Byond ID?
    Zab1019

CM Character?
    Eugienia 'Nordica' Northey

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    +10 GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    7-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    A few milsim clans with less than 50 people

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TGMC and a bit of para.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I said Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself when I was a greytider and coped a 3 day. There's likely a few more than 24 hour bans as well that I can't remember. I think for mutinying.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I called someone a slur on para once when I was new, got perma'd and had it undone when I read their rules properly.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, a group of people that enforces the same rulings should have communcation and clarification with each other.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I think it could be a few things: An accident, whether from misclick or misunderstanding of spaceman UI. On purpose knowingly shooting. Caught in the crossfire, might've even been a different shooter and MPs just got the wrong dude. Or they were shoved with their gun out, and popped off from that.
    I'd PM the shooter, MPs arresting and investigate for possible shoving. If it was an accident, IC crimes are IC crimes sadly, and I'd feel bad for em but I don't think staff can do anything in that. Get an SEA or me to teach if possible after. If its purposeful, note em for possible improper escalation or griefing.
    Log diving would solve crossfire issues, as for example the arrested marine might've not been the shooter, and MPs just brigged an innocent. Tell the MPs to be more careful in their investigation procedures, but I'm not sure to the things I can do in-game about this, if I can just tell the MPs to let them go, or make the innocent file an appeal. Lastly if they got shoved and it popped off, I'd tell em to be more careful. I don't think I would note this, as they might've not consented to it, but if they have a history of it or the logs suggest otherwise it'd be noted.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Staff can't do anything about WL. I'd have to just point them to the forum report section and remind them that reports can only be 48 hours old from the incident.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd PM them asking if they need help around town, and tell mentor gang if they're required. Give em links to the rules and marine quickstart guide. Pop in myself if I'm able to teach if there's no SEA.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Rule 0.2 dictates that they can't really argue with a staff member, or complain about which staff is handling their stuff. I'd just point them to the forum to staff report me, as well as explain my reasoning to them and the rulings that dictated my actions. I don't really care all that much about name calling banter shite. If they're pissy a 0.2 note is always an easy option.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Not sure what John Doe is from, but marine names can't be media references or other player's marine names. Also it has to fit into the lore. I'll ask em to cease using it, and give em a chance to make up a new one. If they can't figure one out that they will like, I'd give them a random one. Noting them for it no matter what I think.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    MT is breaching SOP, IC issue. They may be an agent and gathering their stuff, IC. Might be gearing up to deploy which is IC. If they have a history of gearing up and clearly breaching the SOP I'd warn and note em. Maybe check on them in the next round to see if they continue their actions. They could be shooting marines and griefing though with that rifle of theirs, which is a noting right there. And likely a ban depending on history.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors cannot be hostile, unless CLF or an event spawned one. I don't think there's any CLF survivor spawns anymore, so I'd ask in staff chats if there's a hostile surv event. I'd ask the marines that were in the scenario for their side of the story, plus the survivor, as it might be a murky escalation scenario, log diving will help in that case, plus to back up each side's story.
    If it appears that it's an outright hostile survivor I'd note for it, I'm not sure what hostile surv counts as in rulings. I think LRP/Griefing. If it was something about improper escalation the note would be for that instead. Follow the ban procedures if their notes indicate they got a bad history with that sorta thing.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Permabrigging for possibly theft + trespassing is a big no noes. I'd ask for the MP(s) that got em in question, then correlate their two stories, as well as any other parties (likely req staff) and match up the stories with logs generated. Could be a MP stuff up, in which they'd be noted and told to release/downgrade the charge. Or maybe the attachie thief did something worthy of being perma'd while getting their attachment, which the logs would find out. It might be a note/ban depending on history on improper escalation for the perma'd.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd message both leaders of each force ICly. Xenos would get a QM message likely, thirsting for the blood of the talls, or that the cowardice shown is not approved, something like that. I'd subtle message the commander of the marines of something about they hear something in their back of their head, that they should prepare for a new offensive.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'll work through the scenario ICly, and ahelp about it. Shouldn't intervene with things that you are affected by.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG is only for friendly on friendly violence. USCM and CLF are enemies, and as such can kill each other at round end just fine. I'd investigate if any party was wearing uniforms of another at the time (if thats even possible). Because there might've been some wacky mixup or change of costume, but that's kinda unlikely.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Doing things like ruining the process of gearing up for others, shoving down people while trying to get their prep sorted is an round start shenanigan/grief note.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Punches cannot go straight to gunplay, as it's improper escalation. Melee weaponry like knives ect. have to be gone through first. I'd investigate by PMing both sides to get their story and log dive. If the improper escalation is true I'd note/possibly ban for bad escalation accordingly.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd MOOC to cease the illegal mutiny, and remind marines that they have to ahelp to get it approved before they try anything dodgy.
    If they continue it's an asleep for em. It's hard to know who's wanting to mutiny and who's just hanging about, but the ringleaders marines that clearly said mutiny would be getting noted and possibly banned dependin on history.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Bigotry is not allowed on CM, things like slurs and racist stereotypes aren't allowed. But I don't think it's my place as a mod to rule on stereotypes categorisation. Slurs and other nasty phrases are an easy note/ban depending on the escalation of their notes though.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Easy griefer, see if they have any notes about that field. And ban accordingly. Would probably be a 3+ days with something that blatant, but I don't know a tonne about the procedures for bans.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    It's not always easy to know where you can and cannot be as a larva, especially for new players. I'd check notes if they have anything up about suiciding/wasting slots.
    Remind em that sitting in hive or finding a safe area away from marines is really the best option for larva, as they don't got the best of health amounts to say the least.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Saying typical alien meme phrases ain't alright, and I think it even warns you not to when you spawn in as a xeno. I'd remind them of that, and that it is LRP. Insulting the queen in a non-joking manner is for sure LRP as they are a hivemind, and are meant to co-exist in harmony. I'd note for LRP for meme phrases and insulting the queen, and check history for any possible bans that might happen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind chat is the english translation of xenomorph communication, so I'd just tell em that both are okay and it ain't no biggie. They can do either.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Marines know what aliens *kinda* are, generally. But not that they know that there's aliens infesting the deployment zone unless otherwise specified, like a fax from the ground or event telling so.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Marines are allowed to kill their comrades to get a slot in an evac pod, as ICly wise its justified. But only if there were no other escape pods that had space in them, and if they needed to retreat into one in that very moment, due to xenos ect. breaching in.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Refer em to a staff report link and remind them that things must be reported within 48 hours. I don't really care but 0.2 note is there to be applied possibly.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell em staff can't do much about things that happen to you while ssd, I know their pain but oh wells.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Talk to em in mod say about my perspective and beliefs of the ruling. Maybe it changes the outcome for the player(s) they were handling or maybe it doesn't. But I would want to bring it up with other staff or even a manager so we can learn from it for next time, with better insight to the ruling from others.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I think if there isn't clear, concise guidelines for what happens from higher up the totem pole, and its iffy as, I don't think someone should get banned for it. Reckon notes should still be applied for sure though. But put on hold for a ban until it becomes evident that it's something to ban. That can't always happen, though. I'd put in my thoughts on the argument and run it up to management. The banned player can always do a staff report on the forums, and I'd tell the the one handling it to remind them of that.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I enjoy the CM community and I cannot play the game nearly as much anymore, but I still wish to help it thrive. I help I can help it. Also having little events can be fun when I'm able.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    There's a lot of shit that can happen, that a mod will need to respond to. As something that a griefer or a new player might do could be quite similar. Plus you need to moderate multiple parties (including yourself). So I think it would be Open-Mindness. As that encompasses things like empathy and having enough of an open mind to change from lesser good behaviours.

