User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MegaStar1234, and Mormaethor - Rule 3, Rule 4, and Rule 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyo SEA here, ive been playing SEA for a good bit and know current ML extremely well. atleast i think so. Besides the point, in all my time as SEA I personally believe its a good idea to butt in when a ML or other issue requires it. I was quite busy teaching during the previous round in question, and I late joined as CO with crimson during the other round in question. Anyways back to my point, I did not interfere with brig, my most important job second to teaching is to clear up issues like this. Also, I would like to add that I didn't take a step into brig during this, and when I did during hijack I was ordered out by Kaori.

oof MP.jpg

Truly, it comes down to me either butting in IC to try and avoid any problems and or teach. Or it comes down to someone getting OOCly reported and admins having to step in.

As for the second round in question, yeah that was a mess. The Brig was a jungle gym, I don't have much to add due to late joining and having to do my job as CO. So i have nothing to add on brauns case other than him being a little special looking in the background. I did handle the appeals though, and I accepted Charles one with the verdict of the jailbreaking and resisting arrest charges being demoted to Major DTGP and resisting arrest. I then pressed the pardon button as they had served their time for both appealed charges. Again Only charles and the others have seen what happend before Crimson and I showed up. But from the little i saw it was a bit crazy in brig, so thats where I will leave my input.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormaethor View Post
    The CMO was spotted inside the containment area at the same time we found the breach. That makes him the prime suspect. Also, he was carrying a welding helmet and armed shotgun at the time. The brig was also just shortly fired upon with a shotgun before his arrest. We did later find out he was not the one firing upon the brig, but at the point of his arrest, he was definitely the prime suspect.
    Haven't responded to this much, as I really don't know the protocols for player reports (really not my thing, I'm generally one to let stuff slide), but I would like to clarify that I was not "spotted inside the containment area at the same time we found the breach." I told the MPs about the breach over comms, and when they didn't respond I went inside to tell them in person, and was then arrested. They only found the breach because I went to tell them, not the other way around. Other than that I'm probably gonna wait for logs and what not before responding again, as I know staff gets annoyed when these are really long threads before we even get logs pulled up.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Haven't responded to this much, as I really don't know the protocols for player reports (really not my thing, I'm generally one to let stuff slide), but I would like to clarify that I was not "spotted inside the containment area at the same time we found the breach." I told the MPs about the breach over comms, and when they didn't respond I went inside to tell them in person, and was then arrested. They only found the breach because I went to tell them, not the other way around. Other than that I'm probably gonna wait for logs and what not before responding again, as I know staff gets annoyed when these are really long threads before we even get logs pulled up.
    I was the one who spotted you in the brig, and to my knowledge, no MP has seen any of your attempts to contact them. I simply saw it because I occasionally check the prisoner bathroom. It is after all where most jailbreaks and all suicides happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I latejoined in to the round as CMP and almost instantly staff told me the situation was pretty shitty, so I was "sent in to investigate by HC".

My investigation was somewhat hampered by the investigative tools for MP being sucky, so I was stuck doing witness statements, speaking to other players and trying to untangle the web of confusion.

I will say that low roleplay behaviour that occurred this round should have been handled by staff (such as APC ramming in to briefing, stuff like that is the reason we have OOC restrictions because dumb people ruin it for everyone)

During the investigation, in total, we had someone breach the brig as well as two murders. Dustin Moon (or something like that) who killed an MP for trying to arrest him, and a marine called Giveme Burger or something like that (who shot MPs south of brig, another marine was involved but I released him as he was trying to help the MPs by putting down the shooter.) This is ontop of the whole shitstorm which I was sent in to investigate, mind you. (The Lance Corporal I was questioning due to his detainment was very understanding and patient, so kudos to him, really.) Both of the murders were handled both ICly and OOCly.

