User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like infinite larva for hijack?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

12 17.91%
  • No, remove it

40 59.70%
  • I don't care about it

4 5.97%
  • Buff it, and keep it

1 1.49%
  • Nerf it, but don't remove it

10 14.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on infinite larva for hijack -- Vote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liltiptop View Post
    If marines outnumber xenos by a specific amount, then surge activates. If they don't surge will not activate
    Now that I like the idea of, aren't marines prevented from calling ERT if they outnumber xenos by a certain amount? It's basically the same mechanic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering I have been messaged about this when I'm not even playing CM the majority of the people who have DM'd me say it is a really stupid mechanic.

Counterpoint: This post does not matter. Devs will take the server in whatever way they want and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. There really isn't much to any feedback they pay attention to.
    Last edited by starmute; 02-03-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    epic gaming@starmute

Feel free to add me on discord If you'd like to talk or something @Special1kira, a cruel protogen#2359
    I'm an example of what not to do if you want to become a CO, ask me for any CO related questions or synth related question
    Usually the SEA nowaday
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have just done the smart thing and given the hive the OPTION to board.

Minor xeno victory if the queen just throws in the towel.
    Major if they win hijack.

Marines wouldnt early evac anymore because the queen might just press the "I win" button.

Give the queen the option once 2 marines or less are left alive on the planet.

Forcing the hive to always hijack even when it makes no sense (like with 5 xenos) has to be band aided with infinite spawns? Because you band aided the post crash with a 20minute timer to prevent stalling (actually backfiring and encouraging marines to run out the timer).
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or shit.. heres another one..

Put the victory announcement back in.. then give marines some new ones.

For example, if the marines evac (which no one currently cares about) more than 50%(75% whatever) of humaans POST hijack. Its a marine minor. Evac with too many? Cant win that way. Hive of 30 stalling vs 15 marines? Marines steal the win.

Or you could just change the whole game entirely.

Remove the timer completely. Have the ship "emergency awaken" a new wave of marines, a BIG one.

Xenos get an XRT from caves or something.. so the players alive is closer to round start... then you start "phase 2" of the game; which is the battle for the ship.

There are so many things you could do... but i suspect this is just a placeholder anyways until tech web.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Or shit.. heres another one..

Put the victory announcement back in.. then give marines some new ones.

For example, if the marines evac (which no one currently cares about) more than 50%(75% whatever) of humaans POST hijack. Its a marine minor. Evac with too many? Cant win that way. Hive of 30 stalling vs 15 marines? Marines steal the win.

Or you could just change the whole game entirely.

Remove the timer completely. Have the ship "emergency awaken" a new wave of marines, a BIG one.

Xenos get an XRT from caves or something.. so the players alive is closer to round start... then you start "phase 2" of the game; which is the battle for the ship.

There are so many things you could do... but i suspect this is just a placeholder anyways until tech web.
    You have evacuated after a massive planetary capture operation failed; your men are exhausted, you lost quite a few when evacuating, and the dropship suddenly got hijacked. As your CPT scrambles to figure out a plan of action, you get a message sent straight to your HUD broadcasted from an allied frequency:

"This is Battlestar Cruiser, Yamato, coming in hot with reinforcements; we heard you are facing a large incursion. We got a fresh compliment of Specs, some engis and medics, and a whole load of ass kickers ready to deploy to the ship via your exterior clamps. But you gotta hold out for 10 minutes against the huge bio signature we see coming in hot in a collision course to your ship. Stay frosty, lads!"

You hold out for 10 minutes against all odds and a sudden platoon compliment of USCM ass kickers pour out from a transport ship and go guns blazing at anything with more than two legs.

Now that would be epic gaming and make for interesting end game content.

But im just an ideas guy who doesn't even play CM anymore cause of the direction of the game, so what do I know.

:trollerface:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man we should just keep it how it used to be. It was fine back then.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -50% xeno hp
    infinte larva all day all time
    no more capping/infecting
    glorious valhalla

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Man we should just keep it how it used to be. It was fine back then.
    Haha yeah it was so awesome having to only target briefing when hijacking and praying the CO was too stupid to operate AA to protect the 100 marines in briefing (vs 15 xenos).

Hijack should be removed altogether, since it's supposed to be that marines get overwhelmed and lose shipside "canonically" anyway, but as far as stopgaps and bandaids go I'm fine with larva being fed to xenos the entire shipside battle. Anything to shorten the worst part of the round.

Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.

Who the fuck does this guy play????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if marines don't lose and stall it out.. Ares just crash the ship into the planet anyway OR it just summons its synth death squad from the ASRS.

Feel free to add me on discord If you'd like to talk or something @Special1kira, a cruel protogen#2359
    I'm an example of what not to do if you want to become a CO, ask me for any CO related questions or synth related question
    Usually the SEA nowaday
    Spoiler Spoiler: