Approximate time and date of the incident
    08:00 21.01.2021
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

Remain Professional, no matter what happens

Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    This incident is a part of a thing that has been happening over the last 3? or so days.

It all started 3 days ago when solidfury7 warned me for using name "Marks Skid" that in his opinion broke the Rule 12 (other staff member has disagreed with the ruling, and trying to contact managers for some closure on the whole accident, via discord PM's was met with radio silence, not to mention that a staff was also pinged about it on discord and did not say anything about the whole situation).
    I was quite upset about the situation as I have been using that name for nearly half a year, have put over 300 hours after the playtime resets, I was also using the same name on discord (racking up 1500 messages), I have even gotten warns for other things while using it, clearly showing that other staff members did not mind it.

And why is it relevant? Well during my conversations with solidfury7 (in which ones I was rightfully agitated), he tried to convince me that "Staff is not omnipotent, and it had to slip under the radar", which given the setting is ridiculous, even ignoring the fact that anybody spectating has the option to use the 'FOLLOW' function to check the names of everybody present in the round, saying what he said in that situation was just plainly wrong. After that when he has seen I was agitated he provoked me further offering clearly fake compassion saying stuff like " You know, 5 years ago I used a name XXXXXXX that broke the Rule 12 'Ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed'", which even now sounds stupid to me as his name was reffering to arthurian legends, and arguably was more warn-worthy, as there is nothing in the rule that clearly (without leaving much to interpretation of current staff) bars me from using the name "Marks Skid".

Summerizing, it would be nice if staff enforcing arguably ancient and strict rule, did not demean the offender with stories that are on the same level as parents saying to a kid that their dog ran away while in reality it died, it just isn't a good look for a person that has power over someone.

Thus after calming myself down I have changed my name to "Markus Skid", ( and ahelped other staff), came back to play.

Now few hours ago, a trialmod Schalkguy, messaged me that the name "Markus Skid" is still supposedly breaking the rule 12, (even tho arguably Marks Skid didn't break it), and that I should change it. But this time it was fishy, as it happend the next round after I got warned for "being mean to mod". So I guess it's time for some more context.

During a round after planetside was evacced, me and other marine were dragging bodies from alamo to medbay, medbay was unmanned, and there were only two people shipside who were able to defib, so the other marine announced on comms to the researchers that they should get their asses to medbay, after his calls being ignored, he went to get them himself, when he managed to drag them to the scene (which took a while) many of the marines went DNR. Thus he threatened to punch them for every marine that died, after they managed to save only 2 out of 7? soldiers, he proceeded to do as he told, and started punching researchers one punch for one death, meanwhile I also punched and shoved said doctors ( we didn't even get them to 1/2th of their health). During our lynch grimreaperx announces in MOOC stuff that could only be interpretted as "I just came here, if you don't stop you will get banned", which in my eyes is a clear abuse of power, given he has no idea about the situation and he is already trying to solve an IC, roleplay issue with OOC punishment. Me and the other party involved complain about the threatening in OOC, and given that I there was already bad taste left by staff in my mouth, I got a bit snarky and ironic, and got a warned for it.

While the warn I got for being snarky towards stuff makes sense, but the aforementioned warn by Schalkguy that I got at roundstart, right after the other warn, is really fishy. I have some experiance with other small communities and I know very well how nepotic and biased people can get.
    I know I can get snarky IC and OOC, but in this case I can only feel like I am being targeted and punished for things unrelated to the reasons given in warns. I feel like I have stepped on a foot of somebody that is part of some admeme ingroup.

And it's not like I am going on schizo rants here, there are people out there that are clearly breaking rule 12 and arguably other RP rules like 6, and nothing is done to them, even after trying to report them I was met with silence from other staff, some examples:

Cassandara Reed

Chris. P Vacon

Cooper Morgan

Levi Garrett

Klaes ashford

Shawn Moore

Wallace Jenkins

I am not trying to snitch. I am trying to get closure, clearance and justice. I feel like I have been wronged by certain staff members, that while actively trying to make me miserable, spouted fake compassion or bullshit about them doing this for the good of communtiy and demanding respect, while in reality being completely out of touch with people outside of their ingroup, proven by how different staff members did not mind me using the name "Marks Skid", and given how the same staff that was so "strict" about that rule with me was not willing to enforce it on other people, even after providing required evidence in ahelps.
    Evidence
    logs
    How you would punish the accused
    In a perfect situation the trio of staff who abused me and their power should have it stripped.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually reports are very clearly indicating what they are complaining about, though with yours, I'm not so certain. Why is the fight mentioned in this if you complain about the warning for the name? What is relevant now? What do you complain about?

The fight and being warned for it, or just the name?

