Byond ID?
    TacticalTortoise

CM Character?
    Joseph ‘Cake Thief’ Jonger

Are you 16 or older?
    No

Timezone
    US central

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Depends on the week but I can be active most weekends all day if needed

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes I do discord staff often

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    ERIS and Fulp

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    On the subreddit r/yourredditlawyerfirm (and the discord)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Fulp station prank gone wrong I added WGW to the newscaster under the book club thing I did talk it over with the admin who banned me and got the 7 day down to a 3 day because of some misunderstandings

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If it was a accident Fax the MPs saying to tell him to keep the safety on if was not accidental let the MP brig the person

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    bwoink pred to follow pred RP rules and fix the damage that the pred did that was improper

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Fax or whisper to SEA if not synth. If he really needs help tell someone with mentor to help him out

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Try to calm him down, remind him that this is a free game nothing is perfect and the staff are the rules if still continues forward to admin+Staff with a warning to the staff of his unhelpful ness

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Bwoink tell him to change his name as it breaks the naming rules and assign a new name

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Bwoink ask what he is doing tell him to put it back or I (or MPs) will make him

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Revive the marine and remind the survivor that they must be friendly to the marines (as in not attack) but could RP with just a bad aditude

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Fax the MPs to remove him from perma and remind them of SOP as well as ask the player how long he has been in perma if time is enough for the sentence tp him out as well as warn the MP of the RP standards

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Fax CO that the marines are needed elsewhere soon and to finish the OP or QM the queen that the marines are getting reinforcement soon and the new tall will beat them unless you beat them first

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    IC: notify SL or SO to detain him (SL have zippties)
    OC: bwoink tell him to stop or punishment will come

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    CLF are enemy’s of the USCM just because EGOR is in effect it’s more to stop same faction FF as well as it’s round end so the new round will start soon so it’s not as big of a deal

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell him to notify MP and bwoink the maniac to stop or OOC punishment may come

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Remind the mutineers of escalation rules (punch for punch knife for knife gun for gun) if a medic is around let the medic revive the fallen Marien if not revive him myself

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Mass OOC warn them find the head of the mutiny and bwoink to do proper prosidures if not get a riot Response team out

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the joke maker to be more sensitive to others feelings and tell the other person that he can leave the area so he doesn’t have too witness it

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    IP ban (or account whatever it is y’all do) and revive all fallen marines

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Remind them of the Xeno RP standards if they do it again remove privilege of joining the hive for round

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Bwoink and remind queen is god so stop as well as the RP standards of xenos if nessisary have queen exile

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Remind the dropshiper to use proper xeno language notify the person who ahelped I biwonked him and that accidents happen

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Remind the alien knower that they don’t know what happened only a distress beacon was deployed

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Remove him from pod, revive fallen marine (as What he just did under marien law is mueder and illigal) and tell to get in pod if continues kick from server or round

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Mute looc for him and remind him I’m a volenteer as well as that if he doesn’t like how this game is he can always leave

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Let him say as a capture is a capture but spawn a new body in cryo for him

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    DM the staff that the info was incorrect and tell him to correct if he ignores I’ll correct him

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Get a higher opinion and consult the rules and not interpret but read the facts

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Because I like to staff. And it’s fun to work with others and see the mistakes that other people make

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To remain calm in heated situations as well as take the rules for what they are and not interpret

Anything else you
    I’m under 16 (as I filled in) so school will factor on my a activity, I’m not expecting to be accepted but if I am I’ll work real hard when I am active

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit

Edit: forgot to mention I will be Turing 16 in less than 30 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of some of these answers.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?

bwoink pred to follow pred RP rules and fix the damage that the pred did that was improper
    A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?

Revive the marine and remind the survivor that they must be friendly to the marines (as in not attack) but could RP with just a bad aditude
    A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?

Let him say as a capture is a capture but spawn a new body in cryo for him
    I'd have to say no to answers like these, by no means do we "fix" damage done by players unless it was a blatant grief.

Also, HC faxes aren't meant to be used as a form of staff > player communication. They're meant to be means to initiate an RP event or misc. events deemed necessary by staff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel you might want to retract this and go back over some of the rules, procedures, and whitelist shit.

I am blunt and to the point. Lots of problems with these answers no reason to go over them IMO as they are lacking significantly and makes me feel like you didn't spend enough time on it, either understanding or checking previous apps.

Take a bit more time and show us what ya can do mate.

Last edited by trustscience44; 02-09-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not seem to have a great grasp of either rules or the public staff procedures. And you seem to want to meddle in the round a bit too much. The answer is often just to let things stand in MP. YOu never mentioned punishments or notes and rarely mentioned and explicit rule anyone broke. This application feels hastily done and poorly researched. I feel that you shoulod spend more time learning the rules of the game and reviewing the other applications. As this stands I can not in good conscience recommend it. -1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't think being a reddit Moderator would compare to being ss13 Moderator let alone CM. - 1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do not even have to echo anything especially said prior id suggest getting a better grasp of some rules and withdraw this application -1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna let this sit out here for ages. I believe the mods have said enough on the application, denied. Please re-apply in 30 days.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present