There was also a notable and audible breach within the brig from a shotgun, I sent units to investigate (because I really wanted to handle the tangled web of confusion) and was informed that it was the CMO, I made a comment along the lines of "If the CMO wishes to make my investigation more difficult, give him jail-break and resisting arrest". This was in essence telling the officers "If the CMO is the culprit, handle him to the full extent of the law".

I later began to handle the CMOs appeal, leading the investigation because, upon further questioning, it was evident that the case was not as clear cut as I was lead to believe. (I even checked the ammo of his shotgun, which he was found on-site with near the breach). Historically, situational evidence has been permitted in marine law, due to the quite honestly poor tools MPs have. He was released after a chat between me and the CMO. Around this time, the brig was both C4'ed and then SADARed, (although the round was ending) which uh, was the icing on the cake.

I spoke to the reporter about the situation in discord, told him I'd tell him what I saw that round.

I believe Brauns actions from my brief time interacting with him were moreso of a new player, or at the very least someone very inexperienced in the role, in a chaotic round. I do tend to preach second chances a lot because I think everyone will slip up sooner or later.

Regarding Yamashita, I haven't at all much exposure to them so I really can't comment on them personally, although I have heard mixed things about them, but I try not judge people based on other peoples opinions because that ain't my style.

From my limited view as a latejoiner sent in to help out, I personally think that the situation was a shit-sandwich which everyone had to eat.

I will say ultimately though, refusing an appeal is a big no-no, so whoever did that should get a spanking.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 02-12-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do logs for this soon
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This took me several hours. I'm not including the two people who murdered MPs as they were handled by staff in the round. I'll try and keep things somewhat short and relevant, as there's a lot of logs. Ordinarily, I'd colour stuff and make it look pretty, but I've sort of spent something like four hours on this and I'm not wasting any more on this.

An alpha engineer hacks requisitions before it is declared legal by the XO. They are then arrested, but their squad interferes, and also gets arrested.

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO announces that hacking squad reqs is legal, but only after the arrest.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

People start requesting the XO to pardon people, which they are not able to do as an XO. During this time, someone breaches the brig.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP comms during this time, MP's ask if the XO is pardoning the prisoners, despite being unable to actually do so.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

APC runs over the fulton, driver is declared as wanted for arrest. MP initially arrests the wrong person, marines on the almayer mob the MP and prevent them from carrying out the arrest, MP then chases the APC to Hydro.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Rob Warraker's only mentions of an appeal are as follows. A fax is submitted, but does not receive a response. AI reports that Alpha may be released.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO is initially arrested upon entering the brig. Reports of shotgun fire, CMP orders that they be arrested on suspicion of jailbreak due to numerous things going on. During this time, there are marines shooting up the place and breaking windows, one of which murders an MP and is handled by staff.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO asks for an appeal.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Full Appeal logs. Charge is downgraded to DTGP and Resisting arrest, then released due to the time already served.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright for Megastar, you'll be getting a warning for failing to follow proper arrest procedure (you did say it once outside of the APC but I doubt they heard you and plus you didn't repeat it once inside, so we can't be certain they knew) and chasing the APC in hot pursuit (little lrp); as you were being swarmed and ran over by the APC on the Alamo, I am going to overlook the use of the flashbang for crowd control. Seeing as you're a newer MP and have not to many notes, a warning will suffice.

For Mormaethor, the arrest of the engineer was legal, as the XO just allowed access very shortly afterwards, as evident in the announcement. The CMO incident was just a misunderstanding from what I can tell, glad to see it was resolved by Crimson afterwards. The one thing I noticed was a pattern of failing to follow arrest procedures much like the other MP, for the engineer you sprayed him and cuffed him without a word about his charges. You have an extensive past history of MP notes, I want you to take the time to FULLY re-read SOP and ML. I won't be Jbanning over this incident, but a minimum ban of 3 hours for failure to follow arresting procedure (Marine Law) as an MP. Please double check when you're about to act.

Other than what I've pointed out I think it was just a huge cluster of events going on, I don't blame the MP staff for the chaos and way of handling it, I too would be jostled. RESOLVED.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present