Their BYOND Key
    pfanner
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 9:40-10:09 AM est (8:40-9:09 AM CT) 2/7/2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    Wallace Haar and another marine were fighting xenos in the gym during Almayer siege. They were the last two(?) and fighting with the xenos in the ring. Pfanner had spawned himself in as a clown before and watched them fight with xenos. He then used a katana after a few minutes to kill Wallace and the other marine, saying xenos were taking too long. All in all the situation didn't sit right with me, seeing as this was a fun little thing we do that was usually allowed by staff since we eventually killed each other and didn't delay.
    Evidence
    Can be found in logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    Up to staff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't know what to say. I was genuinely in the belief that there was no glaring issue with this, as the round was already over. The Xenos already scored a Major Victory and he was the last Marine alive.

Yes, I did spawn myself in as a Clown in Maintenance and spawned in a sharp katana, though against what you're saying, I didn't interfere in your shenanigans and killed them as they were fighting. In fact, I killed them after the Marine had already finished off the Xeno, and only THEN killed him to make the round come to an end.

I'm quite baffled this isn't appreciated as opposed to me just using my staff powers to enforce our OOC schema of preserving RP standards and the fact that Xenos aren't actually allowed to just 1v1 ring fight humans like that. It's actually very much not in contrast with what is usually allowed.

In my defense, instead of being grumpy mod that ruins everyones fun by yelling at people in OOC "play normal, kill him and be done with it", I took some creative liberty to give everyone a giggle, let them do their fight, and then finished it off by killing the victorious Marine and let a new round begin. Don't see how this in any way is abusing my power or ruins the enjoyment of the server.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Wallace in this round, me and Moira McAuliffe I think if I remember correctly we were the last marines alive, we were both injured and about two or three slashes each from death, we decided to fight the xenos in the ring so that we could atleast have a bit of enjoyment before the round ended, however while fighting a spitter in the ring I was stabbed once by a clown with a katana that instantly decapped me.

I'm not really upset that the round was sped up, but considering that we were both close to death and only two or three slashes would've killed us, it was a bit disappointing to die in such a underwhelming way.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    I was Wallace in this round, me and Moira McAuliffe I think if I remember correctly we were the last marines alive, we were both injured and about two or three slashes each from death, we decided to fight the xenos in the ring so that we could atleast have a bit of enjoyment before the round ended, however while fighting a spitter in the ring I was stabbed once by a clown with a katana that instantly decapped me.

I'm not really upset that the round was sped up, but considering that we were both close to death and only two or three slashes would've killed us, it was a bit disappointing to die in such a underwhelming way.
    Yeah. I don't remember the details but I just knew you had just won a fight against someone. I zoned out a little and came back to see you having won, so as to not further delay the round, I just slashed you to be done with it.

As aforementioned, normaly Xenos and Humans aren't even allowed to fight in such a way. It's actually quite the opposite of realistic, if you'd like to put it that way, though since this entire incident already wasn't following routine, I just went with it and made something to give Dchat a laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all for staff interjecting fun little events into the rounds to spice them up. While not all of them are hard hitters in my opinion I can still respect the work staff put in them. In fact, this isn't the first 1v1 dojo event done at round end. I'm all for events but spawning yourself in as a clown and killing them is just kind of weak and unfun in my opinion. Sometimes nature should just take it's course for fluidity and enjoyment.

The video of me in a fun round end dojo event: https://streamable.com/d5qpt9

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Fruit_VEVO View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all for staff interjecting fun little events into the rounds to spice them up. While not all of them are hard hitters in my opinion I can still respect the work staff put in them. In fact, this isn't the first 1v1 dojo event done at round end. I'm all for events but spawning yourself in as a clown and killing them is just kind of weak and unfun in my opinion. Sometimes nature should just take it's course for fluidity and enjoyment.

The video of me in a fun round end dojo event: https://streamable.com/d5qpt9
    Ah yeah, I remember that video. That was probably me as well, though I'm not sure how long ago that was. A week or so? I think I just played music there to add a little to the scene and fight.

Also, as I already said, spawning myself in as a Clown was just sort of a gimmick to give everyone a laugh (repeating myself) and the killing was done as to not drag the fight out any further. I apologise if you felt inconvenienced by this, but I opted to do this than to just pull rule protocol and tell you guys to just finish it off by having you get killed the mundane way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs soon
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round begins at 07:23, ends at roughly 09:04 with hijack occurring at 08:45.

The gym gets frequently used throughout the entire round, people are fighting there from round start until and after hijack.

Various amounts of "boxing" seems to occur in the Gym post hijack, marines are hitting xenos with their helmets instead of actual weapons. The marines are getting healed in between fighting bouts. (I'm not copy and pasting every single instance of the attacks occurring, just giving a general overview of what happened here)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Pfanner's usage of Admin Powers, total amount of IC conversation I could find regarding the clown.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Pfanner tries to tell the fighters to hurry up, then kills the last two marines.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A different character is frustrated with the Gym shenanigans going on and tries to get their fellow xenos to go upstairs to the Garden to finish off the rest of the marines.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Burrower finishes fight in garden and tries to kill the marines in gym.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

No attack logs from Burrower towards the Clown could be found by myself
    Last edited by Somenerd; 02-08-2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Should be fixed now.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure what happened with the Burrower, to be fair. I saw it afterwards in Dchat that I apparantly bodyblocked him (?) or something, though I'm not certain how that happened. I just know that people fought in the ring, I didn't even realize there was a Burrower or something to begin with. Invincible? I don't remember having used Godmode or even being attacked by anyone, so I'm not sure where that complaining came from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, after consulting quite a few people about this I determined the best course of action is a Heavy Warning. Pfanner abused his spawn privilege's to end the round for other players and broke event protocols in the process. He plugged himself in to murder and force round end, when it would have been ended shortly after had he not intervened. Resolved
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present