Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean xenos have got a ton of buffs recently and marines in terms of development have been left semi in the dust

also marines are stupid
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as Albert said. marines are bad. the end.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    It's all CABAL's fault, he kept accusing staff of being beno biased now they gotta show that they aint being beno biased.

CABAL man bad
    I like thinking I had any part in this, feels nice and based.

Ooooh! How tables have turned! Lets go back to the past, like 2019.
    But even in 2020, less than a year from now: //showthrea...tarush-problem

When marines got the adventage from attacking fast? STAFF HELP! MARINES METARUSH! SLEEP THEM ALL! SPAWN 10 RAVENGERS! SPAWN SECOND QUEEN!
    When xenos get it? NOOOOOOO! STAFF IS BIASED AGAINST XENOS!

I almost care enough to make a shitty paint meme.

Benos just walked a mile in marine shoes and they cry they got blisters.
    I won't even try to further explain anything, my point is clear - fairplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that meta rushes are bad but only because the gameplay forces it, Marines gain DEFCON, Build more cades and get points for research to make super stims, While xenos do not have any of these, and just stay the same, for the entire round. Now that might not be a problem soon since xeno tech tree is being worked on, I don't know if it will fix it but I sure am interested to see how it works out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    neither do they seem to moderate Shotgun juggling, which obviously bypasses the intended use of shotguns and makes them a machinegunning T3 obliterating weapon of destruction.
    Banning people for macros or being able to switch fast which is 100% possible if you're skilled enough

:think:
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Banning people for macros or being able to switch fast which is 100% possible if you're skilled enough

:think:
    Yes, just like banning people for metarush due to them being skillful enough to be able to rush into 60 marines that just dropped and end up hijacking. Everyone knows that marines and xenos are at their strongest on the first encounter, so who emerges victorious is the more skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    The maturation change caused the issue a long time ago as aliens realized they are strongest right at start and just attack becuase why not.

Maturation was a perfectly fine system, the old old one where it took forever to get ancient but it was game ending and young was okayish. Need something like that back to make it work again.
    Fuck no, I got things to do and I'm not just gonna jump in a game to afk for 40 minutes to wait and get maturation and then feel bad that I lost it all due to a SADAR ormarines focusing me, things are more casually approachable now

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows that marines and xenos are at their strongest on the first encounter, so who emerges victorious is the more skillful.
    20 minute prep for 5 minutes of gameplay. This server is not designed to have "instant win on first encounter." If you think that's fun, then I dunno what to tell you. CM is meant to be at least 1.5 hours long round, which include multiple fights to see who's victorious. Winning on first drop without even the chance of fighting on other spots of the map is absolutely not intended and not fun.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone hold Acute, they are speaking them faxs
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having players vote on your update is bad because players don't even know what they want and no updates will be made. We'll be stuck in an eternal stagnation (or just full marine buffs/xeno nerfs because there're more marine mains than xeno mains). Time and time again, players have never managed to figure out whether they want M41A from the movies or long rounds (hint, if marines can kill any xeno within 3 bullets, xeno will get rushed all the time and the round will still end in 30 minutes). Making xeno an endless horde won't fix it either, because there're not enough people to play xenos (blame yourself, marine mains) and due to that xeno has to be made so they can 1vmany or they'll lose every single time

Maturity was a shitty system. Idk where you get this idea that young was "ok". T1s were only playable at ancient, T2s needed elder, and T3s needed mature at the minimum (still shit but workable) and the old maturation tick was slow as fuck. 200/400/800 for T1s, 400/800/1600 for T2s, and 800/1600/3200 for T3s. You would barely get to mature by 12:35 as a T3 so if marines land early and rush you just auto lose.

Also, maturation or not, nothing's gonna fix the issue of marines being so terrible that they let shit like this happen to them. Hell I still remember a round back in old maturation when marines landed LZ2 Prison and xeno had an omega late ovi at medical and they only just got T3s by 12:30, and marines lost both LZs while xeno only lost 4 tops. Think about it, marines at their strongest point in the game lost to a hive with young T3s and mature T2s back in old maturation. Sometimes niggas just suck and I'd rather you embrace the suck than bringing back a shitty system like maturation.

Staff intervening in a round is always a classic. I heavily dislike it because I'd rather a rush round be over quickly so I can play a new round instead of having to watch staff uselessly throw ERTs at xeno/marine to stall them, breaking any form of immersion. Funny how we're still MRP eh? I've seen plenty of staff intervention against both marine and xeno so they're not biased, but the methods they use for each side may make one side feel very unfairly treated.

Also, if the problem is that marines spend 20 minutes to prep to lose 5 minutes planetside, then maybe idk speed up prep a ton? It's 2021 and we still have to go to Req to get the basic attachments we need and the mags we want. Corp merc prep only lasts 5 minutes tops once you're used to the HUD, and TGMC prep lasts about the same because your attachments aren't limited and you have an attachment vendor in your prep. Or hell, just make it a loadout system where you just pick that shit in the lobby so you actually have time to, gasp, RP.