Pulling logs for this one by the way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've talked with Eld0rado on numerous occasions about his situation, and he seems like a reasonable person while we were talking about his name note, and him ahelping other player's names. In the conversations, we've had he's just upset because his name that he has used for a long time was deemed unreasonable by Rule 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfanner View Post
    Usually reports are very clearly indicating what they are complaining about, though with yours, I'm not so certain. Why is the fight mentioned in this if you complain about the warning for the name? What is relevant now? What do you complain about?

The fight and being warned for it, or just the name?

Pulling logs for this one by the way.
    Sorry if I worder it purly, the warn that preceeded the second one about my name had to deal with me being ironic and snarky towards staff in OOC, and it was absolutely justified. I mentioned it, because at next roundstart right after receving it, I got another warn about my now modified name, so from my perspective it looked really fishy, it stank of staff metagrudging me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eld0rado View Post
    Sorry if I worder it purly, the warn that preceeded the second one about my name had to deal with me being ironic and snarky towards staff in OOC, and it was absolutely justified. I mentioned it, because at next roundstart right after receving it, I got another warn about my now modified name, so from my perspective it looked really fishy, it stank of staff metagrudging me.
    So are you complaining about you being warned for the name or for Grimreaper MOOCing you all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfanner View Post
    So are you complaining about you being warned for the name or for Grimreaper MOOCing you all?
    About the name.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the name.

LEGEND:
    Staff responding is YELLOW. Eld0rado is RED.

18th January 2021

Eld0rado is contacted by SolidFury7 without any prior Ahelp made about the name. An argument ensues:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Four hours later, Eld0rado makes an Ahelp in which he tries to report a player with the name "Klaes Ashford", visibly out of spite from the earlier staff chat. Eld0rado does not respond to the PM in any way:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another two hours later, Eld0rado is seen making yet another report against a player, this time with the name of Chris P. Vacon, which clearly is an anagram for Crispy Bacon:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

After this, there is three days of nothing happening relating to Eld0rado making Ahelps because of Rule 12.

21th January 2021

On this day, Schalkguy PMs Eld0rado about his name again. As Eld0rado initially doesn't respond to his PMs, Schalkguy puts him to sleep which then prompts an argument between the two:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

This is the last entry relating to Eld0rado being messaged about his name. This also concludes the logs for it. There are no logs of him being PM'd about the name before the 18th.
    Last edited by Pfanner; 01-21-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report is all over the place, you are supposedly reporting Schalkguy however half of your report and your resolution is regarding other staff.

In this report, you use extremely loaded and baseless language, despite the logs showing that everyone in interactions has been respectful and polite to you, however, your report assumes that this is some kind of conspiracy against you as a player and a person, despite the fact that I personally knew nothing about you, other than you are decently robust.

This "fake compassion" is your perceived projection of our attitudes, as your behaviour in our interactions and since then have shown you have problems with authority. The "fake compassion" I gave was talking about a 2-year-old character called Arthur King, named after King Arthur, which I was made to change after rules tightened, that was many years ago, more recently, I was told to change my grandfathered-in nickname 'Mengele'(which I received as part of an in-game event, aka Dinkles Dozen event series), as it broke the rules, I complied because I want to be consistent with the rules that the players have to follow. So, I could genuinely sympathise that it does suck but, you are quite literally named after shit-stained underwear.The whole argument you put forward that:

"This obscure celebrity/character from x country/book hasn't been punished at the same level as pun-names!"

A pun name, such as Mike Hunt or Mike Cock, is far more obvious and intended to be an LRP nickname, than something like a "Charles Mathews" (18th-century British actor) who has a generic name and an extremely niche, low visibility on the recognisability scale. The latter cases normally take more time to handle, as they are passed to management usually who make a judgement call.

This has occurred, since you contacted me on discord, regarding certain names, as staff will confirm.

Your argument that the rules are not defined in extreme depth, in an "old-style marine law" method is so that staff can handle situations like this as intended, it is not perfect but it is so effective that we have also implemented it in Marine Law. The spirit of the rules makes it clear that names such as yours are a breach, you even admitted that it is a pun based on the slang term, merely inverted.

The argument that your slang-name for shit-stained underwear wasn't noticed isn't a get-out-of-punishment card, we have had people name themselves slang for naughty words in other languages which equally slipped under the radar for some time until someone who knew of the slang or translation noticed it.

Ultimately, your actions and words show your true intent with this report, the conclusion alone, which wants three people removed from staff for enforcing a rule you knew about, shows that you have a seriously warped view of what is going on behind the scenes, or you've got a victimisation complex.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You admitted yourself that your name is just a play on skid marks. Making it inverted doesn't make it okay. The rule says no offensive, memey names, and that is definitely memey.

Chris P. Vacon should've been talked to as it's another play on words, so I'll have a talk with a moderator about it.

Resolved, no action taken. Find a different name.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.