Space Waffle#8984

Marine Name
    Andy Marcotte

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Vrak'ral

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Clan Etra’Vak

A Clan based on Creating, Researching, and practicing things. Less so on the religious side but still quite interesting.

Do note I am willing to explain further if you are not understanding of the clan's purpose.

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

A glimpse of Vrak'ral's day in his world.

922 word document, 5 pages. Could been bigger but I didnt want to.

I do sometimes hate the "Answer is too short" thing on the forums applications. So I am just gonna make a take a small bit from my Yautja Character's story and paste it in here:

“A new clan of bad bloods? A rarity I think, even then, are they willing to trade for a resource we need? This day is special.” Vrak'ral Comments.

“Nonetheless, it's a mission called for only one warrior as it's purely for trading. No fighting or intimidation.” Vqrk’gal says

I still hate the lock on how many words this still needs, Jesus Christ...............................

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question about the honor code: A marine is inside the FOB, wearing a pred mask, suit, armor, with a sword on their back, pred greaves too, and the bracer. They are talking to other marines regarding how they went about killing a pred by convincing it to start talking, then shooting it with his SMG. You're the only predator alive. What do you do?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Quick question about the honor code: A marine is inside the FOB, wearing a pred mask, suit, armor, with a sword on their back, pred greaves too, and the bracer. They are talking to other marines regarding how they went about killing a pred by convincing it to start talking, then shooting it with his SMG. You're the only predator alive. What do you do?
    Considering the, "Gear Recovery" Part of the HC, no other lifeform should wear Predator armor/equipment unless it was a trophy from a Honor Duel or the human is a Thrall (In this case, if the marine is a thrall his master clearly died).

So, Since this is clearly a dick move getting the Predator to speak then kill the predator while you had the jump on him, and Dishonored the Dead Predator by moving, manipulating his/her's body it is along the lines of being a Dishonorable prey.

Since I have come to this answer, my actions in dispatching this marines will be as followed:

Wait till the marine ventures out to see which direction and if he'd be alone.

If he is alone I would fight him in a 1v1 using the appropriate weapons on a dishonorable prey (Hopefully killing the guy)

If he is NOT alone, I will then attempt to stun them all or if I am not able to stun them all, I will focus on the one marine who dishonored the predator. And following the HC, if any of his fellow marines attempt to drag or defend this marine they will be considered Dishonorable during this engagement where this marine is still alive.

In the end both engagements will most likely result in this dishonorable marine's death. And I will then drag off or start stripping the marine of the Predator gear Returning it to the rightful places on the ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An acid runner keep hitting you then running back to the queen, in the frontline "farming" you for acid. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrak View Post
    An acid runner keep hitting you then running back to the queen, in the frontline "farming" you for acid. What do you do?
    Hmm, A tough one since the HC doesn't explicitly say what to do about this. BUT, I do guess it would be considered LRP to 'Farm' Acid by hitting Pred and running back to a Unhuntable for protection. I would, in this case, confirm my suspicion of this being LRP to a Pred to a More experienced Pred or a Mod/admin in the server. But if there is no other predators or admins/mods then this is what I will do:

Since the acid runner is still technically worthy prey and its a 50/50 on if it is dishonorable prey or not, I will take the safe option of its not Dishonorable.

In this case I will pick to options depending on how the runner acts in doing so:

1. If he repeatedly hits me without fleeing, I will smack then chase till the runner reached the queen. Using worthy tools to do so. If the queen then attempts to intervene and gets between me and the runner and attacks me, then the queen loses her unhuntable status making her free game for now. At least until the runner dies. If the queen doesn't intervene I will Continue to hunt the runner till he dies. Ending this game of his.

2. If there is another predator of higher status that knows what to do, OR, there's a an admin that confirms it being LRP and from that point the runner is considered Dishonorable. Then the game will be short, ending in a quick battle hopefully.

