opinion of free xeno larva during hijack

every 60 second. a free larva get pooled

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    every 60 second. a free larva get pooled
    You're gonna have to explain some more chief, that uh, was a bit brief.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's say. every 60 second during a shuttle hijack starting from the moment the queen launch the shuttle. 1 larva get added to spawn pool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a good change. It feels to me personally like a "Xenos win button" without the game just going to the End Round screen. For me, the argument of "Oh, if the marines kill the pool, it'll be fine" falls flat, because if the marines managed to push and engage the dropship fortifications enough to destroy structures, the marines already would have won at that point 9 times out of 10. I would rather this particular change be removed, but failing that, change the SD mechanics to reduce the time it takes to both arm and hold out for the SD rods.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I feel like this just kills the purpose of the hijack phase. I mean, it's like, why kill the xenos if they just respawn? Might as well just evac and try to end the round quicker. I liked when I could go CO and pull off really stupid strategies like space flanking and stuff, and then somehow win, and it would be based. But now we can't.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing a round where the Queen literally just headed for the DS, got on board, and started sieging the ship with the unlimited Xenos...I kind of changed my tune.

I still think that it's a potentially interesting method of creating pressure but it needs to be fleshed out or it needs to be after a certain period, then the Xenos get larva. It would at least put a damper on scum-rushing the DS for those easy, free spawns.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the thing with it is that it's by no mean a bad mechanic but just like everything new. until you try it out you won't find out what is the problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine as a placeholder until lifeboats get in. I absolutely despise sieging the FOB for 1 hour planetside only to come up shipside and having to do it again for 25 minutes, or more if the game is lagging, which it always is. Hell, I'd prefer that there is no "shipside phase" at all and just let the dropship cause an end game screen when it crashes, but that's just me. If anything, minute larva just makes the shipside phase actually interesting for both sides instead of just having xeno (already weakened by planetside siege) uselessly siege briefing or SD hold because they no longer have the number to break the defense while getting DDOS'd by ranged fire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    Oh, if the marines kill the pool, it'll be fine
    Except it's not fine as discussed earlier. If you destroy the pool there is no penalty. Any xeno will just de-evolve to a drone and place a new pool instantly and the free-larva spam continues forever.

By that time xenos control the ship so they will place it where ever they please. By the time you even walk there you are going to have 5 fresh defenders waiting for you.

Horrible, horrible update. Holding SD or a hopeless briefing last-stand was really exciting and they tore that away from us. Horrible choice which was not put to a vote as I'm sure 80%+ of players hate this change.