xenos mad
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    No because Maturation is a horrible concept and thank holy lord Jesus that its gone
    Ahhh... So the problem is maturation, totally not the fact that marines rushed like benos do now? Got it, understandable, have a good day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post

Marines aren't the strongest when they immediately drop. When they build decent FoB before major battles is when they are the strongest. LV shows that clearly thanks to fog.
    So if we would revert the code to the January of 2020 and let marines metarush xenos and end rounds in 12:35 then you would also see it as sign of skill worth keeping in game?
    I disagree with that. Marines are usually at their strongest given that no one does any big instance of FF.Marine grunts hass multiple kits to choose from, medics, engies with the mg setup and whatever the specs goes with. Roll all that up with a competent squad lead who can give coords and you got a strong force right out the bat. I said all that without mentioning setting up a FOB yet because they can head straight to the hive ( lets be real they know where the spots are at) then it's over before it started.
    Last edited by recounted; 02-07-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    I disagree with that. Marines are usually at their strongest given that no one does any big instance of FF.Marine grunts hass multiple kits to choose from, medics, engies with the mg setup and whatever the specs goes with. Roll all that up with a competent squad lead who can give coords and you got a strong force right out the bat. I said all that without mentioning setting up a FOB yet because they can head straight to the hive ( lets be real they know where the spots are at) then it's over before it started.
    I don't think you quite grasp term "at their strongest" and when that occurs.
    It means that they have the most power, supplies, numbers and potential.
    And it isn't immediately when they drop as per LV example. Lets imagine a special round of LV. First is that Fog drops as soon as first drop lands. On the second round it drops as per usuall, by 12:35.

Second round lets marines build LZ FoB and Hydro FoB. First leaves them without any chance to cade Hydro and about a minute to do anything to LZ.
    Now in which round marines are stronger if they are perfectly identical with only one difference as mentioned before?
    Obviously (should be) and objectively one has to say: On the round where they had time to cade both LZ and Hydro.

And why is that? Because beno hive can be easly relocated. Where is Queen, there is Hive. In a scenario where marines have 0 defences and simply rush caves, benos can move somewhere else and attack uncaded LZ.

Again: First drop marines without any casualities + Caded LZ and/or FoB >>>>> First drop marines without any casualities.
    So it means that marines aren't at their strongest when they drop. That requires a bit of time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rounds are too short these days. I got no ideas to fix it. Needs to be 90min. The back and forth fighting and setting up cades after an OB / hive walls counter side if xeno etc etc. Keep is going. I had some suggestions previously and while they are not 100% great they are a start to fork off to other ides.

Start with a 'safe room' on the map, that survivors have to leave because it opens up. Add 10 plus survivors make RNG to give say the Colony Warden good gun handling, but NO I do not agree that just because a survivor survived , they are an expert at guns and stun resistance. Closets hide a scientists from an alien they don't need a gun. Make survivors uncapable and only offer a small benefit to the xenos if the xenos kill them. Survivors can go cryo to respawn as a marine or xeno or stay a survivor and roleplay after the start.

People get burned out because survivor has a beginning -> no middle - > no ending. its a dead end spot good for 20min, or to run around meme with a compression suit and stun resistance. start the hive with a few weak xenos that only exist to die and be reborn a single time, how hivelord carrier, burrower get gaurenteed spots now.

Gives something for survs to do and xenos to do with a small reward. Have a time period after landing where marines have high morale 'because look at the movie pep talks during the drop', the high morale lasts for a few minutes to make building a lot faster for fobs. We can't have it both ways, weak barricades, long time to build, faster gameplay, stronger marines, means you have 80 marines that all want to 1v1 a xeno when there are 20 xenos gotta slow it down with systems like this imo.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trustscience44 View Post
    Rounds are too short these days. I got no ideas to fix it. Needs to be 90min. The back and forth fighting and setting up cades after an OB / hive walls counter side if xeno etc etc. Keep is going. I had some suggestions previously and while they are not 100% great they are a start to fork off to other ides.

Start with a 'safe room' on the map, that survivors have to leave because it opens up. Add 10 plus survivors make RNG to give say the Colony Warden good gun handling, but NO I do not agree that just because a survivor survived , they are an expert at guns and stun resistance. Closets hide a scientists from an alien they don't need a gun. Make survivors uncapable and only offer a small benefit to the xenos if the xenos kill them. Survivors can go cryo to respawn as a marine or xeno or stay a survivor and roleplay after the start.

People get burned out because survivor has a beginning -> no middle - > no ending. its a dead end spot good for 20min, or to run around meme with a compression suit and stun resistance. start the hive with a few weak xenos that only exist to die and be reborn a single time, how hivelord carrier, burrower get gaurenteed spots now.

Gives something for survs to do and xenos to do with a small reward. Have a time period after landing where marines have high morale 'because look at the movie pep talks during the drop', the high morale lasts for a few minutes to make building a lot faster for fobs. We can't have it both ways, weak barricades, long time to build, faster gameplay, stronger marines, means you have 80 marines that all want to 1v1 a xeno when there are 20 xenos gotta slow it down with systems like this imo.
    Once again the issue is maturation, tier 3s are able to just murderbone the survivors at 13~ yet tier 1-2 are cowering in hive or got the the button ready on the ahelp if they get a whiff of a survivor near a monki or well are in dchat.