Though this one was difficult, I do expect to be messaged and whatnot if I choose Number 2 which case I will defend my actions and whatnot. A good question I do have to say.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thespy24574 View Post
    Considering the, "Gear Recovery" Part of the HC, no other lifeform should wear Predator armor/equipment unless it was a trophy from a Honor Duel or the human is a Thrall (In this case, if the marine is a thrall his master clearly died).

So, Since this is clearly a dick move getting the Predator to speak then kill the predator while you had the jump on him, and Dishonored the Dead Predator by moving, manipulating his/her's body it is along the lines of being a Dishonorable prey.
    All you can see is that he's wearing gear, and he's boasting (as a marine would) that he beat a predator and took their gear. You have no actual way to confirm he even fought a Yautja, and could've gotten the gear from someone who did & left the gear (a very common occurance). Unless you see someone actually doing a dishonourable act, never treat them as dishonourable, you have no idea whether or not you're actually in the right and are just acting off an assumption, it can only bite you in the ass.

Besides that, the story tells me you don't really understand what bad bloods are, or how they're seen. To even associate with a bad blood is social suicide, an entire clan that would be willing to trade with bad bloods would then also be considered bad bloods by Yautja society at large. The honour code is essentially the lifeblood of Yautja society, pretty much everything revolves around adhering to it, no clan would willingly associate with bad bloods who disgrace and dishonour the code, unless they too were bad bloods.

For these reasons I cannot support this app, I recommend observing predators in game when you can, and talking to people with the whitelist to learn more, and there's always whitelist-app-help or PMing councillors for help with lore/social aspects of the WL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    All you can see is that he's wearing gear, and he's boasting (as a marine would) that he beat a predator and took their gear. You have no actual way to confirm he even fought a Yautja, and could've gotten the gear from someone who did & left the gear (a very common occurance). Unless you see someone actually doing a dishonourable act, never treat them as dishonourable, you have no idea whether or not you're actually in the right and are just acting off an assumption, it can only bite you in the ass.

Besides that, the story tells me you don't really understand what bad bloods are, or how they're seen. To even associate with a bad blood is social suicide, an entire clan that would be willing to trade with bad bloods would then also be considered bad bloods by Yautja society at large. The honour code is essentially the lifeblood of Yautja society, pretty much everything revolves around adhering to it, no clan would willingly associate with bad bloods who disgrace and dishonour the code, unless they too were bad bloods.

For these reasons I cannot support this app, I recommend observing predators in game when you can, and talking to people with the whitelist to learn more, and there's always whitelist-app-help or PMing councillors for help with lore/social aspects of the WL.

I see where you are coming from and whatnot but I have a feeling I got to explain my clan a bit more, The ONLY reason why my clan is trading with a bad blood one is because they have a resource that my clan doesn't have or is in low supply of, and with recent signs of the clan being unable to find the resource they, unfortunately, had to trade with a bad blood clan in order to get that resource. The clan VERY MUCH doesn't like doing this. The clan was pushed to the extreme in this case and will only do it this once. Likely wont do it ever again. They will take the social blow of trading with a bad blood clan but they will hopefully make up for it with discovering, creating and whatnot to earn their status back.

In the end I doubt I will be able to sway your opinion so thanks for the comment on this.
    Last edited by thespy24574; 02-19-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that there's no coming back from being labelled a bad blood, you can't unbreak the honour code, or undo the stain upon your name of associating with them, they are the antithesis of Yautja society.

I understand where you're coming from and the reasoning but it unfortunately just wouldn't work that way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application - Denied

Poor community and council support.

You neither used the story to demonstrate an adequate understanding of predator lore or HC, wasting an opportunity.

Do expend further into your clan, from the information that we've been given, it's an allright clan concept, further development could be benificial, but the current information that you've provided is pretty decent.

I would recommend for stories, quality over quantity. Have an interesting story that fully expresses your understanding of the HC and predator lore.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505