Your Character Name?
    Luke "Boil" Wright
    Their BYOND Key
    Pfanner
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    2021-02-01 1;15 est
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    6. PIN NOTES TO PLAYERS
    a. Take proper notes after, or when banning players, warning players, and when noticing excessively bad behavior from players.

This was an improper use of note-taking as I never engaged in meta-gaming just reacted to seeing a stowaway, someone whose ID cards tell you that they are trespassing.
    Description of the incident
    I saw a stowaway and said stowaway and pointed after someone was on comms talk about him. I was next to an MP and I disarmed him and the MP told me to stop. I did then he offered us popcorn and walk away. I said to the MP it's probably drugged and then walked away. Then Pfanner contacted me saying it was meta to say he was an agent. I never said that and I told him that I didn't disarm him because I was assuming he was an agent but that the word STOWAWAY means someone who is trespassing. When I confronted him about this he accused me of meta gaming and told me that because I said the food could be drugged he said that was proof of metagaming. This is ridiculous because if anyone who is breaking the law offers you food like your going to trust them. I was properly RPing the whole time and never implied that the stowaway was an agent just that he shouldn't be on the ship as a trespasser.
    Evidence
    The note created on my account, the rest of our chat is in the logs, I was mad so after he told me that he was done dealing with me I left so I didn't take photo of out chat sorry.
    How you would punish the accused
    Remove the note from my account

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so.

You have some real audacity.

I tried to explain to you on multiple occasions why your behavior was literally metagame. I explained to you that, just because someone's ID shows "STOWAWAY", doesn't grant you the right to be a dick and just yell it out there, then engage in an attempt to tackle them. ICly, you don't know who that person is, whether or not they're a an Agent, criminal, trespasser, beggar, colony survivor, Weston Yamada employee or else. The moment you saw them, you jumped right into them and made statements such as "I bet his food is drugged" and what not.

You even kept on arguing when I already laid out my verdict to you, but you seemingly didn't let go from it.

That'll be my only input to this, rest can be seen in the logs.

Have a good day
    Last edited by Pfanner; 02-01-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not see post was duplicated above.

Pulled the logs for it.

Interations with the stowaway:

Spoiler Spoiler:

LOOC by stowaway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pfanner PMs SukeLW

Spoiler Spoiler:

Note added by pfanner:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick few things to clarify,

1. The part about a bullet with your name on it was directed at the MP who had confiscated a gun from me earlier

2. I never attacked just knocked over the stowaway and I only touch him once after which I stopped

3. I never said he was an agent I just acted on the fact that when I examined him it said stowaway which is someone who is attempting to gain passage on a vessel without consent, aka trespassing.

This next part is opinion but, I think it needs to be said.

If you don't want people to think stowaways are breaking the law don't give them the name of a type of criminal. If your intent is to have them seen as criminals I recommend that their name is changed to prevent future confuison.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. I never attacked just knocked over the stowaway and I only touch him once after which I stopped
    That I admit is correct. I looked at the logs wrong, because when I checked it, the search actually made the same log appear twice due to the formatting I searched for.

3. I never said he was an agent I just acted on the fact that when I examined him it said stowaway which is someone who is attempting to gain passage on a vessel without consent, aka trespassing.
    2021/02/01: [12:04:38]ADMIN: PM: Pfanner/(Phoenix 'Havoc' Stafford)->SukeLW/(Luke 'Boil' Wright): Hey man, got a sec? I'd like for you to explain to me why you immediately jumped the gun on the Stowaway, outing him as an Agent and making claims of him being essentially hostile?

This part is important. I never directly claimed that you called him an Agent, I infered that you out him as an Agent, because yelling Stowaway is literally the same as yelling "AGENT!" because at the moment, stowaways are always agents. You had no reason to yell this, the reason why is already given in my previous reply.

Again, ID cards exist for the purpose of just giving a simple job identifier. Realistically, no one would have an ID card reading "Stowaway", "Intruder", "Agent" or anything like that. The reason it is that way is because the Agent system is fucking ancient, unmaintained, and simply not really optimized for the server. Doesn't mean you should just breach RP guidelines and yell out people as if they're hostiles. We're still MRP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played agent multiple times and i dont know why this is considered metagaming.

1. MPs/Shipside staff see stowaways as ? in their HUD afaik which is IC information like how you could tell a captain is a captain due to the blue star.
    Pretending someone is not suspicious with their ? is failRP. Even shipside staff and marines know who is a survivor due to their ? tag.
    If this is metagaming then everyone shipside should be noted.

