User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite map?

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice Colony will always be in my heart. Trijent as Survivor.

But uh, I'd go with any map besides LV at this point. At least on other maps people TRY to do maneuvers, LV for some reason lowers everyone's IQ and they just rush down a single damn chokepoint instead of pushing down the other 50 of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Ice Colony will always be in my heart. Trijent as Survivor.

But uh, I'd go with any map besides LV at this point. At least on other maps people TRY to do maneuvers, LV for some reason lowers everyone's IQ and they just rush down a single damn chokepoint instead of pushing down the other 50 of them.
    LV is THE most boring map in existence. Literally regardless of LZ used, take hydro, charge north. The end.

Every other map needs some kind of strategy, tactics, decide where to fortify, what chokepoint to hold, but LV? Just fight in an open barren land. At least they could add some structures to the barrens to make it interesting.

Refinery is nice as it's new and it legit has multiple approaches as a marine and a xeno too.

As for favorite, Ice hands down. It had it's problems and yet I find it exponentially more interesting than any of the other maps.

Prison is also nice, I just wish that there would be no corridor around west LZ but big rooms. It would make it more interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trijent Dam. Provides an actual objective currently in the form of fixing the spicy water. It's nice and big and provides fun for all roles. Maps like LV are alright, but god forbid you want to play CAS PO on that, your game is over once the marines push into caves. You can play something like CAS PO on Trijent Dam and be involved the entire match.
    Community Mentor
    Began 2/17/2021

Sergeant Major Poppy Castlebrook
    Marie Auburn
    August Lancaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV makes me drool on the keyboard, Solaris makes me drop my studies just to get a round in

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trijent is pretty based, yeah. Although sometimes it can be very fast. 12:36 marine major be like.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ice because its nice
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solaris (Versatile)
    Ice (The few times I've played it)
    Trijent (Still fresh to me)
    Sorokyne (For the STALKER blowout)
    LV (Kinda boring, but it's a comfy kinda boring)
    Prison (Better since the rework)
    CORSAT (It's just...meh)
    in that order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice sucked for marines but was great for survs. The frantic scramble to the underground armory was never boring.

The colony was big as well, which made use of radios a must for survs. Plenty of fond memories where you were rushing to save a fortified surv in cargo who's screaming bloody murder over the radio. Sometimes you'd actually get to rescue him, and sometimes you were too late and his cries for help would go silent. Then all you heard over the radio was a bunch of chittering xenos. Good times.