Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiorina - Science Annex feedback thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Fiorina - Science Annex feedback thread

VIEW THE MAP HERE
    (Or in #dev-announcements, the attached thumb is way low res)

HI there, so I've been working on New Prison for awhile now, and since I'd rather not choke up the gitlab with feedback, here's this thread instead.

BUGS GO ON THE gitlab here.

I'll be regularly checking on this thread so if you have something to say directly @ me about the map in particulars, now's your chance.

Understand of course that while this map is now getting tested and is all detailed up to spec, it is in no way finished and this will be, like Kutjevo, a rolling process of tweaking til its in a better state than initial release. So please bear with me.

Keep it civil. Kthnxbye
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its actually nice, we dont have to deal with 2x2 hallways anymore. Some areas offer some intriguing variety in them. My only complaint is the lag, I dont know if this is map related.

The way marines will play this will be different. I think yard has to be treated as Hydro base before moving on. Literally anything west is like LV caves. I quite like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you ever used my grafitti sprites
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup its fucking awesome B)
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    did you ever used my grafitti sprites
    Yep, though they and other blood trails appear to get dumpstered by the GC at round start unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Its actually nice, we dont have to deal with 2x2 hallways anymore. Some areas offer some intriguing variety in them. My only complaint is the lag, I dont know if this is map related.

The way marines will play this will be different. I think yard has to be treated as Hydro base before moving on. Literally anything west is like LV caves. I quite like it.
    First map test ran with 180 pop. Trust me when I say it was population related, not the map.

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I saw, I really liked it.
    I LOVE the look of the new airlock doors. 470d3cecf85e8906bda0e4e27c5be30e.jpg
    Tho, the only critique I have of LZ1 is the southern end. Gotta cover that whole area (pictured) with cades, else you run the risk of a jumpy xeno plopping in if either flank is undefended/breached. a8bd928e965d5b5dfa05593ef8cc6fad.jpg

Also, clown shuttle has no light for the poor guy. Haven't explored most of the map yet, so don't have much to say at this time other than what I've posted. So far, 9/10 map, just gotta fix the dropship bug and it'll be 10/10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallways, especially near and on LZ2 are incapable of fitting vehicles

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good map, LZ1 and LZ2 seems to have a lot of areas where they can defend, the only issue I find are in the central part of the map where it has way too many flanks to go around

There are open areas but there are way too many areas to go around, maybe minimize the amount of flanks thats available. The hallways are wide enough but the tighter areas where they can crawl around is too much, some areas have way too many access points.

Specifically the areas I see at fault are Armory and medbay.

North LZ2 also has some issues for APC to fit around, nearly impossible to get to yard unless you go west lz2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty cool, i dont really mind that the grafitti is covered, though my only nitpick is the used bodybags, i'm not sure if they're map specific, but something about them makes my gears riddle

anyway, if you need any help/input in sprites, hit me up in dm's
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed the map as Xeno. There were multiple flanks everywhere which were really nice, and the whole map gave off a shopping mall vibe. Also, the resin bone walls are aesthetically pleasing.