Byond ID?
    Fortelian

CM Character?
    Salvador Kepplinger

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was a discord mod (not here). I'm currently a senior mentor on this server.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Eh, used to play /tg/ but not anymore. Fulp every once in a blue moon, same with aurora.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, citadel, for spraying people with impedgrazine (I was really new :^( and bay for losing connection to server as antag, both really long ago.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If he got disarmed and his gun discharged, well, that's pretty obviously an accident. If he accidently shot a person once, and apoligzed, it could also just be a misclick, however, if he shot someone intentionally, then that would not be good.

I'd PM him and ask him why he shot the person, and PM the victim for their side of the story. Investigate the incident, and check notes if I believe the shot(s) was intentional, then apply a ban/note if necessary. However, if he was following proper escalation, then I don't believe punishment would be needed. It could be that he was new, and if that was the case, then I would get ask the SEA to help teach him. Finally, I would aheal the player, if they needed it, so that they don't miss first drop or something because of a griefer, but that's only if this was a rule break. If it was escalated, then no aheal.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would tell him that predators are not under staff jurisdiction in matters regarding the honor code, and that should be brought up with the respective whitelist council. I would also link him to the report form if he needed it, as well as a reminder that any reports after 48 hours will not be accepted.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Probably a new chap. I'd ask an SEA to help teach him, or just help him myself if I'm not busy. I'd also PM him, linking him a guide to the rules that way he doesn't go breaking any. I'd also send him the marine quick start guide. It's important to help out new players because otherwise they're gonna have no clue what's going on and not want to come back.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd ask him to calm down and make a staff report if he does not appreciate how I'm doing. I would however, be asking for input from other staff to make sure I am following procedure (which I plan to do while I'm a tmod at least). Usually I like to solve things in PMs so we don't need to take it to the forums, but some players can be stubborn, which is understandable if they're feeling frustrated. I might also have to apply a note or warning if he keeps it up, since this is a violation of rule 0.2.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the guy named John Doe and link him to our rules reminding him that the name John Doe isn't allowed, nor are any names of celebrities or anyone famous, then ask them if they want a new name, or if they just wish to cryo. Also apply a note, and ban depending on their history regarding naming rules. If he were new, then I'd see if I could help teach him, or get an SEA to.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Seeing as this is just a basic breach of SOP, it would be an IC issue that MPs could deal with, however, if they were actually causing harm, then I would PM them and apply a note/ban depending on context. Like, if they shot an MP to death for trying to arrest them. I probably wouldn't bother telling MPs about him either, if he were just breaking SOP, because it's up to them to find out. Now, if someone were shooting up CIC, that's another story.

However, I believe in this context, it's just meant to be that there is an MT running around with this gear, which, as long as they aren't like, spamming comms with "LET'S BLAST SOME BENOS" or trying to be LRP, it should be OK.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM the survivor and explain that survivors cannot be hostile. I mean, these marines are saving you. Even if they wanted to act hostile from the get-go, it's still a rule break. I would apply a note/ban based on history, and possibly aheal the marine if that's under procedure. Now, if it were properly escalated, then that should be OK, but if he just said "I am evil" and killed the marine, that would be griefing. Also, I know there's a new nightmare thing with UPP but I am unaware of any exceptions, I'd assume they're hostile because they are UPP, and I believe there is an exception for them, but I am not officially aware of any such rule, as I've never played the nightmare role myself.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP asking them their side of the story, and make sure the player didn't leave out any important facts, like, if he tried escaping while brigged, which is a capital crime, or if he tried to kill a CT while getting the attachment. However, if the MP just messed up marine law, then I would note/ban them depending on history and possibly get an SEA to help them, or help them myself if they are a newer player. It is important that MPs understand how crucial it is to follow marine law as an MP. I have had to arrest many MPs in my old MPing days

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Make a queen mother announcement that I lust for blood and demand the xenomorphs take the dropship and drive the weak talls out of our galaxy. Also remind them in XOOC that if they hijack it's a win no matter what. Also, ya know, we get one larva per minute, so if xenos are smart they can win. It's boring if no one is doing anything. However, if people are interacting with each other and having fun roleplaying or something, then I might just leave this alone, if we're allowed to do that. As long as no one is bored out of their mind, then I think it's OK.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I'm involved in this, I couldn't handle it myself, so I would ahelp for another staff member. Then, in LOOC I would ask them if they're new and need help, and help them out if I wasn't busy medicing. I know that sometimes people don't know that pills take a few seconds to suggest, so this might very well be a new player. Also, not everyone scans before pilling, if they've scanned the person already, and they may not know that the scanner's screen does not automatically update.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would PM the CLF player that fighting between hostile parties is still acceptable. For example, if a marine shot a predator, that's OK, but if a marine shot their friend, then they'd get EORG banned. Basically, EORG only applies to same party members. If two CLF guys shot each other, that would be EORG, but CLF v. USCM is OK.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would mark it and tell then I am investigating, then PM the player and ask them to stop it. Round start shenanigans shouldn't be occurring, and being a great annoyance to the marine side, to the point someone is ahelping you, shouldn't be happening either. I'd then possibly apply a note depending on how severe it was, for roundstart shenanigans. If he has a history of doing this, then a ban might be in place, per escalation.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would investigate, to make sure this was true, then inform the murderer about our escalation rules, and ask that he give them a re-read. I would then give them a note/ban depending on history. Killing someone for punching you is not OK. Killing someone for trying to mag dump you for no reason is, as long as you don't try to seek out revenge after the matter was settled.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Ask mutineers to stop, and that if they want to join the mutiny they need to ahelp it, and go to the mutiny leader to get the mutineer status. Pretty sure that's how it works mechanically, if not, then I'd just manually give anyone wants to mutiny the mutineer status. Also, if they kept trying to breach then I would toss another MOOC or two, then asleep the area.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If they're keeping it IC, and not causing harm, I believe it's OK, but if they're using slurs or anything of that sort, or leaning on the fence, then I'd tell them to tone it down, and if they kept it up, then I believe a note/ban depending on history.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Clearly griefer/new player. Check notes, and most likely apply a short ban, simply because the severity of the issue, however a heavy warning might do if they logged off, I'd check with online staff.

I think an incident like this is one where we won't be expecting that player (or at least their ckey) to show up again, due to the abnormality of their action. As in, they just griefed, for the sake of griefing.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd PM them asking them why they did that, and check notes. If they have a history of sabotaging the hive, a ban might be in place, or a heavier warning. If they were new, I might apply a note explaining that they were new and didn't realize what they were doing, then direct them to the quickstart guide and rules page.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the player that insulting the queen isn't allowed because that's like insulting yourself, except you're a complex hivemind that doesn't waste time insulting itself. Also, saying AYYLMAO and REEEEEE isn't allowed because that's LRP. Apply a note or ban depending on history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelper that according to current roleplay standards, xenomorphs can call human things what they are in English, because the xeno hivemind is just a translation. So, if they called a rocket launcher, a rocket launcher, that's OK, because that's how they perceive it. A thing that launches rockets. Calling a dropship a dropship is OK because they know there is a spaceship in the sky, and that marines are getting down here with it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I myself once got PMd for this very thing, however, I had received a fax from survivors explaining that there were aliens, so it was Ok for me to know, and the mod agreed with me in that case. So, I would check to see if they had a reason to know, such as a fax from the survivors. If not, then just a reminder about our roleplay standards and contact standards. Because I think this is a really minor issue, I might not even apply a note, however, if that's required then it'd probably just be a pretty light note. However, if they were the CO/XO (senior officer) and going around saying "GET READY TO BLAST SOME BENOS" then it might be more severe, because senior officers/NCOs shouldn't be doing stuff like that.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is indeed a tricky question. From what I have been informed by staff however, it is OK in the right context. For example, if you're holding out fine, then you shouldn't do it, but if you think your life is really in danger, then you can do it, but you shouldn't just run in and blast them, you should give them at least a chance to surrender first, and try to roleplay it to an acceptable standard.

So, if he did follow these standards, it should be OK, but if he just PBd the guy when pods were holding, especially if there was another pod he could have taken, then that could be griefing. If the victim ahelped it, then I would PM the player who killed him that what he did was OK (if it was) but that he should be careful in situations like this. Well, if we're allowed to PM players like that, that is.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ask them to take a chill pill, and that if they have a problem with me, they can talk to me directly. Could be considered a breach of rule 0.2, but I don't plan on enforcing that if I'm not required to since I like to resolve things myself. If I am required to enforce it however, then a note/warning or ban depending on history and severity. If he stopped when I asked him to, then that should settle it. Sometimes people get angry, and you just gotta let them cool down.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would mark it and tell him that I feel bad for him, because that's rough bud, but I can't really do anything because the xenos got him fair and square, and it wouldn't be OK to aheal him. I'd suggest he try to be somewhere safe when he disconnects, and, while I know that isn't really always possible, perhaps travelling in groups, and letting others know when you're game is laggy even (although sometimes your game will crash even when you have like, 0 ping)

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Confront them in msay and give them my two cents on the issue. If they don't listen to me, then I'd contact a manager, and give them my two cents. I know this is a short answer, but there's not really a lot I can do here, because it's not like I can ban them or anything, and I'm not sure what the policy is on overruling equal ranking staff.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I can't really do anything here, because they took the situation, so, if I think someone broke procedure I could just ask the manager to look into it, but before I do that, probably just talk to them and see if we can sort it out. However, seeing as I'll probably be a tmod/mod when this happens, I'm probably gonna respect their decision.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I want to respond to faxes and stuff, and be able to help people out even more than I can as a mentor. Also, I think it would be neat to be a mod. I like hanging out in dchat or lobby just chilling and answering mhelps. Maybe I can do the same with ahelps.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Understanding. As a senior mentor I have learned how to be really understanding of new players, who simply don't know better. Getting shot is part of the job. You need to be understanding, and recognize when someone intentionally griefs, compared to when someone just didn't know better.

Anything else you
    I hope I got everything right here. I don't really know staff procedure, so I hope I can learn that well when I work with y'all. Also, I apologize for any short answers. I tried to answer to the best of my ability, without artificial bloat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

yea
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fortelian is a very nice man. definitely worth it
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kepplinger is super reliable and knows their CM inside and out. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the man, good dude and trustworthy, best of luck
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the support so far chaps
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll review this tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i am sad seeing Forte joining the dark side he is one of a very few people i trust to be a really good moderator. His game knowledge is legendary and he is trustworthy and professional while still remaining fun.

This is my first vote on a staff application and its an easy and huge +1

PS: Enjoy him stealing every ahelp in a split second like he does with mhelps

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    While i am sad seeing Forte joining the dark side he is one of a very few people i trust to be a really good moderator. His game knowledge is legendary and he is trustworthy and professional while still remaining fun.

This is my first vote on a staff application and its an easy and huge +1

PS: Enjoy him stealing every ahelp in a split second like he does with mhelps
    Thanks for the support bud, and you bet I'll snag those ahelps. But also I will still be marking all your mhelps. Gonna make mentors obsolete with my speed.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based on prior experience as a SEA main and everything else I've done within CM I can vouch for and even volunteer to train him if he gets accepted here is y9our +1 and good luck Glory to the USCMC!
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219