonable to assume that the other bodies woulda been grabbed, Sahara also had to think of her own characters safety, as at this point I believe the CO just ordered us ALL to be shot. RO's dont typically carry a full lifesaver belt on them, what did you want them to do? They got you to medbay and you got revived, and if it wasn't for the RO you would have died permanently, thats alot more compassion than you guys showed to us later.
    No, they really didn't. They flashed me and dragged me out of req when I was trying to look for you, was insulting multiple times, and even outright killed the MP and me. That's not being helpful. The only thing they did was make sure I could be revived. And the other body was grabbed by the PO. I don't know who got the CMO, but I saw no one from the hostile group other than the RO attempt to rectify the situation.

That second part about me showing you no compassion is, again, irrelevant and was in no way my fault. Joanna and I were out of action after the fight due to the massive damage taken and I had to go through surgery twice. Again, stay relevant.

Literally all of this is IC, and I feel your only making this report because it didn't play out in your favour.
    I am going to ignore the fact that this last bit is not being inserted in good faith and respond by saying that I am making the report because I don't want a situation like this happening again. I have spoken to Backsea regarding the situation outside of the report and we are on good terms. You, on the other hand, are the only one doubling down on the situation and trying your best to make me look like the bad guy with your twisting the story, implying that this is a salty report, the constant reference to you being mistreated by parties allied with mine (but not mine), the defense of actions you did not and could not have seen, and the constant shifting of the blame to me regardless of my own actions. That is all I will have to say about the subject and will wait for logs.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more arguing please. Wait until logs are posted.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    logs will be posted within the day
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Red is Backsea, Green is Guprei]

Windhealer requests the ability to build a bar in requisitions.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Guprei encounters the construction of a bar in requsitions
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Guprei goes to the captain
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Captain confronts the construction
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Guprei notices neglect of duties in place of the bar
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Zhilikov encounters the genie
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Requsitions Bar members react and declare allegiance to the new captain

Spoiler Spoiler:

Captain organises MPs and CIC staff

Spoiler Spoiler:

Backsea comes back from SSD, responds to windhealer

Spoiler Spoiler:

The hunt for the CE before arrest
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Windhealer gives the MPs the slip, and goes back to req + captain tries to give the commander more support
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Combat in requsitions
    Spoiler Spoiler:

after death talk
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Further gunfire in Requsitions
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Announcement telling the person who killed the commander to turn themself in + Windhealer gets beanbags
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Further combat with windhealer & Joanna Baryka over the beanbag shotgun stash
    Spoiler Spoiler:

You'll have to excuse the lack of colour after this, It's very late and I want this done today

Guprei is revived, Backsea wants to clear marines out of requsitions
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[14:03:40]GAME: Round end result: Marine Major Victory

Guprei tries to subdue Backsea after round end.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby