User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opinion of free xeno larva during hijack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mfw marines push the dropship destroy the pool.

larva comes out of the pool and escapes into the vents, then becomes a drone and places a new spawn pool somewhere on the ship.

drone evos to queen and marines lose shipside

well done gamers
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This change was made for the same reason as lifeboats are being created. As a way to prevent marines from "winning" shipside.

I personally never unsterstood the reason behind those changes and some of my most favourite and remembered rounds ended by winning a holdout on the ship. Both these larva pool chage and the lifeboat update are a way to forcefuly make xenos win the fight on the ship and prevent marines from mounting a defence. As of right now, defending any place on the ship is pointless for the reasons already said by other people on this thread. Where before i loved to defend the ship to the last man, now i find myself just calling evac before the xenos even crash as there is no point in prolonging the round now by trying to mount a defence against an endless horde.

I really hope that when lifeboats come out there will be an option to NOT SD the ship automaticaly to allow marines to clear the ship.

In any way both these changes are addressing issues that don't exist and i have yet to meet anyone who likes it. (Besides xeno mains that is)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a terrible idea to have it added.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    This change was made for the same reason as lifeboats are being created. As a way to prevent marines from "winning" shipside.

I personally never unsterstood the reason behind those changes and some of my most favourite and remembered rounds ended by winning a holdout on the ship. Both these larva pool chage and the lifeboat update are a way to forcefuly make xenos win the fight on the ship and prevent marines from mounting a defence. As of right now, defending any place on the ship is pointless for the reasons already said by other people on this thread. Where before i loved to defend the ship to the last man, now i find myself just calling evac before the xenos even crash as there is no point in prolonging the round now by trying to mount a defence against an endless horde.

I really hope that when lifeboats come out there will be an option to NOT SD the ship automaticaly to allow marines to clear the ship.

In any way both these changes are addressing issues that don't exist and i have yet to meet anyone who likes it. (Besides xeno mains that is)
    How are lifeboats gonna be useful if there are 50 xenos at hijack doe

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Memesky
    true...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shipside defenses are glorious. I don't mind speeding them up (prob a good idea honestly) but they should still be reasonably winnable, maybe to counteract the higher larva count, req unlocks their deep storage and just starts spitting out the big guns so everyone goes hard and don't come home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    horrible idea as long as xenos can just rebuild the pool when its destroyed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy who made the change is MRing this https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/colonial-w...e_requests/765
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why wtf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The guy who made the change is MRing this https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/colonial-w...e_requests/765
    This is all well and good but in the long run it doesn't fix anything. Yes it makes it easier to push the first pool but it still removes a way to effectively fight xenos on the ship. You only need one larva to escape and make the pool somewhere else and now it has 30s larva spawn and you don't even know where it is.

These changes are still gamebreaking for marine side. Making it impossible to hold up behind defences and very hard to actually push and clear the xenos. The only way you can win with these changes is to charge the xenos as soon as they land and never loose initiative until you hunt them all down. Something that can be nearly impossible, depending on how many marines make it back from the planet.

These changes are leaving marines with basicaly two choices. Either fuck the whole shipside defence phase and just evac for a new round since defending is pointless without a chance to win. Or never evac from the ground and send all non essential personel (CTs, MTs, OTs, etc) to fight to the death hoping to break throught the xenos on the planet. The second option will end up with many more marines dead but at least it has a chance of sucess.

I REALLY REALLY hate the fact that for some reason you devs decided that marines winning on the ship is bad. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Sure briefing holds are pain for the xenos, i get it. But giving one side a decisive advantage and basicaly deciding that they win every time is no way to go about solving this issue.

I for one, refuse to let the other side win just because game mechanics and developers think it should be so. And i believe many players are with me in that we will do everything we can to go around these mechanics. Be it the spawning pool or the upcomming lifeboats. Nobody wants to loose a chance to win on the ship as a marine and if pooled larva or lifeboats make forced xeno win a necessity then the playerbase will naturaly try to find a way around that. Resulting in more restrictions in turn.

If the devs plan to keep this course, they may as well remove the hijack phase entirely because the effect will be the same.