I think an system of respawning is/has been needed for a long long long long dam time. It a TDM game at it core, hell SS13 is the same with it but at least there are roles being popped up or rounds last only 30-60mins, but it lacks good respawn mechanics. Like currently, if an alien dies they either pray some dumb sods get hugged and popped or wait for a hjack while marines got the options of; cyro troops, alien, ERT.

I was thinking of some sort of system like infinite player controlled huggers, like their starts max 5 huggers and spawn 1 a minute but die in 5 minutes (thus the max 5) but could be changed via tech web. The infinite huggers would give something for alien players to do and give some agency on coming back into the game. Also would've done a whole overhaul to make drones a tier 1 for all the aliens that then evolves into hivelord, burrower, carrier, sentinal, runner, defender. Would include more but would take time to sort out how it would work work but would make the drone the main capturer, while the rest are focused on combat. Basically the early tiers focus on capturing and encourage players to get more larva to get more players.

For marines they would have a system that their is extra 'slots'. So you spawn the whole team and in the end their is so many marine, doctor, nurse, SO, CT, MP, etc slots that can be increased via tech-web and general time. Like a new PFC slot opens every 5-10 minutes. The end idea is that if you die you can DNR and take one of these slots, after 5 minutes from death so don't DNR actually. If you died before you get an added 5 minutes, so after you take your next slot and permadie again you got to wait 10 minutes to pick an other slot. The idea is to give some option for marine players to come back, and not just as an PFC. With slots a PFC that dies can just rejoin as a CT to help cargo if they take it is fubar for example. Taking a slot would probably include random name and such but it something.

For predators(and synths) I would add an 'entry role' where if you had enough 'tokens' you can pick these entry roles for them. Tokens are gotten via completing a round(1T), if you survive or evac (2 Ts), completing X amount or all your objectives as agent(2 Ts), survivors living to evac/extraction or something(3 Ts), etc. With enough tokens you might get some entry pred or synth with more limited abilities so that you can play with those roles but not be too dangerous. For a synth they are a glorified Alien Isolation synth, basically follow the three rules of robotics and you typically will be okay. For predators it would be basically an intern predator or something but more on that...

For predators further... . They would get an overhaul how they hunt. If a predator kills someone they are able to respawn as the slot that died, IE a SG can respawn as a SG, while killing an alien gives larva equal to tier, a queen might give 5-7 larva while a drone would give 1. The idea is to open up hunting where predators can hunt with full abandon(sortive). Basically if a predator wants you dead that is it you die. Predators though still want to mark their hunts since predators would take tokens to play, a WL predator with all the bells and whistles would take maybe 10 tokens and an entry pred 10 tokens. The gimmick is each hunt gives a token back and living to the end gives 2 tokens back. So you want enough hunted prey. The hunt marks would have 3 min CD and instant refresh if you kill your target and take a trophy with each mark lasting 5-10 minutes. They can't mark medical personal, medics, hivelords, queens, burrowers, or carriers. CO comes down to die then it his own problem.

Could try to hash it out more but it some stuff I been thinking on.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my perspective, the game over the years has begun to move towards a 'skill-based system' resulting in a select few players being able to dominate entire rounds resulting in 10-20 minute rushes. The game depends on if those players are on the side of xenos or the side of marines. I have seen it many times with 3 warriors absolutely decimating marine forces in engineering to 2 ravagers/praes tearing marines apart as soon as the fog drops resulting in an early evac.

These players are just downright good and know how to exploit the abilities of xenos to the point they are practically unstoppable because of how MOBA has developed. With the added removal of maturity they are ready to kill the moment the fog drops without hesitation (rip survivors). It sucks frankly for the average survivor/marine because its hard to feel like you are making an impact when two or three good players as xenos can absolutely wipe the floor with 20 marines or so easily.

It doesn't help that new development methods include forcing marines on the offensive such as increasing metal requirement for barricades (making a fortified medical frontline area now costs too much), adding the hive surge in hijack forcing marines to either evac with 60+ or stay and fight then die when hijack happens to 70 xenos with only 20 or so marines left, and a number of other nerfs like SADAR and its range capability. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if developers just pushed for the removal of hijack phase entirely and just have the round end there so the players who are very into the PVP aspect can do another round at less then half the time.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >po fatties hydro

>"damn those xenos are just too good these days"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >some rando m15s the push

>"Fuck. SHP is really kicking our asses today huh."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    With the added removal of maturity they are ready to kill the moment the fog drops without hesitation (rip survivors).
    To this day I have no logical explanation why would they remove maturation. It was well thought out, fun, added complexity, tactics. It was a big deal for survivors and for both sides how the fight went on. As a xeno I tried to survive long enough and gradually became more and more aggressive as I matured. As a marine you felt the pressure to kill them as fast as you can or risk having ancients and die horribly.

Sometimes I don't know what the devs are thinking. All it would take is an IN-GAME (not forum) vote after the round, like how would you like maturity removed? If 95% of players repeatedly vote NO to that...and they still remove it, than don't be surprise when Fulpstation overtakes CM in popularity as devs doing the exact opposite what players wants.