crazy taxi in real
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Only if made out of explodium. Cars don't explode because they hit something hard.
    Well nothing in this thread makes sense anyways so might as well

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you know a truck is wide enough you can drive it through the brig while honking and laughing?

Now you do.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few times I've used the truck for transport duty is when xenos overrun the front and retreating marines have no choice but to get on the truck or get slaughtered during the route. Also sometimes you can double back to the rear of the xeno murderball and collect the defibbable marines they've left in their wake. These are relatively rare occurences however, so most truck drivers are given a choice between tedious troop/DNR transport duty or using the truck to fuck over the xenos, even though that goes against the truck's intended purpose.

I dunno what to do about them. They're kinda cool, but their primary use as a resin battering ram is pretty ridiculous. Maybe give survivors the only key to drive them, and reduce the number of trucks to 2 or even 1. That could at least curb the memery a little bit.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I gotta change my mind about this. I've done some more observing, and yes, trucks are really overpowered. They're able to push T3s and instantly block them in where they can be shot at, through the truck, but the xeno is physically incapable of slashing them. Not totally sure how that works. Trucks should not be able to push T3s for sure.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Ok I gotta change my mind about this. I've done some more observing, and yes, trucks are really overpowered. They're able to push T3s and instantly block them in where they can be shot at, through the truck, but the xeno is physically incapable of slashing them. Not totally sure how that works. Trucks should not be able to push T3s for sure.
    context: fortelian was playing xeno and he got rammed into a corner by a truck, laughed at and then was shot to death.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    context: fortelian was playing xeno and he got rammed into a corner by a truck, laughed at and then was shot to death.
    That's exactly what happened. But it doesn't mean we should nerf trucks. Trucks are good as they are, no need for a change.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: