User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like infinite larva for hijack?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

14 14.74%
  • No, remove it

55 57.89%
  • I don't care about it

9 9.47%
  • Buff it, and keep it

1 1.05%
  • Nerf it, but don't remove it

16 16.84%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on infinite larva for hijack -- Vote!

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it. As much as Almayer holds were cancer sometimes for the xenos, especially during the metaevac era, they can also be quite fun and provide some release to the support personnel including the CIC dwellers.

But I don't think it should be removed completely. Xenos should only get larva if AA is set to CIC and command is doing that hold. And they should get like 4x larva. Otherwise no free larva. Thanks for coming to my TED talk, reeeee!
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brief hold is more cancer than CIC hold

Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.

Who the fuck does this guy play????

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NPCs holding the ship instead of space flanking smh
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infinite larva for hijack completely negates the point of having the hijack.
    Marines are only ever on the ship in 2 scenarios:
    1. Queen meta rushed/tunneled into the LZ and is now crashing into the ship with a tiny hive as a hail merry play.
    With infinite free larva, now hive goes from single digits to 30 purely due to game mechanics. It's not fun to lose the game because the queen touched a computer terminal and now there are 40 xenos.

2. The marines lost on the planet and retreated with heavy losses.
    In this scenario the xenos may have already won, or the marines might be able to do a successful last stand and eek out a minor victory.
    Except that's no longer the case because if you couldn't beat the xenos on the planet with mortar/CAS/OB/FOB how are you going to find and push the dropship/spawning pool with most of the marines dead, in the dark, with no comms, and the dropship being in a random location, while xenos are now stronger then they were on the planet with unlimited respawns? It's impossible unless the xenos start griefing themselves.

So if it's impossible for the marines why even play it out? Why not just have everyone go back into the sleeping pods? Why not have everyone fight to the death on the planet since it's guaranteed death if the xenos get the dropship?
    It kills the game on so many levels.

Go back to the old way.
    Xenos are the attackers and decide the speed of the game. They need to capture (not murderboner) enough marines to have a hive large enough to attack the ship. If they ignore captures and siege the LZ at the very start, they don't get 30 extra larva when they break a few barricades. They die on the ship because they are heavily outnumbered and the marines have the home advantage.

Make Marines are the reactionaries. They only get to advance when the xenos let them, or the xenos fail an attack (queen/high Tiers die).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance Asshat View Post
    So if it's impossible for the marines why even play it out? Why not just have everyone go back into the sleeping pods?

When I played CO, this happened a lot and it's heart breaking to see.
    i play delta sl sometimes

how did he get CO?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    When I played CO, this happened a lot and it's heart breaking to see.
    Since than happened what we expected, people learned the new system over time (since not everybody always play every day and they might not know NOT to hold, but attack DS) and now they are pushing DS as intended. In fact, yesterday we had a great victory.

To be frank I still very much prefer holding briefing or CiC than this DS rush, I think CM lost a little soul with this marine-punishment. The best moments did came from holding at all cost until there were no more xenos left.

I wish they would re-think this whole larva surge thing. I get that admins are xeno mains and want to punish marines, so give xenos 10 even 20 larva straight up. But let us hold like in the old days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Since than happened what we expected, people learned the new system over time (since not everybody always play every day and they might not know NOT to hold, but attack DS) and now they are pushing DS as intended. In fact, yesterday we had a great victory.

To be frank I still very much prefer holding briefing or CiC than this DS rush, I think CM lost a little soul with this marine-punishment. The best moments did came from holding at all cost until there were no more xenos left.

I wish they would re-think this whole larva surge thing. I get that admins are xeno mains and want to punish marines, so give xenos 10 even 20 larva straight up. But let us hold like in the old days.
    Pushing the DS sucks balls.

how did he get CO?

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post

I doubt it's admins persay. When it comes down to it larva surge does nothing to really punish hell holds and can easily just lead to a round timing out thats considered "muhrine" major.

Our dev direction is really stupid sometimes and the people involved with the change really believe that what they brought to the table was actually useful once the shock value recovers.

That said even though it's bad. It's not likely to go anywhere.
    Last edited by Aces; 03-18-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    I doubt it's admins persay. When it comes down to it larva surge does nothing to really punish hell holds and can easily just lead to a round timing out thats considered "muhrine" major.

Our dev direction is really stupid sometimes and the people involved with the change really believe that what they brought to the table was actually useful once the shock value recovers.

That said even though it's bad. It's not likely to go anywhere.
    Dev team is full of people who can't admit they're wrong about anything and roll back. It's that simple. They make a change they spent time on and you have to like it now because its not about to change. If the current dev team were in charge when mutators were introduced, we would still have mutators today instead of MOBA xenos.

This free larva hijack crap only came about because "marines were winning too much shipside" and "muh meta evac". Solution of course? Just fuck marines lmao.

At the very least the marine ERT's should've been buffed and made useful, but no - you can still get hostile ERT that helps the already massively buffed xenos even more. This was poorly implemented and frankly borne out of a desire to punish marines for "meta" evacs that literally only exists in the minds of xenomains; it really was too hard for them to imagine that no, marine players really do want to unga planetside and die, and that the evacs only happen when they're intensely pressured.

In fact I'd go as far to say that the early evacs are entirely the fault of massive xeno powercreep over the past year; where marines reduced below a critical amount (not necessarily in total but just locally) literally have no hope of killing anything anymore and all they can do is sit ineffectually behind cades because going offensive is near instant death by that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    Dev team is full of people who can't admit they're wrong about anything and roll back. It's that simple. They make a change they spent time on and you have to like it now because its not about to change. If the current dev team were in charge when mutators were introduced, we would still have mutators today instead of MOBA xenos.

This free larva hijack crap only came about because "marines were winning too much shipside" and "muh meta evac". Solution of course? Just fuck marines lmao.

At the very least the marine ERT's should've been buffed and made useful, but no - you can still get hostile ERT that helps the already massively buffed xenos even more. This was poorly implemented and frankly borne out of a desire to punish marines for "meta" evacs that literally only exists in the minds of xenomains; it really was too hard for them to imagine that no, marine players really do want to unga planetside and die, and that the evacs only happen when they're intensely pressured.

In fact I'd go as far to say that the early evacs are entirely the fault of massive xeno powercreep over the past year; where marines reduced below a critical amount (not necessarily in total but just locally) literally have no hope of killing anything anymore and all they can do is sit ineffectually behind cades because going offensive is near instant death by that point.
    this literally

how did he get CO?