Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trucks don't fit the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trucks don't fit the game

Came back after a break and they're somehow still not removed

I thought it was agreed upon that vehicles don't fit cm, and that the only reason why tank and APC are still in the game is because certain devs put a lot of hard work into it and they would get very upset if they were removed.

And then trucks that don't act like trucks at all get added. Might as well replace their sprites with Subaru Impreza WRC because that would be much more fitting for how they get used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely agree it feels a bit weird when marines are pushing on LV or something, and a truck is the forward vanguard and ramming into the xenos for 15+ minutes, seemingly immune to any consequences.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saytkl77 View Post
    I'd definitely agree it feels a bit weird when marines are pushing on LV or something, and a truck is the forward vanguard and ramming into the xenos for 15+ minutes, seemingly immune to any consequences.
    Trucks can not block/ram/injure T1/2 xenos, and take damage from running into T3s, while not harming the T3. They can't ram cades, or walls, including normal resin walls. They don't help the marines by blocking their shots, they just help survivors stick together, and move injured people back. Trucks (and all other vehicles) also can't go into caves after a few tiles.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Trucks can not block/ram/injure T1/2 xenos, and take damage from running into T3s, while not harming the T3. They can't ram cades, or walls, including normal resin walls. They don't help the marines by blocking their shots, they just help survivors stick together, and move injured people back. Trucks (and all other vehicles) also can't go into caves after a few tiles.
    Sure, but the other guy is not wrong. They are extremely maneuverable and T3s are slow. When you boost at full speed you literally are 0,5 sec on the screen, there is pretty much no way xenos can get you, only runners who do 0 damage to trucks.

By the time xenos manage to get 15 hits, the car memed for 15 minutes, he just rolls back, repair in 1 minute and off he goes again. Perfect to annoy and stop 10 xenos from front lining by distracting them. They can keep the truck in but should rework it.

Truck should have way less HP and speed and they should be almost instantly stopped from a slashed tire or spitter spit. To keep the utility, they should be more easily accessible and they should have some kind of speaker so they can announce when they are leaving for a supply run so marines have a chance to get in. I guess this was the original role it was designed and it was a fantastic idea, but it almost never used like this.

I think one solution would be to ID lock them you you got a dedicated person responsible for the truck, hence he would take responsibility with his actions.

As for the tank and APC I see nothing wrong with them at all. They do the job they were designed.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 01-26-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    snip
    Answer: Weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd like to see the trucks fill a logistical role, like transporting mats/ammo from fob to a position, but there's a real issue with drivers taking them on joyrides on the front lines. It's happened way too many times.
    Community Mentor
    Began 2/17/2021

Sergeant Major Poppy Castlebrook
    Marie Auburn
    August Lancaster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaussettes View Post
    Personally I'd like to see the trucks fill a logistical role, like transporting mats/ammo from fob to a position, but there's a real issue with drivers taking them on joyrides on the front lines. It's happened way too many times.
    "I think one solution would be to ID lock them you you got a dedicated person responsible for the truck, hence he would take responsibility with his actions."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the trucks to run a logistics operation, run supplies back and forth.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    "I think one solution would be to ID lock them you you got a dedicated person responsible for the truck, hence he would take responsibility with his actions."
    Only SL and Engineers can drive it. Why would anyone need ID lock? And how ID lock solves the issue?
    Lets say I'm retard who wants to take Truck to joyride. So I find a truck, go inside, ID lock it for me and I do what I wanted. Anything changed?

Truck also isn't strictly marine asset as it depends on map and survivors.

With T1/T2s passing trough truck and T3s getting only tickled by it, what is the problem? It does nothing, you have to be legally recognised as disabled to allow truck to do anything to you as T3.

It already is only good for LZ - FoB - Frontlines runs to transport wounded and supplies in relative safety from ambush castes. I don't see the problem you all have.
    Both on "aesthetic" and gameplay level. Trucks fit CM more than tank and APC because its mainly about infrantry ground combat. In truth tank and APC should be kicked out way before even thinking about trucks.

Locking something, because people don't use it effectively is stupid. Oh no! Marines use something in a way that isn't effective, better to restrict it, or outright remove it. Guess what? Marines do friendly fire. Restrict it, or remove, ID lock guns, because god forbid someone will be able to make a mistake.
    Marines aren't xenos, they don't need that. Only xenos get (and if someone has to get, only they should) locks and restrictions on counter-productive actions.
    (Not to be confused with anti-grief measures like grenade lock shipside on green alert)
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-26-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove box