User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of CM-13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State of CM-13

Kutjevo-Refinery, playing as Runner, All slots filled, everyone fully evoed, It's 12:25 and marines finally drop. Queen decides to drop the ovi and go to the frontline. Marines are too pussy to push together so we hold them at FOB and begin fighting. Then we get these messages pop up
    457c5f9f771a0245e3605928aa389649.jpg
    3698355681d17cf5c62212237f149131.jpg
    Followed by
    a0a153ad6f94b49ef2adc505c38448c3.png

From this point, the Queen is forced to fall back to Botany, allowing marines to push out,recover corpses, intel and build up their cades
    However, the Marines do not push far enough, and so, the Queen eventually pushes out and starts taking out the marines.

The Marines were at a slight disadvantage, but nothing the specs, smargunners and SLs couldn't handle should they coordinate. Staff decided to step in for some reason and threaten us with Queen Mother Intervention, instead of marking it as proper Xenomorph response, and IC behaviour. Yet they don't care about Marines metaing Tac shotties on Prison, marking such reports as IC issue, neither do they seem to moderate Shotgun juggling, which obviously bypasses the intended use of shotguns and makes them a machinegunning T3 obliterating weapon of destruction.

Instead, when Xenos are at an advantage, show competent cohension and assault the FOB with proper, intended features, suddenly we are stepping out of our boundries ???

Grimreaper followed up by stating that
    d2b9b7d2683c1dc69f9e251c2845b1bf.jpg

As if Marines blarting out "Bitch", "Xenos Mad" or breaking into hive to PB the helpless Larvas is sportmanlike, but you don't see staff calling them sportsmanlike.

CM-13 is fun, and I feel the thing holding the game down is the fact Staff are trying to moderate the game flow, sure, they can compensate marines or xenos if the opposing side is obviously abusing some kind of game-breaking bug, but trying to stop Xenos from playing optimally while marking Marines breaking the game as an IC issue is something of a bias.

And before you say this is a #StaffReports Deal, Grimreaper did not step in in any way, so I don't think there's anything to report there. Could be wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all CABAL's fault, he kept accusing staff of being beno biased now they gotta show that they aint being beno biased.

CABAL man bad

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop playing CM and ss13. go outside and experience covid 2021.
    I have been playing less because there are changes and shit in general that I do not like(and not just people I don't like) and I am not able to change it. so I just take a break, if I come back and it gets worse I take a longer break until it gets better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think grim did actually step in. I saw incendary mags and heard about spec kits being spawned maybe? I think they lowered defcon or something. Anyway. Marines were dogshit that round. Staff needs to make some actual meta rushing rules. Queen was within 40 tiles of alamo at the 20 second mark (allegedly). Which is why it got marked as meta rushing. Which is bullshit. Because half the fucking rounds on prison are 40 tiles away from the LZ1, in CANTEEN. Maybe they should have consistent rules that actually make sense and what we know we can and cannot do

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You half had a point until you just turned this into crying that marines use shotguns.

In future if you want to be taken seriously please avoid this topic.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You half had a point until you just turned this into crying that marines use shotguns.

Seconded.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, what a silly complaint.

Perhaps don't try to rush the LZ 20 minutes into the round with the only goal to shoot for a Xeno any% speedrun. Give people a chance, this is exactly why it's being enforced and Xenos are forced back by staff, to extend the round until the obvious balance issues with short rounds is addressed and fixed by the Devs.

Short rounds are an issue to which certain Xeno players actively contribute to. That's not really what rounds are meant to be: a competition on who finishes off who the fastest.

They are meant to last at the very minimum for around an hour or hour half, not twenty minutes.

Of course this median can't always be guaranteed, especially during low pop hours, though where it can be, it'll be done in a way as to ensure players actually get to enjoy the game and not swing their boastful glee in everyones face of how cool they are decimating a clearly outmatched opponent when the odds of the game are already stacked against them.

In short, just listen, don't be selfish, give the other side a chance, this goes to both Marines and Xenos. Don't camp the LZ, no trouble.
    Last edited by Pfanner; 02-04-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    I think grim did actually step in. I saw incendary mags and heard about spec kits being spawned maybe? I think they lowered defcon or something. Anyway. Marines were dogshit that round. Staff needs to make some actual meta rushing rules. Queen was within 40 tiles of alamo at the 20 second mark (allegedly). Which is why it got marked as meta rushing. Which is bullshit. Because half the fucking rounds on prison are 40 tiles away from the LZ1, in CANTEEN. Maybe they should have consistent rules that actually make sense and what we know we can and cannot do
    Well yea, and they still lost because they were clearly outmatched. There should be a dev trigger to stop Xenos from fucking around the LZ rather than have staff come in and police people

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post

No

Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    stop playing CM and ss13. go outside and experience covid 2021.
    I have been playing less because there are changes and shit in general that I do not like(and not just people I don't like) and I am not able to change it. so I just take a break, if I come back and it gets worse I take a longer break until it gets better.
    Well I don't play CM on the daily, but I still like to voice my complaints and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfanner View Post
    Jesus, what a silly complaint.

Perhaps don't try to rush the LZ 20 minutes into the round with the only goal to shoot for a Xeno any% speedrun. Give people a chance, this is exactly why it's being enforced and Xenos are forced back by staff, to extend the round until the obvious balance issues with short rounds is addressed and fixed by the Devs.

Short rounds are an issue to which certain Xeno players actively contribute to. That's not really what rounds are meant to be: a competition on who finishes off who the fastest.

They are meant to last at the very minimum for around an hour or hour half, not twenty minutes.

Of course this median can't always be guaranteed, especially during low pop hours, though where it can be, it'll be done in a way as to ensure players actually get to enjoy the game and not swing their boastful glee in everyones face of how cool they are decimating a clearly outmatched opponent when the odds of the game are already stacked against them.

In short, just listen, don't be selfish, give the other side a chance, this goes to both Marines and Xenos. Don't camp the LZ, no trouble.
    Right, but there are people on lowpop that like the less than 1 hour long intense firefights, and even the 10 minute blitz, and thats not just me, lots of people that don't have their voices heard on the forums. I don' care about boasting to the opposing time as I play both sides and I find the blitz much more appealing, maybe cause I just watch youtube videos while I wait for the dropship to go down

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The maturation change caused the issue a long time ago as aliens realized they are strongest right at start and just attack becuase why not.

Maturation was a perfectly fine system, the old old one where it took forever to get ancient but it was game ending and young was okayish. Need something like that back to make it work again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Maturation was a perfectly fine system, the old old one where it took forever to get ancient but it was game ending and young was okayish.
    This. Not just from balance standpoint, but you had to use your brain both as a xeno and marine who or where to rush. Even if you saw a survi, you had to decide if it's worth the risk or let them try to escape. No clue why it was removed. I enjoyed it both as a xeno as i became stronger and as a marine as it put an excitement on the whole thing. Do we get defcon? Can we hold back the ancients?

Seriously. Mods, admins should have daily votes in-game on huge decisions like this. If 90% of players keep voting for it to keep it, but devs simply pull it for no reason that should tell you something.

And yes T3 metarush is bad. If marines are bad, they will lose anyway. Got shouted way too many times as xeno to stop pushing certain areas. Yes they are massively marine bias as even at 12:45 they will tell you to pull out from a location. Meh.