Anything else you
    Nah not really. I'm not sure about where I can step in or leave things IC, at times. And ban procedures. Think some of me answers might be a bit spotty at times, but I can always further my thoughts in a response.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MT is breaching SOP, IC issue. They may be an agent and gathering their stuff, IC. Might be gearing up to deploy which is IC. If they have a history of gearing up and clearly breaching the SOP I'd warn and note em. Maybe check on them in the next round to see if they continue their actions. They could be shooting marines and griefing though with that rifle of theirs, which is a noting right there. And likely a ban depending on history.

You never note someone for breaching SOP, unless it crosses into LRP territory which this doesn't.

Absolutely fantastic answer, I have no problem recommending you as a mod. I hope to see you on the team! +1

P.S. John Doe is a placeholder name like John Smith

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answes and all that, you're a good mentor too. Just remember what schalkguy said. But, you iron all that out in your trial.

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this looks great. Maybe a little issue here and there, but that's what training is for. I hope I'll see you in staff chat soon!

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, sure. I'll trust my fellow Mods on their opinion. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of effort put into the app, good player overall and I like these answers. Here is a +1 from me

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically I'm on the fence when someone has notes recently (3 week or w/e period). I'm up for this being up for trial, but I'm neutral just based on that because I follow older principle. Don't disappoint!
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me try me best. I ain't perfect.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me as well. I have trust in the others decision and I know you've been around for a good amount of time, as a Mentor as well. So, we might as well test our luck and see how much you can prove yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the Moderators here have given you a plethora of +1's, I'm quite on the fence about this. Guidelines state that you must stay note free for 30 days, looking at your record you seem to get at least 2 a month. I want you to stay note free for 30 days.
    You can re-apply in a month, if you just stay clean, put the same effort in, then you will make it. Denied.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present