2. Talking in radio gives ???(stowaway name) which gives out their identity.
    If you have a state in the art radio that shows a faction holobadge on top of someone and it screams STOWAWAY/Survivor and you dont report it to the MP then thats failRP.

3. Im pretty sure that unchecked survivors/stowaways are considered semi hostile to HRP MPs. Since you're literally letting a civilian roam around the ship with tools and lethal weapons. This is a MILITARY vessel. Someone with a ? holobadge should be CHECKED by MPs.

I do feel like that this is more of the agent fucking up because it literally says STOWAWAY in their ID card and proceeded to go into the hallways forgetting that this is a STATE OF THE ART military ship where everyone has VITAL sensors and HOLOBADGES that show up in their radio.
    Its fucked up that people would get noted for screaming someones IC information. Why would someone punish someone for doing that.

just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivor or Stowaway. Everyone with a ? mark in their radios should be always checked by MPs which is the proper procedure.

This is not metagaming in any way. It would be metagaming if the game didnt let him know who he was but he already knew due to multiple game mechanics.
    He did what he did as an IC character with IC information to report stowaways or survivors in the ship as someone in the almayer would do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. MPs/Shipside staff see stowaways as ? in their HUD afaik which is IC information like how you could tell a captain is a captain due to the blue star.
    Pretending someone is not suspicious with their ? is failRP. Even shipside staff and marines know who is a survivor due to their ? tag.
    If this is metagaming then everyone shipside should be noted.
    I disagree. PMCs also don't have an ID card denoting their profession when they arrive on the Almayer. To say that just because there is an ? next to their name, would imply we shouldn't be recognising PMCs as authorized forces because they're lacking the immediate identity. If you're curious, here's a picture.

(Survivor, Stowaway, PMC)

2. Talking in radio gives ???(stowaway name) which gives out their identity.
    If you have a state in the art radio that shows a faction holobadge on top of someone and it screams STOWAWAY/Survivor and you dont report it to the MP then thats failRP.
    FailRP isn't a rule as per our rules. We have roleplay standards that need to be followed. Not reporting suspicious persons or activity is not against the rules, you're just failing to oblige to your natural duty as a Marine to abide by Marine Law. No idea where you got that from.

3. Im pretty sure that unchecked survivors/stowaways are considered semi hostile to HRP MPs. Since you're literally letting a civilian roam around the ship with tools and lethal weapons. This is a MILITARY vessel. Someone with a ? holobadge should be CHECKED by MPs.
    If they don't, it's an IC issue, not an OOC one. If you see an MT walking around who doesn't have their ID present or in civilian clothing, you wouldn't scream "CRIMINAL" like a knob and immediately start scrambling to have them arrested and shittalk their presence like they're the devil sent communist spy in their attempt to sabotage the ship.

I stand by my point that this is metagame.

It would be metagaming if the game didnt let him know who he was but he already knew due to multiple game mechanics.
    This entire sentence also makes no sense. The game lets you know who somebody is because it's a game. MPs have identifiers in their HUDs to easier identification of people and their job roles, the same way it is with ID cards. Realistically, no one would have "Stowaway" written on an ID badge, because that isn't feasible enough from a gameplay standpoint to just not give them one, as IDs are an essential mechanic of the game to interact with the ship and without one, you'd just be stuck in your little shelter, so they need it for that purpose alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just game mechanics vs RP at this point. The guy you noted played the game as intended with game mechanics by examining him.
    He examined the guy. Saw his ID named stowaway and called the MPs.

The problem here is that the person you noted isnt you. He will not PLAY the game the way you wanted it to be PLAYED. People are different. This is just pretty much you enforcing things how things should be played which is a problem because we are a mix of TDM with RP elements server. The people playing the game are too used into using IC information and game mechanics in making decisions before RP.

To be honest. This is more of a developer/coder problem
    because as you said.
    Who the fuck puts an agent in the ship and gives them an ID named stowaway. Is the player just gonna pretend to be retarded that he with IC information will not call an MP to someone with an ID named stowaway?

I've played this role multiple times and i do know about the antag nature of marines whenever they see a stowaway. I talk with MPs and they give me a proper ID card. Then i can still do my job as an agent. This is just clearly a case of a guy salting because he got found out pretending to be someone in the Almayer because a guy examined him. He fucked up.
    SukeLW did his job as a marine/shipside staff to call an MP because of an outside intruder.

Eitherway this is not a place of discussion and im just sharing my opinion as a player and a former staff member. Though i think SukeLW didnt deserve to be punished for this incident since its probably an overlook on how agents are meant to be played.