User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ice vs. Sorokyne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sissy marines never knew how to flank so they called ice trash. Ice is always nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Also smoke nades? xD Xenos can SEE THROUGH SMOKE xD
    smoke grenades stop Boiler bombardment both inside and past the smoke cloud as they need a direct line of sight to the tile they're attempting to launch a glob to.
    it's a really niche usage, but it can save lives with proper timing.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICE: Perfect, lovely, amazing, bring it back into the pool.
    Soro: Quite good, decently balanced after that rework, the lag is sad though.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Ice

(Biased Pred Opinion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throwing my name into the bucket of posts saying to bring back ice. Really wasn't that bad of a map imo. Was fun.
    Community Mentor
    Began 2/17/2021

Sergeant Major Poppy Castlebrook
    Marie Auburn
    August Lancaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just like ice cuz you can throw M15s down ladders and destroy basically everything down there then get 10 marines to go down at the same time
    Medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

episode 4 chicken man strike bacc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice will remain nice and whoever brings it back can expect eternal respect from us all. people these days will complain all about the lack of RP and immersion but once they experience the true immersion of a hellish 2 hour Ice round they'll start talking all about game balance and the meta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soro really needs work

LZ1 needs a complete revamp to make it less claustrophobic and cramped. It is WAY too small for even just 80ish marines.
    LZ2 is pretty nice, but there is too much snow on the main supply routes for marines, and a little too much clutter which ruins possible holding positions. Snow itself still wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take ages to actually remove it.
    Soro's snowstorms were also a neat idea but they turned into something debilitating for marines and totally ignorable for xenos - slowing marines down, slowly hurting them constantly, and reducing their vision everywhere, but not quite enough to be more than an annoyance. It's something that could have been an interesting feature but just got sidelined and now seems to exist as an afterthought rather than an actual gameplay centerpiece.

But the real big problem with soro is that its incredibly laggy and this makes the entire map just not that fun to play.

Ice kinda sucked, but I'd still play ice when it happened. It was usually a xeno win thanks to poor map design (that could still have been easily mitigated with some small changes - mostly underground to make it less claustrophobic) but at least it wasn't laggy. Ice is better if only for that reason alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I dont like both maps that much, true they both have cool aspects to them soro has the weather, ice has the underground so no fire support at time. But in the time I have played both maps I feel like they both are mostly zeno sided, pretty laggy, and can be long ass rounds.
    The only time I can recall I had 'Fun' on ice was back last year when I still new to CM, we were underground and pushing back and forth south of LZ 2. In the end we the marines won that game but it went on for like 3 hours almost with a nuke win.
    The only time I can recall I had 'Fun' on soro was like 2 weeks ago when I was playing as a lurker killing solo marines in between FOB and the front line. That round was not very long but was meh, nothing too super fun.